IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible-Brandon Rios-Mike Alverado II March 30th!
Jack 1000
post Jan 20 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

WOW!!!!

The rematch of their first classic! I say possible, because sometimes the source (Fightnews) does not always verify information. But if this is true....AWESOME! This is what more boxers should be doing today! Fighting rematches when the first fights are thrillers like that! Not sitting on their asses, claiming to be the best, just waiting for some big payday like a spoiled kid!

Here's the link:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/boxing-buzz-135-161979

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 20 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

This is a shitty idea. Rios stopped the dude in 8. Why does that warrant a rematch? Rios should be looking to move up in the division. Why make a lateral move at this point in Rios' carreer? Hes not a skillfull type fighter and can only take but so many shots to the head. So why waste them on fighting Alverado again? I know the first fight was exciting but there was no contraversy. Move on to bigger and better things.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Jan 20 2013, 04:08 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Patt Russell is a shitty ref, and Alvarado made a rookie move by NOT taking a knee when he got hurt. He kept saying that he was alright...man please, take a knee and give yourself some time to recover.

I wouldn't mind seeing this one just once more...looks like it's only two months away, so both guys can fight at least once or twice before the close of the year. Since Rios is under Arum's thumb, all of these fantasy fight requests (Matthysse, Maidana, Garcia, Broner, etc) that guys are crying for, are already down the shitter.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 22 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not interested. this one ends quicker than the first one.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 22 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Interesting in the level of disinterest in this one!

I am excited about it because I want to see another war. The question raised I guess, is how come it's OK for say Ward and Gatti to fight three times and give us three very good to great fights, but Rios and Alverado can't do it twice? Maybe Gatti and Ward had a bit more experience. My point was if two guys who gave us such a great fight the first time, why not do it again?

Remember that, my view is this, if EITHER Rios or Alverado fight a real top guy, or even a boxer who can box well, the only place that there are gonna go is down. So why not have them fight again? (Where both can go us a second brawl in terms of action and excitement for the fans.)

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 22 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

as long as there not attempt at a shoulder roll in the next one i cant complain haha

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 22 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 22 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Interesting in the level of disinterest in this one!

I am excited about it because I want to see another war. The question raised I guess, is how come it's OK for say Ward and Gatti to fight three times and give us three very good to great fights, but Rios and Alverado can't do it twice? Maybe Gatti and Ward had a bit more experience. My point was if two guys who gave us such a great fight the first time, why not do it again?

Remember that, my view is this, if EITHER Rios or Alverado fight a real top guy, or even a boxer who can box well, the only place that there are gonna go is down. So why not have them fight again? (Where both can go us a second brawl in terms of action and excitement for the fans.)

Jack

the gatti ward trilogy was brutal as well...i watched all 3...but interest went down with each bout.

i prefer trilogies with high skill levels ala barrera/morales or even pac/jmm.

rios/alvarado is going to be like the marquez/vasquez fights....not a lot of skill or defense...and a whole lot of diminishing. i love to see wars once in a while...especially where a highly skilled fighter is forced to dig deep and take it to the trenches...but rios/alvarado is more like rock 'em sock 'em robots. i don't want to see either guy seriously hurt...and i think there are plenty of other great match ups they can both participate in that will earn them more money in the long run than shortening their careers with this match up. then to do this back to back like this....i have to seriously question both guys management teams. they really do not have either fighters best interest at heart. sometimes u have to protect your fighter from himself. this is one of those situations.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 22 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 22 2013, 09:34 PM) *
as long as there not attempt at a shoulder roll in the next one i cant complain haha

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) someone tell that to berto too!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:10 PM