IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richard Shaf to TMT, Could Mayweather /Al Haymon be posturing for taking the undustry over
BoxingStill#1
post May 1 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

With things going quickly south for Shaffer and his relationship with Oscar, and his and Mayweathers interest in joining Mayweather Promotions, could we be seeing another cold war in boxing.. Bhop backing seemingly.

If he makes that move to Mayweather Promotions, him and Al Haymon could corner the market. So Haymon already adding to his stable big name, after big name,.. if Shaffer moves, fighters are soon to follow imo.

Oscars move to make a mends with Bob could be starting an even bigger segregation.. yikes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 1 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I could see Schaefer and Haymon starting their own business, but not joining Mayweather's team. I do agree that a new cold war could develop...and that is not good for boxing. I don't want to see 3 different promotion companies all making mostly in-house fights. That just won't be good. I think it is inevitable though.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 2 2014, 02:52 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Do we have some detailed information about the Oscar x Richard relationship? To me, Rich's possible departure from GB is big news!

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 2 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

ell this is a good thing in a way, because golden boy ould be split in half, and wed finally be able to see matchups weve been dreamng about, on the other hand, haymons company would be the new top rank with all haymons fighters having to fight eachother, because they wont ork ith bob/oscar. this might get very ugly.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 2 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 2 2014, 02:52 AM) *
Do we have some detailed information about the Oscar x Richard relationship? To me, Rich's possible departure from GB is big news!

If you mean how did this situation start then check these articles out

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/a-golden-rift

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweat...-082722406.html

If you mean how they hooked up to be friends and partners and all that stuff. De La Hoya brought Scheafer in at some point, can't remember if it was after or before he left Arum but I think it was right around the time he was leaving. When he started GB, it was kinda the same sceneraio, Schafer was there to over see the finances and he ws managing the fighters, which almost reminds me of the Haymon situation and it could be a possible joint effort

Here's a detailed hsitory on Oscar and Schaefer

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/...lden-boy-empire

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 2 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 2 2014, 12:40 PM) *
If you mean how did this situation start then check these articles out

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/a-golden-rift

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweat...-082722406.html

If you mean how they hooked up to be friends and partners and all that stuff. De La Hoya brought Scheafer in at some point, can't remember if it was after or before he left Arum but I think it was right around the time he was leaving. When he started GB, it was kinda the same sceneraio, Schafer was there to over see the finances and he ws managing the fighters, which almost reminds me of the Haymon situation and it could be a possible joint effort

Here's a detailed hsitory on Oscar and Schaefer

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/...lden-boy-empire

Thanks chi. I am familiar with how Rich and ODH got together but I was unaware of the rift. Thanks for all those links, I'll look into it when I get home.

EDIT: Ok, basically.....nothing new. Everyone knows Oscar plays second fiddle. It's kinda sad but that's what you get for having so many fuck ups.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 2 2014, 02:41 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 2 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I don't see shafs issue with Bob Arum now, as much as I hate Arum, other promoters wish they could do what he does. Put on terrible undercards, strong arm fighters, etc etc. Shaefers jealous he couldn't do that for shit. I mean Arum makes a shit ton of money from very little, especially since hes taking a ton of money from the figters.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 2 2014, 06:50 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

According to boxingscene.com De La Hoya went Arum's house for a meeting. Oscar said he wants to bury the hatched. Oscar wants control of his company. I alsob thinks he wants to embarrass Floyd by making the Canelo and Pac match up. He knows that will make a shit tone of money at the same time proving Floyd was ducking Manny the whole time.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 2 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

what weight would this fight be at? 152 again? i just dont see it happening. canelos like a middlweight now, he was huge in the angulo fight. hes just too big for pacquiao.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 3 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 2 2014, 07:48 PM) *
what weight would this fight be at? 152 again? i just dont see it happening. canelos like a middlweight now, he was huge in the angulo fight. hes just too big for pacquiao.

That would be slaughter, and Pacquiao's last fights. He'd get Hatton'd lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:29 AM