IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Showtime Quadruple Header Saturday Night-Preview!, Broner vs. Maidana, Santa Cruz vs. Seda, Thurman vs. Soto Karas
Jack 1000
post Dec 13 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What a great card! Another FOUR big fights! More information here: (Credit: Boxing Insider)

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/sho...vs-soto-karass/

Your picks and comments?

Jack

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 13 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

thurman by tko in the championship rounds.
santa cruz by ko in 8.
broner by UD.

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Dec 13 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

Broner will outbox Maidana. I think once he feels Maidana's power, he will stick and move and just outbox him for the UD. I do see a knockdown for both fighters.

Thurman will KO Soto-Karass in 8. Should be good while it lasts. Thurman took some big shots in his last fight and bounced back well. They'll both land some bombs, but I expect Thurman to land the more effective punches and stop Soto-Karass.

Santa Cruz gets the UD against Seda. Santa Cruz is an action fighter cause he overwhelms his opponents with punches in bunches. Want to see some defense from him and see if he can take a shot. Seda has a little pop in his punches, but I think Santa Cruz wins this convincingly.

Haven't seen either Shumenov or Kovacs fight yet. I'll stay tuned. Hope it has some action.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 14 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

keith thurman has the bullshit version of the wba welter title, so when he blasts karass, he should get broner next. thats a helllllll of a fight right thurr

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Broner/Maidana: The easy answer would be Broner as the victor, but for some reason, it's not coming that easy for me. I've seen Maidana in there with more skilled guys, and all I've seen is frustration and confusion on his end. Marcos hasn't been able to take a shot as good as he has in the past...he's been looking more and more vulnerable, maybe his body is asking him, "Man, this shit again? WTF's wrong with you?". Any smart man would question Broner's pop at 147...either it's not what it was at 30 or 35, or he had those first time jitters in his last fight. Who knows? As promised, I'll continue to go for the underdog for the remainder of this year, regardless of how obvious the outcome is. I have Maidana by surprise. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thurman/JSK: Keith moves a lot for the WW that he is, so this wont be a Berto-type fight for JSK...he'll have to work. My only request is that he uses some freakin' head movement all night...not just when things get rough. He cuts easily, so I'll expect expect plenty of blood here. I think he gives Thurman problems, and that's only based on the performance that Chaves put on, which he didn't use a lot of movement. Keith may very struggle a bit here, or he could go in there and obliterate JSK, since he knows that a title shot is around the corner. If he wins tonight, he can give a huge thank you to San Diego. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Santa Cruz/Seda: Not sure if I've seen Seda fight...so I'll make sure I don't sort socks while it's on.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:44 PM