IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jessie Vargas Does he regret leaving Mayweather Promotions?, Boxing irrelevence
MrChampagne123
post May 22 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,205

Does Jessie Vargas regret leaving Mayweather promotions? I would say h does because when he was with Mayweather Promotions he was way more relevent. He should have been in Jay Leon Love position and Ishe Smith...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 22 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

who is jessie vargas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
dre98
post May 22 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 22 2013, 05:29 PM) *
who is jessie vargas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Lmao funny

This post has been edited by dre98: May 22 2013, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 22 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Yes? No? I don't know anymore, what does Love have? Charged with PEDs and a controversial win? And Smith he beat the weakest champ, sure cry all you want that you won the belt, but till your undisputed you ain't shit. No offence to Mayweather stable, but when he retires, it's going to be harder getting them boys on high exposure cards.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 22 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 22 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Yes? No? I don't know anymore, what does Love have? Charged with PEDs and a controversial win? And Smith he beat the weakest champ, sure cry all you want that you won the belt, but till your undisputed you ain't shit. No offence to Mayweather stable, but when he retires, it's going to be harder getting them boys on high exposure cards.

i respect floyd and oscars accomplishments as boxers....and i commend them both for turning to promoting....but developing real talent...that is not something easily done.

gbp has mares...he's their first guy they took from zero bouts to a championship. but let's be honest about it...he's had some help along the way with questionable calls/no calls (agbeko, darchinyan, moreno) and i don't believe he's going to be up top for very long. canelo...they kind of inherited. he had plenty of experience when they signed him.

as for mayweathers guys...smith got his shot and won against k-9...but i'm not sure he's going to be there long either. i think he's losing to molina. love, i thought, was matched tough...and they tried to step him up to quick. he's not gonna make it anytime soon. plus with the positive testing...they may drop him from the roster. who knows?

something to consider: both floyd and oscar have massive egos. do you think they are the type to create fighters that would outshine their own accomplishments? oscar and floyd both have gone on record as saying they don't want to baby their fighters and will match them tough, but truth be told, both of them got to the positions they were/are in because of favorable match making by bob arum. i don't expect them to return the favor to any of their fighters anytime soon. maybe when they're much more mature men and realize that they stand to benefit by doing so. until then....i won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 22 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 23 2013, 01:33 AM) *
i respect floyd and oscars accomplishments as boxers....and i commend them both for turning to promoting....but developing real talent...that is not something easily done.

gbp has mares...he's their first guy they took from zero bouts to a championship. but let's be honest about it...he's had some help along the way with questionable calls/no calls (agbeko, darchinyan, moreno) and i don't believe he's going to be up top for very long. canelo...they kind of inherited. he had plenty of experience when they signed him.

as for mayweathers guys...smith got his shot and won against k-9...but i'm not sure he's going to be there long either. i think he's losing to molina. love, i thought, was matched tough...and they tried to step him up to quick. he's not gonna make it anytime soon. plus with the positive testing...they may drop him from the roster. who knows?

something to consider: both floyd and oscar have massive egos. do you think they are the type to create fighters that would outshine their own accomplishments? oscar and floyd both have gone on record as saying they don't want to baby their fighters and will match them tough, but truth be told, both of them got to the positions they were/are in because of favorable match making by bob arum. i don't expect them to return the favor to any of their fighters anytime soon. maybe when they're much more mature men and realize that they stand to benefit by doing so. until then....i won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Maybe they think these guys are as good as them and can keep up that pace, Love clearly can't and I doubt Ishe will if he fights the other 154lbers. Lara, Angulo, Vartisysosn(can't spell his name)

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post May 22 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

He has to be regreting it due to Mayweather Promotions and GBP partnership. GBP has the 147lb division on lock. He couldve landed Broner, Ortiz, Alexander, Guerrero just to name a few. He had a chance to really make a name for himself. Now hes reduced to ESPN Fri night fights. Freakin loser.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 22 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 23 2013, 02:01 AM) *
He has to be regreting it due to Mayweather Promotions and GBP partnership. GBP has the 147lb division on lock. He couldve landed Broner, Ortiz, Alexander, Guerrero just to name a few. He had a chance to really make a name for himself. Now hes reduced to ESPN Fri night fights. Freakin loser.

making easy money and probably be protected for a while making easy money, yeah sure what a loser...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 22 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 22 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Maybe they think these guys are as good as them and can keep up that pace, Love clearly can't and I doubt Ishe will if he fights the other 154lbers. Lara, Angulo, Vartisysosn(can't spell his name)

mares was an olympian for mexico. i don't believe love was an olympian. oscar won gold...and floyd won bronze....both had excellent amateur careers.

lara, angulo and martirosyan were all olympians as well. they had much better amateur careers than mares, love and smith.

i think they know mares, love and smith are not on their levels. neither is angulo, lara and martirosyan.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 23 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Vargas was nothing special even when he was fighting on those Mayweather cards...he might regret it because he's not getting the attention that he was getting when he was with Mayweather promotions...as for the fighters in Mayweather's stable, it's too early to say what they're going to turn into...J'Leon is/was his best prospect but he has a ways to go but it's some guy that fights under the Mayweather banner but I can't remember his name, he's going to be good

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:44 AM