Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salido vs Garcia fight report with press scores
fightscoreollect...
post Jan 20 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

Hi guys in the signature below is my fight report for the 126lb WBO title fight between Salido and Garcia.

Comments welcome

Thanks guys

Fightscorecollector

ps: the article should also be making its way onto the UKFIGHTHYPE side of the site very soon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 21 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

was i the only one bothered by the stoppage of this fight?

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Jan 21 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,394

I thought he should have fought on but the doctor obviously didn't. I wonder if the fight was close or Garcia was behind IF he would have demanded to continue??

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 21 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jan 21 2013, 01:09 AM) *
I thought he should have fought on but the doctor obviously didn't. I wonder if the fight was close or Garcia was behind IF he would have demanded to continue??

i'll have to go back and watch the video...but it appeared to me that roberto garcia called the doc to the corner and basically asked for the fight to be stopped. the doc nor the ref saw it fit to go to the corner on their own...so they went off of what garcia said and asked for? seemed kind of suspect to me. also...mikey himself said he could have continued.

+Quote Post
Juice
post Jan 23 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 13,298

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 21 2013, 12:09 PM) *
i'll have to go back and watch the video...but it appeared to me that roberto garcia called the doc to the corner and basically asked for the fight to be stopped. the doc nor the ref saw it fit to go to the corner on their own...so they went off of what garcia said and asked for? seemed kind of suspect to me. also...mikey himself said he could have continued.

+Quote Post
Juice
post Jan 23 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,298

Robert Garcia is well within his own right to alert the referee, and ring doctor that his fighter has sustained a broken nose. It was a head butt, not a punch guys. The doctor CHOSE to end the fight. That is his job.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 23 2013, 10:27 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I had no problem with the stoppage. He was killing Salido and he broke his nose. Why continue? Sure, Salido may have made one of his patented gutsy comebacks but that shouldn't be of any concern for the Garcia corner. I was more concerned with the fact that Salido is starting to look like Eric Morales now. An old guy (even though he's fairly young still) who can only look good against young guys who want to brawl and "out-tough" him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 23 2013, 11:27 AM) *
I had no problem with the stoppage. He was killing Salido and he broke his nose. Why continue? Sure, Salido may have made one of his patented gutsy comebacks but that shouldn't be of any concern for the Garcia corner. I was more concerned with the fact that Salido is starting to look like Eric Morales now. An old guy (even though he's fairly young still) who can only look good against young guys who want to brawl and "out-tough" him.

i thought salido was coming on before mikey's nose was broken and was denied a chance to keep his title. i get what u are saying and if i was in their shoes i probably would have done the same. i just found it odd that the doc was in salido's corner looking for a reason to stop the fight then the break ends and he's called to garcias corner? seemed suspect to me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 06:57 AM