IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boo Hoo for Pacquiao. Big deal. What about Molina? Abril?, Atlas sets the record straight...
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12718.html

Great article by Percy (with Teddy Atlas) about the Pacquiao outcry that people are losing sleep over. Gotta love Atlas, and we'll probably be seeing him on FNF forever, due to his brutal honesty that Im sure the mainstream networks (more so HBO) wouldn't be able to handle.

He talks about how people are going to extreme lengths to justify the Pacquiao robbery, and how it's unfair for guys like Abril and Molina, who were robbed of proceeding paydays because of the political bullshit in boxing.

In so many words, he basically told people to either get over it, or treat everyone's robbery with the same urgency and intent. Richard Abril will probably never get another big payday due to being setback in the Rios fight. What about all of that hard work that Molina put in, just for the ref to DQ him because his corner approached the ring "too early".

Man Atlas put it out there...speaking about how in boxing, there's no separation between the money and the people. In easier terms, no way the officials should be so close to promoters and such. What about those officials who get wined & dined before big fights? $3k-$5k dinners for the officials...paid for by the promoters? Yep..he went there.

Guys like Abril and Molina dont have multi-million dollar paydays lined up for them, so a robbery sets them waaaaay back...unlike Mr. Simpleton, who the world tends to make a big deal about.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 25 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Sure its a bitch, but either way it happened want out going to take someone big to be affected to make serious changes? Out at least people asking for changes. Like when Mayweather kept raving on about OSDT. Well now boxing will soon change for the better we all hope. While I get Teddies point of view, who else was going to realistically get this type of uproar going. If Mayweather was the one who got robbed the public would be throwing a parade for his opponent...

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 25 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

People act like its the greatest robbery of all time, especially coming from pactards. You can't convince most of them, because they're just dumb.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I would hate to be on the receiving end of a robbery...especially in Abril and Molina's case. As Teddy said, they will have to endure thousands of punches JUST to get back in that spot one day, and even that isn't guaranteed.

Guys like Manny, can afford such shenanigans, because he's bound to make more million dollar paydays on the strength of his name alone. Molina and Abril more than likely received chump change for their troubles.

Anyhow, if officials are being treated like royalty at the expense of promoters, then there should be no secret why the events of these cards are predetermined.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

didn't read the article....but again...this fight was not a robbery in my eyes. it was close. i agree...where was the outcry for abril, molina and jmm!?

teddy is great for the sport. he educates the viewers. sometimes he's off....but most times he's on.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 25 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2012, 11:52 AM) *
didn't read the article....but again...this fight was not a robbery in my eyes. it was close. i agree...where was the outcry for abril, molina and jmm!?

teddy is great for the sport. he educates the viewers. sometimes he's off....but most times he's on.

He's a much better writer than oral talker. As a talker Teddy comes across as an arrogant, egotistical, pompous ass. He doesn't even give rounds less than 10-8 on multiple knockdowns for some bullshit reasons I have never thought out. As a writer though, it is better to read what he has to say than listen to what he has to say. He does make good points a lot of times, and would certainly NOT fit into the "YES MAN" pom-pom shaking with Lamply and Steward at HBO! And in that sense, Teddy's arrogance is a great thing! Could you imagine him and Lamps at HBO?! Would never work! I will check out the article. Thanks for posting!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 25 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

What about campillo. He only lost like one round the whole fight and still got jobbed

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jun 25 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Im not going to dwell on the fight rather than Teddy's brilliance. I enjoy reading his articles, and listening to his brutal honesty.

His overall experience working in the sport gives him the edge..

I believe he is just what the spoet needs as far as a voice goes..

In short, id much rather see 'fight game' with him than lampley..

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Good lookin' out Check, I totally forgot about Campillo for some odd reason. Poor guy, he was robbed of a chance at bigger fights by Cloud, of all people. Well, Texas and Don King were the culprits, but Im sure Cloud will have his hands full with Pascal.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

forgot about campillo. poor dude. showtime could do something about robberies like those....they can keep the fighter off their network until they rematch to settle things.

i'd much rather watch a show with atlas than lamps.

anyone else find it hilarious that lampley is throwing a punch in the opening of the show? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) fag.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:33 AM