IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

mgrover
post Apr 15 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #191

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 15 2013, 01:17 PM) *
I HAD NO IDEA! Shane had to do extra testing while Manny did not! That's insane.

Am still waiting on source for this. I know Roach asked for it but did it go through??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 16 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #192

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I don't know how else to explain this, but right now, for some reason, I see Canelo winning this fight.

I think it will be a close fight, but the problem is this: Trout doesn't seem to have much power.

In Canelo's fight against Mosley, he got hit with some straight up bombs and walked right through them.

Austin Trout Boxrec Profile

Since 2007, Trout has fought 19 times. Of those 19 opponents, he's stopped 7 guys.

Here are the records of the guys he has stopped:

Raul Munoz (19-9), Nelson Estupinan (13-5), Roderick McGary (1-0), Steve Verdin (8-38), Bradley Thompson (15-13), Martin Avila (9-4), Frank LaPorto (15-4)

Of these fighters, I think it's safe to say that 5 of the fighters were pretty much bums (Munoz, McGary, Verdin, Thompson and Avila). The other 2 also have journeyman records at best.

This is troubling if you're considering betting on Trout.

Now, why is power important ? Well, it's important because Trout won't get the credit he deserves for landed punches unless you can visibly see Canelo's head snapping back. Now while Canelo is no Pernell Whitaker, he does have fairly solid defense. He will get hit in this fight, but as demonstrated in the Mosley fight, I think he has what it takes to walk through clean shots from Trout.

We all know what happens when a guy relentless stalks an opponent for 12 rounds, walking through punches and also happening to be the more marketable fighter.

Canelo by Decision.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2013, 09:00 AM
Post #193

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 15 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Am still waiting on source for this. I know Roach asked for it but did it go through??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/544082-...ao-mosley-fight

You're right, Roach did request those random tests, but the real question is, did it go through on Manny's end? Remember, this is the same guy who declined random testing for the biggest payday of his career, so I dont see him doing anything special to fight a shot Mosley. Im just sayin

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #194

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Is it the 20th yet??? Sheesh

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 16 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #195

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Robbery of the century. I am so pessimistic about this fight that I honestly do not even want to watch it. I get sick thinking about it. If the scoring for Donaire and Rigondeaux was close what do you think will happen against Trout and Saul?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 16 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #196

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 16 2013, 05:21 PM) *
Robbery of the century. I am so pessimistic about this fight that I honestly do not even want to watch it. I get sick thinking about it. If the scoring for Donaire and Rigondeaux was close what do you think will happen against Trout and Saul?

Am hoping it'll be decisive, I don't expect Trout to stop Canelo but I think he could outclass him

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #197

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

after last weekends fight...and rigondeaux getting the win he deserved....i'm feeling optimistic about the trout/canelo fight.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 16 2013, 11:57 PM
Post #198

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 16 2013, 06:11 AM) *
I don't know how else to explain this, but right now, for some reason, I see Canelo winning this fight.

I think it will be a close fight, but the problem is this: Trout doesn't seem to have much power.

In Canelo's fight against Mosley, he got hit with some straight up bombs and walked right through them.

Austin Trout Boxrec Profile

Since 2007, Trout has fought 19 times. Of those 19 opponents, he's stopped 7 guys.

Here are the records of the guys he has stopped:

Raul Munoz (19-9), Nelson Estupinan (13-5), Roderick McGary (1-0), Steve Verdin (8-38), Bradley Thompson (15-13), Martin Avila (9-4), Frank LaPorto (15-4)

Of these fighters, I think it's safe to say that 5 of the fighters were pretty much bums (Munoz, McGary, Verdin, Thompson and Avila). The other 2 also have journeyman records at best.

This is troubling if you're considering betting on Trout.

Now, why is power important ? Well, it's important because Trout won't get the credit he deserves for landed punches unless you can visibly see Canelo's head snapping back. Now while Canelo is no Pernell Whitaker, he does have fairly solid defense. He will get hit in this fight, but as demonstrated in the Mosley fight, I think he has what it takes to walk through clean shots from Trout.

We all know what happens when a guy relentless stalks an opponent for 12 rounds, walking through punches and also happening to be the more marketable fighter.

Canelo by Decision.

I hear you Max, but I think you're forgetting one important element...Mosley is truly a 147-pounder. Austin Trout is a true Junior Middleweight. Strangely (tongue in cheek here) enough, Canelo hasn't been fighting any '54-pounders, so I have a feeling it's Canelo who will feel the power differential.

My money's on Trout all the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 01:37 PM) *
after last weekends fight...and rigondeaux getting the win he deserved....i'm feeling optimistic about the trout/canelo fight.

I think we're due to see another outclassing, Prof! #TroutNation =)

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 17 2013, 06:35 AM
Post #199

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I think that in a perfect world, with fair scoring, Trout should win comfortably.

In the world we live in though ?

Well...things might turn out a little different. You and I both know why.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #200

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 16 2013, 07:11 AM) *

Good stuff, but let's be honest here, how much pop did Shane have at 154? Im speaking of the times that he could actually pull the trigger. Another thing that you have to consider is the fact that Canelo hit Shane with everything but the kitchen sink, and Shane wouldn't go down.

As for Trout, if he truly "steps on the gas" here (as he mentioned), then he could go for the knockout. Cintron was shot and still able to land some decent shots on Canelo before he allowed himself to fold...its always one thing or another with that Cintron guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let's not forget about the reach advantage that Trout has, which is a 3 inch advantage (26 inch reach over Canelo's 23 inch reach). The question is, will Trout utilize it, or will his feelings of wanting to hurt Canelo, actually hinder him?

I think Trout shook off all of the big fight jitters in the Cotto fight. I believe he'll perform even better in this fight.

Problem is, the majority of us hate Canelo, so I can actually see him pulling off an upset, for that reason alone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:32 PM