IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ali Bashir Spits the Real...., Spits the real shit about these fighters and their trainers...
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13672.html

I love to hear what trainers have to say about other fighters and their corners...this interview is spot on! Bashir talks about Banks's won over Seth Mitchell, and how Mitchell's fight game is flawed, as well as his corner. Good stuff.

He also went into to detail about Berto's career, that ugly shoulder roll, that weak game plan, and his corner...which I found very interesting. We haven't heard much from Berto or his people since the fight, and Bashir made a GREAT point about him simply needing to fire the whole freakin' squad of ass clowns who are ruining him.

Good read!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 28 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

Mitchell should have known better than to have Uncle Phil form Fresh Prince in his corner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 28 2012, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 28 2012, 10:18 AM) *
Mitchell should have known better than to have Uncle Phil form Fresh Prince in his corner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I already the great amount of disdain that you have towards hometown trainers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Well it's typical stuff in the business, like failed strategies/opportunities. Fighters like Berto and Mitchell are just a classic case of promoted/hyped up fighters who don't have it. Trainers can make a difference, but honestly, for most fighters it won't make a big difference, if any at all.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Well it's typical stuff in the business, like failed strategies/opportunities. Fighters like Berto and Mitchell are just a classic case of promoted/hyped up fighters who don't have it. Trainers can make a difference, but honestly, for most fighters it won't make a big difference, if any at all.

do u think great fighters happen by accident? do u think it's coincidence that certain trainers continuously have success with different fighters? great fighters are not born knowing all this stuff. it's great teachers/trainers and it's attention to details that separate the good from the great. berto and mitchell both have great potential and are clearly athletes. what's missing is the expertise in the corners and in the gym.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Nov 28 2012, 01:49 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 01:25 PM) *

I agree with the failed strategies/opportunities...it happens. Honestly, I'm tired of the whole football player-turned- boxer mess as well (in Seth's case), but I'd be lying if I said that he isn't a reason that my interest is gravitating back to HW boxing.

He and Berto are limited in some areas...my belief is that Seth is limited, and Berto knows more, but chooses not to utilize it for some odd reason (like Maidana). One thing's for sure, ALL fighters are offensive and would LOVE to be the one landing the punches, and not the guy on the receiving end.

Anyhow, ANYBODY can focus just on offense, but brush defense off. Besides, how much defense do you truly need, if you're the one punching/knocking out everyone in front of you? Berto and Mitchell need to learn some defense and be taught more ring intelligence. It's painfully obvious that neither of them are comfortable in every inch of the ring.

Their chins are the probably, but learning defense and ring intelligence can keep them out of the Glass Chin Squad until further notice.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 28 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I agree with the failed strategies/opportunities...it happens. Honestly, I'm tired of the whole football player-turned- boxer mess as well (in Seth's case), but I'd be lying if I said that he isn't a reason that my interest is gravitating back to HW boxing.

He and Berto are limited in some areas...my belief is that Seth is limited, and Berto knows more, but chooses not to utilize it for some odd reason (like Maidana). One thing's for sure, ALL fighters are offensive and would LOVE to be the one landing the punches, and not the guy on the receiving end.

Anyhow, ANYBODY can focus just on offense, but brush defense off. Besides, how much defense do you truly need, if you're the one punching/knocking out everyone in front of you? Berto and Mitchell need to learn some defense and be taught more ring intelligence. It's painfully obvious that neither of them are comfortable in every inch of the ring.

Their chins are the probably, but learning defense and ring intelligence can keep them out of the Glass Chin Squad until further notice.

don't give up just yet. there are two ex-football players on the horizon who i believe will be making serious noise in the future. dominic brazealle and gerald washington. dominic was a quarterback for colorado and gerald played for usc. these guys are serious students of the game and have been developing well imo. give them a couple of years...and they both will be threats. they're both 6'5-6'6 and about 230-250. very athletic boxers.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 28 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 01:48 PM) *
do u think great fighters happen by accident? do u think it's coincidence that certain trainers continuously have success with different fighters? great fighters are not born knowing all this stuff. it's great teachers/trainers and it's attention to details that separate the good from the great. berto and mitchell both have great potential and are clearly athletes. what's missing is the expertise in the corners and in the gym.

What about berto's chin and balance? The KD's didn't come from power punches, he needs a lot of work. At what stage is it too late for a fighter to change old habits?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 02:03 PM) *
don't give up just yet. there are two ex-football players on the horizon who i believe will be making serious noise in the future. dominic brazealle and gerald washington. dominic was a quarterback for colorado and gerald played for usc. these guys are serious students of the game and have been developing well imo. give them a couple of years...and they both will be threats. they're both 6'5-6'6 and about 230-250. very athletic boxers.

What ever happened to that cat that played for the Ravens? Last i heard of him, was on that crappy Cotto/Mayorga undercard that I bought. He was pretty good, but got busted with weed, and I haven't heard much from him since.

I think I have my reservations about the ex-football player stuff, because of the whole muscle factor. As we all know, muscles are oxygen eaters, and these dudes had to have enough muscle to compete on the football field, so them fairing well in boxing has always been a bit edgy to me. Just my thoughts though.

As for Berto, dude has NO LEGS. As soon as he gets backed onto the ropes, you can forget it. Dude's feet were off the canvas all night was week...dude was a ballerina on his tippy toes all night. Looks like him and Guerrero dancing at a prom at one point...Berto's feet were all over the place. Lol

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 01:48 PM) *

I was mainly making my statement on the subject of switching trainers. Trainers can make a merit of difference, but most of any potential is based on the fighter. That shouldn't even be doubtful, the fact that most trainers have different fighters who are all of different potential pretty much confirms this.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 03:56 PM