> The Dream match, what if?
BigDDatHomey
post Jan 31 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #11

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 31 2014, 08:51 PM) *
nice OP and list. some of these might be on the edge of going too far back, but to add to the list:

andre ward v. joe calzaghe @168
mikey garcia v. diego corrales @130
shane mosley v. danny garcia @140
shane mosley v. ruslan @140
ricky hatton v. lucas matthyse @140
ODLH v. bradley @147

How quickly we forget..Mosely walks through Garcia in his prime...that's would have been a tune up for Mosely in his prime.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Feb 1 2014, 04:03 AM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Feb 1 2014, 03:36 AM) *
Wait what?

Is that RJJ as in Roy Jones Jr vs. Ward? Serious? That's like FMJ vs. Ghatti
RJJ does the chicken dance around Ward, a moonwalk, Michael Jackson spin, Chris Brown Rianna slap, says Heee Heee and beats the Eva lovin piss out of Ward

Never! Andre Ward would give RJJ a tough fight and a very close one

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 1 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jan 31 2014, 10:36 PM) *
Wait what?

Is that RJJ as in Roy Jones Jr vs. Ward? Serious? That's like FMJ vs. Ghatti
RJJ does the chicken dance around Ward, a moonwalk, Michael Jackson spin, Chris Brown Rianna slap, says Heee Heee and beats the Eva lovin piss out of Ward

i think andre's timing would counter jones speed. Andre has a very powerful and quick smacking jab. He could throw that right into Jones face every time he tries to jump in with a check hook or right hand. You gotta remember that Jones was dancing around those guys like that because he was good, and because a lot of them were washed up laundromat workers and part time cab drivers. I wouldnt count SOG out that easily, i could probably see jones jr winning the fight, but not by KO, and not without having a swollen right eye from sneak hooks and power jabs.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 1 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 31 2014, 08:51 PM) *
nice OP and list. some of these might be on the edge of going too far back, but to add to the list:

andre ward v. joe calzaghe @168
mikey garcia v. diego corrales @130
shane mosley v. danny garcia @140
shane mosley v. ruslan @140
ricky hatton v. lucas matthyse @140
ODLH v. bradley @147

hatton vs mathysse would be very very awesome indeed. Ricky fighting his way inside trying to rough mathysse body up, i could see him dropping lucas with a vicious body shot. I could also see ricky's head smack backward from a snappy straight right hand as he tries to lunge in on mathysse from the outside. you kno ricky love to bum rush the pocket and try to bully you into the ropes or corner, so that ould provide lucas mathysse with some great opportunities to blast his mangled british face as he comes in. I see that going similar to the pacquiao fight. somebody also mentioned pacman vs valero at 135?

great choice, both southpaws with dynamite in their lefts, and both are brawlers. they were sparring partners bakc in 2005 as well. As far as pacquiao sparring partners go, i think mikey garcia and ruslan provodnikov would have made excellent opponents for edwin valero,

mikey garcia vs edwin valero at 135
ruislan provodnikov at 140

I would also have loved to see:

shane mosley vs adrien broner at 135.
trinidad vs margarito at 147
winky wright vs erislandy lara at 154
james kirkland vs paul williams at 154

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 1 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #15

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jan 31 2014, 11:44 PM) *
How quickly we forget..Mosely walks through Garcia in his prime...that's would have been a tune up for Mosely in his prime.

i picked the two mosley fights because i think they'd be exciting match-ups. garcia has a monster chin, and mosley would've taken it to him for sure, but i wouldnt forget about danny's power either. shane vs. ruslan is a no brainer, but again you have someone like ruslan with enormous heart that keeps coming forward, and this could make for a solid fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 3 2014, 06:44 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

So I caught a glimpse of Rocky II on tv, and guessed who was sparring Rocky surprised I didn't notice all this time but we sure would know who would win between Rocky and Roberto Duran (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 4 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 3 2014, 07:44 AM) *
So I caught a glimpse of Rocky II on tv, and guessed who was sparring Rocky surprised I didn't notice all this time but we sure would know who would win between Rocky and Roberto Duran (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

damn never knew

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:24 AM