IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO will no longer do Business with Golden Boy!?
Hotsauce
post Mar 19 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

50 putting 40 mill on the table for broner?

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Mar 19 2013, 01:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2013, 01:51 AM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Lemme just say, I in no way believe Broner would do any business with 50 cent as far as him promoting him. He's too unproven and FNF cards aint gon do it for a main event attraction like Broner. GB and Haymon have taken a hit, how big is not yet known but a hit nonetheless. But they still wield some influence in the biz and their stable of fighters is pretty deep

As far as who comes out the winner-loser here will just have to wait to be decided. IMO both will see some damaging effects....GB no longer has the budget of a HBO and that makes me wonder how that will effect them at contract time with their fighters. If they put on compelling fights that the viewers are intrigued by then that will go along way. But the bottom line is Showtime needs the subscribers to really go at HBO

I think that recently, especially last year, that Showtime had the better overall quality of matches. This is good for Showtime because they have a little more leverage now in terms of future fights. Just looking at Showtime right now they have Mayweather, Broner, Canelo, Khan, etc. That's not a bad lineup, my concern is the limited budget of Showtime. And let's face it, HBO know how to build boxers into attractions or even stars...look how they sold that lemon, Berto to us for all these yrs

HBO will be hurt because their essentially out of the 140-154lb business. And even though they seem to insinuate that they want better fights, I think we know they're counting on Arum and TR to deliver for them now. Which is a 50-50 proposition for them because he easily gets butt hurt about the dumbest things. But this also opens up Dibella and Shaw and Goosen on board. They have some fighters on the verge of breakthrough stardom, i.e. Andre Ward, and we all know Dibella has done some great things for HBO in the past. All in all both companies will be fine and I suspect they'll do business down the road

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2013, 02:09 AM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm seeing comments all over the place about people saying they're going to dump HBO and pick up Showtime. Shit getting real out here lol

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 19 2013, 02:09 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 19 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 18 2013, 11:19 PM) *
50 putting 40 mill on the table for broner?

He offered 40 million for 3 years or something. I doubt Broner would betray his big brother.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:28 AM) *
Good List!

I would prefer someone like Tim Ryan over Bob Poppa. I find Bob boring.

I would dump Punch Stat.

Love the No Commentary option! At least try this as an experiment.

Max is trying to be like Merchant, he's such a clone.

Lamply should leave HBO and take up cheerleading which he is better at than commentating! He was good fifteen years ago, now just a shrill for the HBO Contracted fighter..

Steve Weisfeld is not needed. Why is he there?

Get fights on a fight by fight basis that will produce the best action, most two-sided contests.

No more promotional monopolies;

Get Lou Dibella back in charge of your Boxing Department who ran the Boxing After Dark Show with some of the best action fights from the mid 90's to early 2000's that the sport has ever seen.

Less PPV's. Too many PPV's drive people away from the sport.

Jack

tim ryan? not familiar with him.

i forgot about punch stat! yes...please get rid of them.

max is definitely merchant jr these days.

steve weisfeld?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 19 2013, 01:28 AM) *
HBO just don't like the sour taste of the grapes of losing FMJr has left behind on their table, not to mention that Broner and the rest of the GBP camp will be taking their talent pool with him so they can all cash in on the Money May Lottery over at Showtime boxing.

Oscar isn't stupid, he knows that a vast talent pool is going to want to fight on the Showtime network now that Floyd has moved there. If HBO was smart they would've bidded a little higher to keep Floyd because that would mean that they'll be able to keep Broner there too (he will be the next Cashcow).

I'm glad Floyd left HBO because all they did was tear him down and honestly he was bringing them their bread and butter when all they did was spit on him at the dinner table no matter who he beat.

yes he is. schaeffer and haymon are the brains of that outfit.

there was no bid...floyd was never signed to hbo. hbo hasn't signed a fighter in a while.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 02:51 AM) *
And even though they seem to insinuate that they want better fights, I think we know they're counting on Arum and TR to deliver for them now. Which is a 50-50 proposition for them because he easily gets butt hurt about the dumbest things. But this also opens up Dibella and Shaw and Goosen on board. They have some fighters on the verge of breakthrough stardom, i.e. Andre Ward, and we all know Dibella has done some great things for HBO in the past. All in all both companies will be fine and I suspect they'll do business down the road

I have to translate our post Chi..."Arum will now be the monopoly promoter for HBO". Regardless of how touchy Arum can get with HBO over petty stuff, this is an open invitation for him to run ship.

Now that he pretty much KNOWS that HBO will need him, he almost has the green light to do what he pleases. Regardless of how much I loathe him, when he's good and ready, he puts together some pretty decent cards.

The problem with Goosen and DiBella's promotional companies/fighters, is that they're always on the B-side of things. In their fighters' biggest fights, they've needed to be across the ring from a TR fighter. Besides, when Goosen's fighters have a fight, they usually go under the radar, and we never see much promotion for the fight, until the fight actually happens.

Ward almost landed a showcase bout against Pavlik before it fell apart, and Sergio JUST got the biggest fight of his career, which was couple by the likes of Bob Arum and Chavez. I've seen a few DiBella cards, and most of them can be seen on FNFs, not necessarily premium channels. Dont get me wrong, the fights were god, but it did lack that premium channel quality. As far as I'm concerned, Goosen, DiBella, and Shaw, simply get their fighters tv deals, and don't actually "promote" the guys to their full potential.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 03:09 AM) *
I'm seeing comments all over the place about people saying they're going to dump HBO and pick up Showtime. Shit getting real out here lol

What tha muthafuu-....really?! Screw that, I still need to see True Blood, Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm...just to name a few. There's nothing like a Sunday night line-up of great tv, and hell, I enjoy those Sunday night line-ups on Showtime as well. I have both...some of these folks out here are some reeeeal sheep.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 02:18 PM) *
I have to translate our post Chi..."Arum will now be the monopoly promoter for HBO". Regardless of how touchy Arum can get with HBO over petty stuff, this is an open invitation for him to run ship.

Now that he pretty much KNOWS that HBO will need him, he almost has the green light to do what he pleases. Regardless of how much I loathe him, when he's good and ready, he puts together some pretty decent cards.

The problem with Goosen and DiBella's promotional companies/fighters, is that they're always on the B-side of things. In their fighters' biggest fights, they've needed to be across the ring from a TR fighter. Besides, when Goosen's fighters have a fight, they usually go under the radar, and we never see much promotion for the fight, until the fight actually happens.

Ward almost landed a showcase bout against Pavlik before it fell apart, and Sergio JUST got the biggest fight of his career, which was couple by the likes of Bob Arum and Chavez. I've seen a few DiBella cards, and most of them can be seen on FNFs, not necessarily premium channels. Dont get me wrong, the fights were god, but it did lack that premium channel quality. As far as I'm concerned, Goosen, DiBella, and Shaw, simply get their fighters tv deals, and don't actually "promote" the guys to their full potential.

What tha muthafuu-....really?! Screw that, I still need to see True Blood, Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm...just to name a few. There's nothing like a Sunday night line-up of great tv, and hell, I enjoy those Sunday night line-ups on Showtime as well. I have both...some of these folks out here are some reeeeal sheep.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

treme and game of thrones....other than that...showtime is holding it down on sundays.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

ross greenburg is now with showtime!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this is too damn funny. fuck hbo. fuck arum.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 19 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 10:36 AM) *
treme and game of thrones....other than that...showtime is holding it down on sundays.

Shameless is my shit!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:56 PM