> Adrien Broner
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 31 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #21

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 03:55 AM) *
Man that's a sorry ass excuse and I'm sick of people using that shit. Many athletes take their sport serious and "party" as you and other detractors say. Broner is a walking publicity stunt much the same way Mayweather is. I find it so funny how it's so many smart dumb people walking around who don't see that. He copied the whole style, the whole damn thing but many choose to ignore it much the way you chose to glance over the fact that I brought up arguably the best athlete in the world in Lebron who gets it all the way in. Shit, Dwayne Wade be killing the club scene. Danny Garcia pops has to run behind him when he in the club because he likes to be seen and party according to his pops. Where's the thread or outcry over what he's doing?

It ain't nothing but hypocrisy and like I said that shit you and others spitting is a myth. Everybody not the same, people's bodies respond differently. Me personally, I'm a night owl but some of my college teammates couldn't hang. I'd be with a select few like me and club hard and we'd get up hours later and go practice or go to our track meet and kill the competition. Now some of my teammates knew that they weren't like that. So they didn't do it. An athletes regimen is their own. It you can deal with it then that's fine but if you struggle with it then that's a problem and he like Danny, has shown no signs of having a issue with it. So there's no need to even keep bringing this myth up

If he loses it ain't gon have shit to do with nothing you talking about, his defensive liabilities are his biggest issue. Gain Rees, i think that's his name, was touching Adrien and I believe Adrien gets hit with shots he actually shouldn't get hit with. When you getting punched in the face I think you take it serious enough. He actually has more in ring issues to fix then out but people so stuck on stuff that's not there they can't see past the things they putting out

Obviously you're not high on Broner but nonetheless it's a blueprint that we all know that Floyd used to get bigger pay days and boost his image. The casuals was not supporting Floyd when he was considered classy, respectful and humble when he was younger plus more aggressive. Broner is doing the smart thing unfortunately his likability as a person will drop. If more people actually understood and appreciate the sweet science then boxers like Ward, Broner, and Floyd wouldn't have to step out of their comfort zone just to sell fights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 31 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #22

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 03:55 AM) *
Man that's a sorry ass excuse and I'm sick of people using that shit. Many athletes take their sport serious and "party" as you and other detractors say. Broner is a walking publicity stunt much the same way Mayweather is. I find it so funny how it's so many smart dumb people walking around who don't see that. He copied the whole style, the whole damn thing but many choose to ignore it much the way you chose to glance over the fact that I brought up arguably the best athlete in the world in Lebron who gets it all the way in. Shit, Dwayne Wade be killing the club scene. Danny Garcia pops has to run behind him when he in the club because he likes to be seen and party according to his pops. Where's the thread or outcry over what he's doing?

It ain't nothing but hypocrisy and like I said that shit you and others spitting is a myth. Everybody not the same, people's bodies respond differently. Me personally, I'm a night owl but some of my college teammates couldn't hang. I'd be with a select few like me and club hard and we'd get up hours later and go practice or go to our track meet and kill the competition. Now some of my teammates knew that they weren't like that. So they didn't do it. An athletes regimen is their own. It you can deal with it then that's fine but if you struggle with it then that's a problem and he like Danny, has shown no signs of having a issue with it. So there's no need to even keep bringing this myth up

If he loses it ain't gon have shit to do with nothing you talking about, his defensive liabilities are his biggest issue. Gain Rees, i think that's his name, was touching Adrien and I believe Adrien gets hit with shots he actually shouldn't get hit with. When you getting punched in the face I think you take it serious enough. He actually has more in ring issues to fix then out but people so stuck on stuff that's not there they can't see past the things they putting out

Obviously you're not high on Broner but nonetheless it's a blueprint that we all know that Floyd used to get bigger pay days and boost his image. The casuals was not supporting Floyd when he was considered classy, respectful and humble when he was younger plus more aggressive. Broner is doing the smart thing unfortunately his likability as a person will drop. If more people actually understood and appreciate the sweet science then boxers like Ward, Broner, and Floyd wouldn't have to step out of their comfort zone just to sell fights.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 02:02 PM) *
I think you should've stayed out of it because you don't even know wtf your disagreeing with lol. When I said pr stunt in meant the way they go about their boxing careers. First floyd said it's may per view and then this dude said that dumb ass shit about AB view lmao. Or when they do interviews. You can never taken either one seriously because they so full of shit you don't know if they're telling the truth. Broner copied Floyd's whole shtick and it's working

I know about appearances chief so no need to explain that but what you forgetting is the fact that Adrien is only 23. He's still a kid in a way. This is why I say it's hypocrisy. I mentioned Danny Garcia who frequents clubs on the regular but we still talking about what Adrien doing. Some of yall lying if you say you weren't doing the same thing at his age and you a damn liar if you think Mayweather wasn't in the club heavy when he was his age. Constantly going out to those types of venues takes a toll too. I don't drink or smoke either as I find it rather disgusting but to each his own. For any athlete I wouldn't advise it but if you dumb enough to do it that's on you

Broner does appearances too. Showtime just sponsored some party for him last week that's supposed to be apart of an all access they doing on him or the fight. All athletes do appearances but those things can catch up to you so that's a moot point. Never mind the fact that the dude was on the biggest tour of the summer as far as hip hop and he was getting paid even though he can't rap for shit. Never mind the fact that he's been in training camp for almost a month and training period since early September. Idk if it's jealousy, hate or just plain stupidity but the things you and others are spewing is pure bs. The kid is 23, some of yall older and still fuck up. I bet if we was to post pics it would be a lot of outta shape dudes on here lol. It's plenty of boxers who do the same yet the focus is only on this young man. Everybody a hypocrite about something but damn not usually this obvious

I'll let yall have this one, but I will pose the mighty question...just how long are we gonna use his age as an excuse for some of the things that he does? I agree with what you said about people being older than him, and STILL fucking up, but at some point, we all have to be accountable for what we do. I wouldn't doubt in my mind that some/most of these fighters/athletes do the same stuff that he does, but the publicizing issue, is what I believe, truly makes people scratch their heads.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 31 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 30 2013, 03:42 PM) *
How many threads do we need of this same stale ass topic? Like seriously? People need to quit with this shit, no pro athlete does their sport 24/7, everyone needs a break. Stop watching them sensationalized ESPN 30 for 30's and wakeup....Now I agree that he won't go undefeated, I've said as much before but to think it's because he doesn't train or work hard is beyond comprehension. You don't get to the level he's at without training and working hard. None of his detractors have been anywhere near his camp

It's sad people feel the need to make this dumbass claims based off assumptions yet ignore history. Clay/Ali, Tyson, Hearns, SRL, let's fast forward to present day..Mayweather still parties. Sure he doesn't smoke or drink but he's still out. Danny Garcia does it. His pops recently did an interview saying he has to rein him in from that stuff. But I don't see no threads about that. Hypocrisy at it's best. If Danny loses is it because he was doing x,y, and z? Maybe just maybe the other guy was better then him. That's a built in excuse, first Maidana might KO him but if he doesn't how long will it b e til he loses? lol stupid stuff.

The effect Broner wanted has worked, the same thing that haters do to Mayweather, haters are doing to Broner. And it all means one thing....$$. I think if and when Adrien loses it's probably going to be someone whose just has his number. Is that guy Maidana? It could be but I don't believe so and I'll tell you why. He's slow footed and he's slow period. Robert Garcia has done some good work with him, making him work the jab and be patient without going for the kill. But Maidana is who he is. You can see his punches coming a mile away. And the body don't lie, Broner hits hard too, and we've seen this man get dropped from body shots. I think Broner will go undefeated for quite some time, we will see what he has when that athleticism starts to slip. His ring IQ is underrated imo

word. let that boy cook.

people forget that srl was partying with magic, arsenio hall, johnny gill in the 80's having orgies in those mansion parties.

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Oct 31 2013, 08:10 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 31 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 02:55 AM) *

didn't Jordan go out a night before a playoff game?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 31 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 31 2013, 02:42 PM) *
word. let that boy cook.

people forget that srl was partying with magic, arsenio hall, johnny gill in the 80's having orgies in those manision parties.

Now they were cookin...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 31 2013, 02:50 PM) *
didn't Jordan go out a night before a playoff game?

Hell yeah he did, many times. Look at what Rodman did and he was out literally every night. Drinking smoking and screwing chick's. that whole lifestyle thing as it pertains to being social is a myth and I hate when people use it. Every athlete is different from the next

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 31 2013, 02:42 PM) *
word. let that boy cook.

people forget that srl was partying with magic, arsenio hall, johnny gill in the 80's having orgies in those manision parties.

I forgot about that too, SRZL was doing his thing and building his legacy one fight at a time in the process

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 31 2013, 01:43 PM) *

This is true, I feel like fighters like Ward and Floyd had to step out of who they really are in order to drum up interest. But Broner just does it, in that regard I feel that's a problem that needs correcting. Yes entertaining but I think because of his sense of humor and he does have that IT factor he can go about it a different way. I think with him, he digs himself in holes with the public because as we all know perception is reality. And he makes it appear as if he doesn't train or take the sport seriously but they is far from the truth

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 01:26 PM) *
Actually it's YOU who is mistaken because I didn't say anything about him going clubbing. I simply disagreed with the fact that they go out in the same way. Yes, I did go out to clubs when I was younger. And yes I am out of shape. Last time I checked, I work in an office. I'm not trying to be a prize fighter. Not exactly getting where you are going with this. And no...I've never smoked a day in my life (especially when I was an athlete) You should watch your words before you call someone stupid, a hater or jealous. Nevr once did I say Floyd doesn't club heavy. He was in my area clubbing the other day (as I mentioned before). A club is a building. It's what you're doing in the club that is the difference. I simply said him clubbing and Floyd clubbing is different because he's smoking trees, drinking and out of shape. Danny Garcia too. The reason I mentioned Adrien Broner....hmm. Let's see. For starters. The thread's topic is...Adrien Broner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) Anyway, continue. As you said, I will "let him cook." I actually think Adrien Broner is a good fighter. I don't hate on him at all so I don't know where all this "jealousy and hatred" you speak of is coming from. I just think he seems a bit out of focus. As is Danny Garcia at times. Your father should never have to babysit your actions as an adult. Especially if you are a world champion.

You feeling some type of way when I responded to you but I didn't say You were a hater or jealous but my overall opinion of then people who rail against the kid are doing the same thing that's done to Mayweather. They're jealous and seem to lack the intelligence to see what's going on. I'd watch my words if I said something that was wrong but I didn't so I'm a keep the words the way they are. Politicians watch they words and I ain't running for office.

When in brought up why we keep talking about this it's because wits other athletes who do the same shit and many of them are in Boxing. It's too much hypocrisy. If Broner was like many would have us believe then we wouldn't be debating this topic at all. Out of these new wave of fighters I only see a few who actually can go undefeated. Ward is the leader of the new school imo. Bradley will officially lose, Broner, Danny's good but not great abilities will catch up to him. Donaire will take more L's but I think all will be this generations great crop of fighters. What Broner needs to improve on is his defense, I don't think Maidana will be the one to defeat a Adrien but I do see a KD occurring and Adrien getting up and schooling him. His ring IQ is so over looked

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:37 AM