IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30P (ET), 9:30P(CT), 7:30P (PT): Dawson vs. Pascal (SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later), No Duplicate Threads or New Spoiler Topics
JD
post Aug 14 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #11

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

Dawson is missing "it".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 14 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 12:04 AM) *
You gotta be fucking kidding me man. That's what you call exposed? Chad is a p4p talent, he just beat himself tonight. Everybody has off nights, we just saw his.

I think if there is a rematch, you will see a different Dawson but in someways he was exposed as a fighter that is unwilling to work when he has to! He is too worried about looking pretty & got out worked fairly easily tonight! So while he might not have been totally exposed, he was exposed for what he was tonight which was the lesser fighter who stayed back & threw bullshit punches til the 11th round & it cost him his zero!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 14 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #13

Amateur

QUOTE (JD @ Aug 15 2010, 12:09 AM) *
Dawson is missing "it".

Agreed, he got worked!

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 14 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #14

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Dawson is missing "it".

He was missing It tonight for sure...lol...the progression I had seen in him made me think he had this one in the bag...he obviously lacks Elite-Level consistency...

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 14 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 12:04 AM) *
You gotta be fucking kidding me man. That's what you call exposed? Chad is a p4p talent, he just beat himself tonight. Everybody has off nights, we just saw his.

P4P Talent my fucking ass. P4P Talent doesn't beat itself. Jean Pascal's style is shit too. Chad should have NEVER lost to that...but he should have because I was never all that high on him anyway. Glen Johnson beat that ass in the first go round. People were WAY too fast to anointing "Bad" Chad as the man at Lt Hvy.

As an aside, Caneman, that Upper that stopped Pascal in his tracks in the 11th was spitting image of the one Hopkins landed on Lipsey. Chad shoulda pounced and it would have been a mirror image KO.

Chad aint all that.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Aug 14 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #16

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 15 2010, 12:15 AM) *
I think if there is a rematch, you will see a different Dawson but in someways he was exposed as a fighter that is unwilling to work when he has to! He is too worried about looking pretty & got out worked fairly easily tonight! So while he might not have been totally exposed, he was exposed for what he was tonight which was the lesser fighter who stayed back & threw bullshit punches til the 11th round & it cost him his zero!

In boxing exposed is reserved for undefeated prospects who get badly beaten by a perceived lesser opponent . Chad Dawson already has quality victories over top fighters. I think we can safely assume he is a good fighter that lost. I mean he completely outclassed Adamek and showed heart to get up off the deck when he got hit with a flush right hand. "Exposed" is not the right word here, or you might as well use it whenever a fighter loses.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 14 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Dawson is missing "it".

As short and sweet as it is, this is probably the best assessment of Dawson as you can get.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 14 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #18

Amateur

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 15 2010, 12:34 AM) *
P4P Talent my fucking ass. P4P Talent doesn't beat itself. Jean Pascal's style is shit too. Chad should have NEVER lost to that...but he should have because I was never all that high on him anyway. Glen Johnson beat that ass in the first go round. People were WAY too fast to anointing "Bad" Chad as the man at Lt Hvy.

As an aside, Caneman, that Upper that stopped Pascal in his tracks in the 11th was spitting image of the one Hopkins landed on Lipsey. Chad shoulda pounced and it would have been a mirror image KO.

Chad aint all that.

It was close but imagine that, so called Bad Chad was unwilling to follow threw & close the damn show! He deserved to lose, end of story!

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 14 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 12:38 AM) *
In boxing exposed is reserved for undefeated prospects who get badly beaten by a perceived lesser opponent . Chad Dawson already has quality victories over top fighters. I think we can safely assume he is a good fighter that lost. I mean he completely outclassed Adamek and showed heart to get up off the deck when he got hit with a flush right hand. "Exposed" is not the right word here, or you might as well use it whenever a fighter loses.

When you lose to someone with that garbage bull dozing style that Pascal employs, "exposed" fits.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 14 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #20

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Lipsey was removed from his senses completely...Pascal was stunned for a second from the uppercut, but I thought he recovered well.

Either way, Bad Chad just does not have the instinct.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:08 AM