Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MEL GIBSON is ready for the boxing ring, Racism at its most virulent potency
Warlord
post Jul 11 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #41

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

(IMG:http://www.incompetentpictures.com/sitefiles/Niggar%20Family.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jul 12 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #42

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2010, 07:30 PM) *
I like your optimism but everything you say is based on speculation. We don't know what she is like, we do know what Mel Gibson is like. This isn't the first racial thing he has said. He got in trouble about blasting the jews, he is a violent alcoholic and his true colours have began to show in recent times.
How many more instances do we need to hear, before we are able to judge Gibson?

and he is also an insane jesus freak

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 13 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #43

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 10 2010, 04:39 PM) *
So what if some actor said the word "Nigger"...

Who gives a fuck, niggaz call niggers niggaz all the fuckin time. Whats the big deal?

Oh, is it cos he is white? A fuckin honky, cracker mother fucker? Man, they can't say the N word cos that's racist. Fuck that crap. Fuck it.

That's the difference. Spelled different with two different meanings. Do I say it? Nope! I frequently say Negro. Saying Nigger or Nigga wasn't tolerated in my household growing up.

A lot of people "gives a fuck" because of the intent when the word is used by different people. You said "niggaz call niggers niggaz all the time." So when you say that do you mean blacks call other blacks nigger all the time or do you mean people who's meaning of nigga is a form of brother hood? Just for the record blacks aren't the only one's who call each other niggah. Go to the Bronx and you'll hear a lot of Latino's calling each other nigga as well but I can guarantee you they don't mean coon or any other black derogatory term.

Nigger has also been associated with the term ignorant(1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.) This isn't narrowed down to one race either. Anyone can be ignorant but at the time when the word was supposedly invented it was mainly blacks who couldn't read or comprehend as well as the whites. Therefor anyone shall be able to be considered a nigger.

When someone say's nigger it has racist intent. You just said it that way but I'm a say you didn't have racist intent with it because you've never(at least I haven't seen/read it) made any racist remarks. So I'll chalk it up to you either trying to prove a point that didn't go over to well or you where just being ignortant(lacking of knowledge of the words nigga and nigger).

This post has been edited by King Eugene: Jul 13 2010, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 13 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #44

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 13 2010, 01:29 AM) *
That's the difference. Spelled different with two different meanings. Do I say it? Nope! I frequently say Negro. Saying Nigger or Nigga wasn't tolerated in my household growing up.

A lot of people "gives a fuck" because of the intent when the word is used by different people. You said "niggaz call niggers niggaz all the time." So when you say that do you mean blacks call other blacks nigger all the time or do you mean people who's meaning of nigga is a form of brother hood? Just for the record blacks aren't the only one's who call each other niggah. Go to the Bronx and you'll hear a lot of Latino's calling each other nigga as well but I can guarantee you they don't mean coon or any other black derogatory term.

Nigger has also been associated with the term ignorant(1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.) This isn't narrowed down to one race either. Anyone can be ignorant but at the time when the word was supposedly invented it was mainly blacks who couldn't read or comprehend as well as the whites. Therefor anyone shall be able to be considered a nigger.

When someone say's nigger it has racist intent. You just said it that way but I'm a say you didn't have racist intent with it because you've never(at least I haven't seen/read it) made any racist remarks. So I'll chalk it up to you either trying to prove a point that didn't go over to well or you where just being ignortant(lacking of knowledge of the words nigga and nigger).

What's going on NIGGA? Did I do that right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 13 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #45

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 13 2010, 02:24 AM) *
What's going on NIGGA? Did I do that right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/glare.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 13 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #46

Guests

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 11 2010, 06:39 AM) *
So what if some actor said the word "Nigger"...

Who gives a fuck, niggaz call niggers niggaz all the fuckin time. Whats the big deal?

Oh, is it cos he is white? A fuckin honky, cracker mother fucker? Man, they can't say the N word cos that's racist. Fuck that crap. Fuck it.

It's because it was racial. Look, I often like to play devil's advocate, but I don't know how yourself or BG could try and defend him. There is no other way to interpret

"I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers"

Mel Gibson isn't a racist because he said 'nigger'. He was racist because of the context he put it in.

He also said this last year in another drunken rant.

"Fucking Jews...the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

There is no defending him right now. Look, I can see that some people say things out of anger. I know I have said things out of anger that I would hope nobody heard me say out in public. But, with what he said, it isn't surprising people got upset, and it has nothing to do with just using the 'n' word. He didn't use it in the best context either.

I guess the other term of nigga is like Eugene said. Like brotherhood. I really doubt Mel's translation was: "I hope you get raped by some of my brothers/family".

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 13 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #47

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Mel Gibson has slipped into the "waste of jizz" category.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 13 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #48

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

I try to stay away from these threads but what Mel did was wrong..I'm a big fan of his movies but he needs to stop this shit..I was real surprised and defended him the first time with the Jew stuff but now there is no defending him..He's an idiot for saying what he said..Does this mean I don't like him as an actor anymore??No,but it's hard to respect him off the job..

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jul 13 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #49

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 13 2010, 05:41 AM) *
I try to stay away from these threads but what Mel did was wrong..I'm a big fan of his movies but he needs to stop this shit..I was real surprised and defended him the first time with the Jew stuff but now there is no defending him..He's an idiot for saying what he said..Does this mean I don't like him as an actor anymore??No,but it's hard to respect him off the job..

Sometimes I wonder about you jonny.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 13 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2010, 06:30 PM) *
I like your optimism but everything you say is based on speculation. We don't know what she is like, we do know what Mel Gibson is like. This isn't the first racial thing he has said.
How many more instances do we need to hear, before we are able to judge Gibson?

Not really....more common sense than speculation.

Does it not stand to reason that he more likely then not....gets with women that shares his views?

Judge him all you like....but knowing basic common rules of relationships....I'd not be so quick to think she is any different. I can't see a chick that really hated bigots dating and spawning with Mel Gibson.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 13 2010, 01:43 AM) *
It's because it was racial. Look, I often like to play devil's advocate, but I don't know how yourself or BG could try and defend him. There is no other way to interpret

"I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers"

Mel Gibson isn't a racist because he said 'nigger'. He was racist because of the context he put it in.

There is no defending him right now. Look, I can see that some people say things out of anger. I know I have said things out of anger that I would hope nobody heard me say out in public.

I'm not defending him. All of my posts that appeared to be were typed in a joking fashion....how can one say the word "nigger" in a soothing kitten snuggling way? lol

Seriously.....somebody needs to come up with a sarcasm font!

Sure he meant it in it's racial way. Like I said....the guy just does not care.

BUT....your last point is valid IMHO.....people say really, REALLY fucked up shit when they are pissed off OR drunk.

Do I think Mel Gibson will be adopting a Black African orphan anytime soon.....or that he will be stepping on a glass at his next marriage.....NO.

BUT do I think he secretly hunts the Outback country side lynching black people and worshipping Hitler in a home made alter to Nazi beliefs.....NO.

The guy is just another guy in the world that does carry a level of racism.....he is far from perfect in that respect....does that make him a monster....no.

There are just some people in this world that due to whatever reasons are going to harbor those feelings until the day they die.....this whole idea that anybody that does not automatically fall in line with today's PC line of thinking is evil or whatever is total BS.

Just because Mel Gibson uses racial epitaphs about blacks and Jews when angry and drunk does not mean he is a guy that does not work with those same people, exist with those same folks in a decent manner.

I mean hell....the man works in an industry that is 99.9% run by Jews.

It's nuts to think he does not manage to put aside all of his bigoted inclinations for the most part.

BUT....I suppose that is not good enough....people want him to MEAN that he loves blacks and jews.....like turning on a light switch people want a 55 year old man to change to modern day thinking....it's a bit unrealistic to me.

Do I think Mel Gibson is a bigot. YES....Do I care enough about that fact to label him an asshole and avoid his films....NO.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:36 PM