Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just saw a pretty great fight in the most unexpected place
checkleft
post Nov 4 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Great fight on the undercard for the frankie gomez fight today. These guys went at it, it was great.

It was a Irish kid kavanaugh against a Mexican kid valadez. It was very good you guys should check it out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 4 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yeah man, it was on my list of fights to watch. Missed it. 'The Golden Boy Promotions' series on Fox Deportes and some of the other Fox channels is usually a sure thing. Last week's Suarez/Escalante was quality too.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Nov 4 2012, 03:01 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 4 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 4 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Yeah man, it was on my list of fights to watch. Missed it. 'The Golden Boy Promotions' series on Fox Deportes and some of the other Fox channels is usually a sure thing. Last week's Suarez/Escalante was quality too.

Yea it was gold bro.

Is that in fox deportes?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 4 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yup. GBP's been putting together some good stuff on both Fox Deportes and Solo Boxeo Tecate. The Fox Deportes' bouts tend to be higher quality as I believe that's GBP's showcase, but SBT is definitely worth checking out too (as was the case this weekend).
A few weeks ago Solo Boxeo had a very promising middleweight, Paul Mendez. His opponent wasn't bad either, Donyil Livingston, but Mendez was clearly the star of the show.

Solo Boxeo isn't always GBP. Recently they've been showing some matches promoted by Miguel Cotto Promotions' from PR. Cotto Promotions' seems to feature boxers that aren't that impressive (to me anyway). Entertaining scraps, but not too much quality. To be fair to them, they're mostly very young guys.
I think they still show some Top Rank bouts too. If I'm not mistaken SBT had some sort of exclusive deal with TR, but that expired or something like that.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Nov 5 2012, 12:31 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 5 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i've been watching kavanaugh for a while...he's a pretty solid kid. it's a trip to hear him talk with his irish accent and then go into spanish which he speaks fluently i believe. blew me away. damn good fighter.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 5 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 5 2012, 01:04 PM) *
i've been watching kavanaugh for a while...he's a pretty solid kid. it's a trip to hear him talk with his irish accent and then go into spanish which he speaks fluently i believe. blew me away. damn good fighter.

He was very solid and what heart he showed, both guys rocked each other very badly in several rounds and neither hit the kanvas. I thought it was a pretty amazing fight

And it was pretty funny to me because right after these two guys went to war frankie gomez fought a freaking bum and these guys had maybe the same amount of fights as gomez lol. Either way that undercard made my night, it was like a poor man's gatti ward

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 5 2012, 01:36 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 5 2012, 01:29 PM) *
He was very solid and what heart he showed, both guys rocked each other very badly in several rounds and neither hit the kanvas. I thought it was a pretty amazing fight

And it was pretty funny to me because right after these two guys went to war frankie gomez fought a freaking bum and these guys had maybe the same amount of fights as gomez lol. Either way that undercard made my night, it was like a poor man's gatti ward

gomez has been a disappointment. as an amateur...the kid was amazing! ranked #1 in the nation. he used to put on some shows. now...he loads up on everything....applies pressure....and generally looks like shit. i had such high hopes for him. from what i saw...he could benefit from a new trainer.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 5 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 5 2012, 01:36 PM) *
gomez has been a disappointment. as an amateur...the kid was amazing! ranked #1 in the nation. he used to put on some shows. now...he loads up on everything....applies pressure....and generally looks like shit. i had such high hopes for him. from what i saw...he could benefit from a new trainer.

Definitely, roach has him too offensive minded. He uses no jab just like you said he basically loads up on everything. It's sad too cause he has skill and the talent

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 5 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 5 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Definitely, roach has him too offensive minded. He uses no jab just like you said he basically loads up on everything. It's sad too cause he has skill and the talent

i was talking about gomez....are u talking about kavanaugh?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 6 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 5 2012, 08:53 PM) *
i was talking about gomez....are u talking about kavanaugh?

I was talking about gomez too, he's with Freddie roach now

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:50 AM