IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

MAHDI
post Jul 8 2013, 07:51 AM
Post #371

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

Robbery talk... Nazim goes from saying early on Canelo was not ready to there being a robbery.. I respect Nazim but... Floyd has not had any close fights (Cotto was a clear 8-4 round win despite the bloody nose. This fight will be an emphatic victory for Floyd who will be even sharper than against the Southpaw. Canelo is going to get hit more than Robert did. He will not like it when Floyd goes to the body. Canelo talking a good one but at 22 he is about to get a rude awakening. No one he spars with will prepare him for what he will see 9/14/13. I see nothing at all troubling Floyd

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jul 8 2013, 07:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #372

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 3 2013, 09:17 PM) *
I saw some reports that claim that 50 and Floyd are friends again and they have some kind of business stuff going down possibly. With the money Mayweather will make in september I hope he helps fif beat his case. Fif got locked up for domestic violence. But it's not the one most people know, he got a second kid he been trying to keep secret with that model chicken he was with daphne joy. I hope Mayweather look out for his boy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why he would hit something that damn fine is beyond me, hopefully he throw some bread at her and make it go away

had to look her up. daaayum. fine ass piece. i had one of those back in the day. she looks filipina. them chicks can get crazy sometimes.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 8 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #373

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 8 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Robbery talk... Nazim goes from saying early on Canelo was not ready to there being a robbery.. I respect Nazim but... Floyd has not had any close fights (Cotto was a clear 8-4 round win despite the bloody nose. This fight will be an emphatic victory for Floyd who will be even sharper than against the Southpaw. Canelo is going to get hit more than Robert did. He will not like it when Floyd goes to the body. Canelo talking a good one but at 22 he is about to get a rude awakening. No one he spars with will prepare him for what he will see 9/14/13. I see nothing at all troubling Floyd

The best Canelo possibly gets is the type of performance that Cotto had against Floyd. Competitive, but not enough to win. Than, just go down from there. I am not worried too much about the cards, although anything is possible. Golden Boy--------Canello---------next Mexican Star. vs. Floyd--------best P4P fighter---------hated by so many. But jail time HAS humbled Floyd and improved his behavior. I am happy to see that.

The driving point is I don't think Canelo Alvarez is good enough to be a star that the powers that be may think. I thought Trout beat him, and as good as Trout is, Floyd is two to three times better. What's Alvarez got other than a weight advantage to keep Mayweather from doing his typical things? We have a B fighter in Alvarez, tough and determined, with added weight, but I see little else as a threat, against an A-grade fighter in terms of Floyd.

Judges have been fair to Floyd. This should be no different.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 8 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #374

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 8 2013, 11:35 AM) *
The best Canelo possibly gets is the type of performance that Cotto had against Floyd. Competitive, but not enough to win. Than, just go down from there. I am not worried too much about the cards, although anything is possible. Golden Boy--------Canello---------next Mexican Star. vs. Floyd--------best P4P fighter---------hated by so many. But jail time HAS humbled Floyd and improved his behavior. I am happy to see that.

The driving point is I don't think Canelo Alvarez is good enough to be a star that the powers that be may think. I thought Trout beat him, and as good as Trout is, Floyd is two to three times better. What's Alvarez got other than a weight advantage to keep Mayweather from doing his typical things? We have a B fighter in Alvarez, tough and determined, with added weight, but I see little else as a threat, against an A-grade fighter in terms of Floyd.

Judges have been fair to Floyd. This should be no different.

Jack

Jack, can you name 5 fighters that Canelo has fought that is in the top 20 pound for pound list? I can not think of any. I had Trout winning by 2 points. Of his 41 fights, who are these men that he fought that has placed him on this rocket ship to stardom?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 8 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #375

The Consultant

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 8 2013, 03:17 PM) *
Jack, can you name 5 fighters that Canelo has fought that is in the top 20 pound for pound list? I can not think of any. I had Trout winning by 2 points. Of his 41 fights, who are these men that he fought that has placed him on this rocket ship to stardom?

I agree with you, I can't. I am going to pull up his record at BoxRec just to see if I am missing something, but I don't think so.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 8 2013, 03:43 PM
Post #376

The Consultant

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 8 2013, 03:29 PM) *
I agree with you, I can't. I am going to pull up his record at BoxRec just to see if I am missing something, but I don't think so.

Jack

Here's the records of boith fighters from Box Rec:

Canelo Alvarez: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...9&cat=boxer

Floyd Mayweather: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=352&cat=boxer

In terms of experience competition, this is a mismatch. Actually, I had originally predicted that Floyd would win, but it wouldn't be easy. I think what I was doing was over-stated the added weight and the potential for a more competitive fight because Floyd's in against the bigger stronger guy. But with the stipulated contract for the fight to be at 152, the weight in hindsight is not that big a deal. How much weight can we expect Canelo to gain after the weigh in? At what weight do you think Floyd will enter the ring? Could dehydration be a problem for Alvarez getting down to 152?

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 8 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #377

Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 8 2013, 01:43 PM) *
Here's the records of boith fighters from Box Rec:

Canelo Alvarez: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...9&cat=boxer

Floyd Mayweather: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=352&cat=boxer

In terms of experience competition, this is a mismatch. Actually, I had originally predicted that Floyd would win, but it wouldn't be easy. I think what I was doing was over-stated the added weight and the potential for a more competitive fight because Floyd's in against the bigger stronger guy. But with the stipulated contract for the fight to be at 152, the weight in hindsight is not that big a deal. How much weight can we expect Canelo to gain after the weigh in? At what weight do you think Floyd will enter the ring? Could dehydration be a problem for Alvarez getting down to 152?

Jack

Jack, are you predicting a wide UD or a close decision? I have it by a very large UD. I think Floyd will come in either at 148-149. He is not coming in at 150. He is going to want to have his quickness with him. Canelo will come in at 152. He will re-hydrate around 167 weight. Which is still big. I do not think the two pounds will effect all that much. I think will actually be at 147 fight night. This is going to kill all the BS about Floyd draining Canelo argument.

Remember Canelo came in at 153 for the Trout fight so it is not like he will be killing himself to get to 152. Plus he is a kid, if he is dying to make 152 then he needs to be a full fledged MW.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 8 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #378

The Consultant

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 8 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Jack, are you predicting a wide UD or a close decision? I have it by a very large UD. I think Floyd will come in either at 148-149. He is not coming in at 150. He is going to want to have his quickness with him. Canelo will come in at 152. He will re-hydrate around 167 weight. Which is still big. I do not think the two pounds will effect all that much. I think will actually be at 147 fight night. This is going to kill all the BS about Floyd draining Canelo argument.

Remember Canelo came in at 153 for the Trout fight so it is not like he will be killing himself to get to 152. Plus he is a kid, if he is dying to make 152 then he needs to be a full fledged MW.

I'll go Floyd 116-112 UD which is probably as high as you go for a close decision. Alvarez I expect will be at his best, and might take some early rounds, but 116-12 in a losing effort is the best he is going to see. This assumes fair and impartial judging.

Jack

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 9 2013, 03:00 AM
Post #379

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 8 2013, 08:55 PM) *
I'll go Floyd 116-112 UD which is probably as high as you go for a close decision. Alvarez I expect will be at his best, and might take some early rounds, but 116-12 in a losing effort is the best he is going to see. This assumes fair and impartial judging.

Jack

I also like Floyd by close decision, maybe 115-113. I watched the Alvarez-Lopez fight on Showtime recently and I was impressed by Alvarez. He ripped the body, threw good combinations and had a good jab. I was also impressed with his KO of Baldomir a few years back. The fight is gonna be tight for awhile and could get interesting with adjustments midfight. As long as Floyd has the stamina working in his favor he should be ok down the stretch.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jul 9 2013, 03:00 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 9 2013, 03:52 AM
Post #380

Middleweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 9 2013, 12:00 AM) *
I also like Floyd by close decision, maybe 115-113. I watched the Alvarez-Lopez fight on Showtime recently and I was impressed by Alvarez. He ripped the body, threw good combinations and had a good jab. I was also impressed with his KO of Baldomir a few years back. The fight is gonna be tight for awhile and could get interesting with adjustments midfight. As long as Floyd has the stamina working in his favor he should be ok down the stretch.

You were impressed that he beat Josesito Lopez? He is a come forward fighter who I believe started out as a jr, welter weight... that impressed you? Okay

Baldomir is like 100! These are his two victories that has you convinced that he will give Mayweather issues? Okay. I have this fight 8-4 if Floyd comes out like expect him to. Maybe even 9-3 just to prove a point.

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:00 AM