IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO Boxing Production Values in the Crapper!
mrchitown
post Jul 4 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 4 2013, 12:59 AM) *
If anyone is familiar with NYC radio, HBO is Hot 97 and Showtime is Power 105. HBO used to be the pioneer and pinnacle of boxing. When Showtime came along, they had a little buzz but nobody took them serious. It wasn't until HBO started throwing shots at them unnecessarily that they started getting true notoriety. Same happened with the radio stations in NYC. Then, all the stars start flocking towards the new "it" network. HBO gave Showtime some light and instead of counteracting that with quality, long lasting fighters you can root for, they have bar room brawls where both fighters are a shell of themselves after. Then you get Jim Lampley with his butthurt monologue otherwise known as The Fight Game. HBO reeks of jealous ex girlfriend right now. They are the Josie Harris' of boxing lmao

Yeah I'm familiar with NY radio, I thought it couldn't get worse then Chi but NY stuff is way worse, good analogy and spot on with everything you said
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 4 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 4 2013, 12:59 AM) *
If anyone is familiar with NYC radio, HBO is Hot 97 and Showtime is Power 105. HBO used to be the pioneer and pinnacle of boxing. When Showtime came along, they had a little buzz but nobody took them serious. It wasn't until HBO started throwing shots at them unnecessarily that they started getting true notoriety. Same happened with the radio stations in NYC. Then, all the stars start flocking towards the new "it" network. HBO gave Showtime some light and instead of counteracting that with quality, long lasting fighters you can root for, they have bar room brawls where both fighters are a shell of themselves after. Then you get Jim Lampley with his butthurt monologue otherwise known as The Fight Game. HBO reeks of jealous ex girlfriend right now. They are the Josie Harris' of boxing lmao

Interesting metaphor comparisons!

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 4 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 3 2013, 10:59 PM) *

The only thing I know about Hot 97 is that Wendy Williams on there. And I think Biggie and Pac did some interviews on Hot 97. I am not from NY so I wouldn't know. I do understand what you are trying to say. Its like in Cali, when John London and the House Party 92.3 the Beat use to go head with Power 106's Baker Boys. That was back in the 90s but I get it. HBO is losing itself. They are trying to put on all these matches that people wanted to see 5 years ago. Showtime has something going on and to be honest. I see Showtime as being so much positive than HBO. Its like HBO people are critics and not fans of boxing while Showtime are exciting and fans of the sport.

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 4 2013, 12:02 AM) *
Still thought the 24/7 series is better than Showtimes version

Common was a nice touch to Fight Camp. They did a great job.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 4 2013, 01:59 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) classic!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 4 2013, 06:00 PM) *
The only thing I know about Hot 97 is that Wendy Williams on there. And I think Biggie and Pac did some interviews on Hot 97. I am not from NY so I wouldn't know. I do understand what you are trying to say. Its like in Cali, when John London and the House Party 92.3 the Beat use to go head with Power 106's Baker Boys. That was back in the 90s but I get it. HBO is losing itself. They are trying to put on all these matches that people wanted to see 5 years ago. Showtime has something going on and to be honest. I see Showtime as being so much positive than HBO. Its like HBO people are critics and not fans of boxing while Showtime are exciting and fans of the sport.

Common was a nice touch to Fight Camp. They did a great job.

common ruins it for me. clearly sounds like he's reading from a script. they need someone better.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

Just saw on Fat Dan and other boxing journalists' twitter feeds that some employees in the HBO boxing division are leaving. One has left for a job with NBC sports reportedly

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2013, 02:13 PM) *
common ruins it for me. clearly sounds like he's reading from a script. they need someone better.

Com is GOAT

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 9 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Com is GOAT

Professor is a hater just ignore him....

Who else would be a good voice over? James Earl Jones lol!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Com is GOAT

stop. just stop. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Professor is a hater just ignore him....

Who else would be a good voice over? James Earl Jones lol!

i can give u a long list of ppl who could do a better job. james earl jones is a legend!!!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:42 AM