IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT)-Bute vs. Pascal-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
MAHDI
post Jan 20 2014, 09:08 AM
Post #161

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 19 2014, 01:47 PM) *
Gotta see Pascal-Stevenson!

I think Stevenson wins, but he has to work for it! Can he deal with Pascal's experience? Perez went from ordinary to terrible. If Takam wouldn't have been so nice to him early, he could have gotten the win. The draw was fair.

Jack

Pascal was impressive. Improved stamina but the last two rounds he was a bit gassed. I think Pascal has some tools that can be used to derail STEVENSON... Pascal has explosive AKWARD/UNORTHODOX quickness. If he and Roy study Adonis they could beat him-- Going in twice with HOpkins, gives him experience advantages- now working with Roy- LMAO-- Roy is funny -- " he wants to impress his Idol".... Roy did a good damned job with Pascal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 20 2014, 10:41 AM
Post #162

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Bute looked unsteady the entire fight. I observed that he seems to have a "tick," in his speech in the post fight interview. I've seen him speak before and didn't notice it. Perhaps some of those cuffing blows behind the head had a effect.

On the other hand, Pascal looked pretty good. It appears the influence of RJJ elevated his game. Not a clone of Jones, but his style seemed very much based on the classic RJJ. That said, Stevenson KO 6.

+Quote Post
beenKOed
post Jan 20 2014, 11:03 PM
Post #163

Amateur

Member No.: 14,104

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 20 2014, 06:08 AM) *
Pascal was impressive. Improved stamina but the last two rounds he was a bit gassed. I think Pascal has some tools that can be used to derail STEVENSON... Pascal has explosive AKWARD/UNORTHODOX quickness. If he and Roy study Adonis they could beat him-- Going in twice with HOpkins, gives him experience advantages- now working with Roy- LMAO-- Roy is funny -- " he wants to impress his Idol".... Roy did a good damned job with Pascal

Pascal was not impressive. Pascal won the fight because Bute did very little for 10 rounds. Bute has to let his hands go or he is finished in the ring. Stevenson will get rid of Pascal in 7th if that fight happens.

+Quote Post
beenKOed
post Jan 20 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #164

Amateur

Member No.: 14,104

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 19 2014, 01:34 PM) *
One of the most frustrating fights i've watched in ages..Bute had all the tools to make this a walk through his opponent fight but the confidence wasn't there..had he done more of what he did in the 11th or 12th i'd say fight on..not sure he should even lace them up again. It's almost like he gets jabbed and locks up instantly.

I think you are right, sir. The Froch fight pretty much ruined Bute, he is definitely a changed fighter. It's frustrating to watch him now, I found myself yelling at him during the fight, "Let your hands go! Let your hands go." Man! What a let down.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 21 2014, 01:11 AM
Post #165

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I rewatched this fight and I have to ask, was the ref blind or is "The Double Punch" Pascal seemed to be utilizing on a number of occasions legal in Canada?

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 23 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #166

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (beenKOed @ Jan 20 2014, 11:03 PM) *
Pascal was not impressive. Pascal won the fight because Bute did very little for 10 rounds. Bute has to let his hands go or he is finished in the ring. Stevenson will get rid of Pascal in 7th if that fight happens.

Pascal is fast and hits hard. Hard to let your hands go when you are getting beat to the punch continuously-- Pascal was very activeHe beat Bute to the punch and did seem to have a positive influence from Roy Jones. In my view he gassed in the last two rounds. This was Bute's first fight at 175? that was a factor. Stevens in 7.. Someone else said 6.. Stevenson does hit very hard...also When asked about fighting him. Pascal did not seem like he wanted to fight stevenson when asked afterwards...

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:08 PM