IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
sduck
post Feb 22 2013, 07:40 AM
Post #101

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Depends on how Floyd holds up with the age and layoff, otherwise I see a Mayweather/Ortiz repeat though going the distance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ks1
post Feb 22 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #102

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,051

Good job da professor with the Devils advocacy and keeping things on an even keel but, c'mon man, those rose colored glasses are starting to get a little too rose colored. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Ortiz "rocked" Jr. before the headbutt?, the "pressure of Pac being Koed"?! (say what?), the transition to Sr., the big Showtime deal (Jr. has been fighting big high profile money fights for years now) and the jail thing is little funny to me. It's not like Jr. was locked down like Tyson or Ike Beat-a-hoochie.

Guerrero seems to have a good mind frame so far and you never know what can happen but, based on the available evidence, I just don't see much trouble for FMJ.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 22 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #103

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

QUOTE (ks1 @ Feb 22 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Ike Beat-a-hoochie.

i lol'd

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 22 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #104

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

in examining guerrero fights and career i just don't see anything that could have prepared him for floyd. Floyd is special, he was sparring with champs as a teenager and has forgotten more about boxing than guerrero has learned. guerrero actually thinks the shoulder roll is all floyd has and thinks he can steamroll it like with berto? is this guy nuts or what? did he not see the judah fight? no shoulder roll there. its going to be a good fight and he will win like 3 or 4 rounds but i see him getting stopped and overwhelmed.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 22 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #105

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (ks1 @ Feb 22 2013, 03:23 PM) *
Good job da professor with the Devils advocacy and keeping things on an even keel but, c'mon man, those rose colored glasses are starting to get a little too rose colored. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Ortiz "rocked" Jr. before the headbutt?, the "pressure of Pac being Koed"?! (say what?), the transition to Sr., the big Showtime deal (Jr. has been fighting big high profile money fights for years now) and the jail thing is little funny to me. It's not like Jr. was locked down like Tyson or Ike Beat-a-hoochie.

Guerrero seems to have a good mind frame so far and you never know what can happen but, based on the available evidence, I just don't see much trouble for FMJ.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

ortiz hit floyd with a right hook that landed clean and had floyd reeling to the ropes. ortiz followed up with a bullshit combination where nothing landed. the head butt was out of frustration. go back and watch it in slow motion.

yes....pac was knocked off his pedestal. discrediting, humiliating and just plain hating on pac was part of floyds m.o. there is pressure on him to not fall of that pedestal as well.

yeah...but he's never had a 200 million dollar deal for 6 fights/30mo's.

the jail thing had him doing an excessive amount of push ups that changed his physical make up. he came out top heavy just like i said he would. that's going to effect him in the ring.

+Quote Post
ks1
post Feb 22 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #106

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,051

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 22 2013, 03:44 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

ortiz hit floyd with a right hook that landed clean and had floyd reeling to the ropes. ortiz followed up with a bullshit combination where nothing landed. the head butt was out of frustration. go back and watch it in slow motion.

yes....pac was knocked off his pedestal. discrediting, humiliating and just plain hating on pac was part of floyds m.o. there is pressure on him to not fall of that pedestal as well.

yeah...but he's never had a 200 million dollar deal for 6 fights/30mo's.

the jail thing had him doing an excessive amount of push ups that changed his physical make up. he came out top heavy just like i said he would. that's going to effect him in the ring.

I dunno, I'll look at the Ortiz thing again. The hating on Pac thing seemed more to be a business thing than anything else and the overall pressure has been there for awhile now. The money is even bigger now but he was already the highest paid athlete in the world last year.

About the jail thing, was he really at the swoll up? I'm sure he did pushups but it's not like he was smashing big weight on the bench/rape station in the yard at San Quentin. He's been out for what? at least 6 months now? so any changes to his psychique would probably have been temporary at best.

This post has been edited by ks1: Feb 22 2013, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 22 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #107

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (ks1 @ Feb 22 2013, 05:17 PM) *
I dunno, I'll look at the Ortiz thing again. The hating on Pac thing seemed more to be a business thing than anything else and the overall pressure has been there for awhile now. The money is even bigger now but he was already the highest paid athlete in the world last year.

About the jail thing, was he really at the swoll up? I'm sure he did pushups but it's not like he was smashing big weight on the bench/rape station in the yard at San Quentin. He's been out for what? at least 6 months now? so any changes to his psychique would probably have been temporary at best.

i think the pac thing was more than just business. there was definitely a tinge of jealousy going on there with floyd....like how dare they put this guy #1 p4p. the hbo commentators and the bullshit websites definitely fanned the flames over the years. whatever the case...those two will always be linked historically for the fight that never happened. if his focus is slightly off...it could spell trouble. sure...he was the highest paid athlete...but trying to out do himself....at some point the pressure has to be felt.

yes, he was that swoll up. go back and look at the pics. u don't put muscle like that on and take it off immediately. it's the wrong kind of muscle too. i've not seen pics of him lately. 6 months of inactivity may reduce it...i'll hold off on that one until i see him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 22 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #108

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Guerrero is spitting the same mantra that everyone who fights Mayweather says: He has what it takes to beat him. I do like the fact that he doesn't think Mayweather is the best fighter and that he picks and chooses his opponents (which is what they are saying about you Rob, that you were carefully handpicked by Floyd...Irony). The reason why I like this is because Guerrero isn't showing May any respect or accolades. He knows that he will be in for a fight and there is no use for kissing butt. Robert id 5'9 and a left handed fighter. This fight might be interesting. My money is still on May. I am calling it now. With May's father in his corner defense will be stone tight. I am looking for Kenny Bayless to be the ref and I am calling it for a 10th round knock out. any bets?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 22 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #109

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 22 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Guerrero is spitting the same mantra that everyone who fights Mayweather says: He has what it takes to beat him. I do like the fact that he doesn't think Mayweather is the best fighter and that he picks and chooses his opponents (which is what they are saying about you Rob, that you were carefully handpicked by Floyd...Irony). The reason why I like this is because Guerrero isn't showing May any respect or accolades. He knows that he will be in for a fight and there is no use for kissing butt. Robert id 5'9 and a left handed fighter. This fight might be interesting. My money is still on May. I am calling it now. With May's father in his corner defense will be stone tight. I am looking for Kenny Bayless to be the ref and I am calling it for a 10th round knock out. any bets?

guerrero stacks himself up against floyds last few opponents. each had a small degree of success. he sees where he can have those same successes and then some. his assessment of himself and floyd are both accurate ones. he knows it's not going to be easy and he actually gives mayweather credit without praising him too much. i like his demeanor going into this fight. i think the smart bet is on floyd...but at this point...the only thing i am confident on betting on is that guerrero will go the distance. no way floyd is stopping him. i also believe there will be a lot of unhappy fans after the fight. the win...if floyd gets it will be controversial or tarnished someway by guerrero's perceived success.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 23 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #110

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 22 2013, 06:13 PM) *
guerrero stacks himself up against floyds last few opponents. each had a small degree of success. he sees where he can have those same successes and then some. his assessment of himself and floyd are both accurate ones. he knows it's not going to be easy and he actually gives mayweather credit without praising him too much. i like his demeanor going into this fight. i think the smart bet is on floyd...but at this point...the only thing i am confident on betting on is that guerrero will go the distance. no way floyd is stopping him. i also believe there will be a lot of unhappy fans after the fight. the win...if floyd gets it will be controversial or tarnished someway by guerrero's perceived success.

Yeah, we are both saying the same thing but I do have a feeling Mayweather may actually look for the knock out in the later rounds. Guerrero is taller and actually bigger than Floyd. I am curious how he deals with his size and if he neutralize Guerrero's aggression. I am also curious to see what adjustments Guerrero plans on making in the fight. This should be interesting all around. so many different story lines at play. I just hope Sr, and Jr can work together especially it being black history in all. LOL

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:15 AM