IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
mitukczuk
post Jan 23 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

He just posted it on his Facebook page saying him fighting Roberto is just a rumor....thank god, I have been waiting for some words from him for the longest! I am never paying any attention to who is he going to fight unless he himself announces it.

However I believe we will know the name soon as January closes down and if he is to fight on May 4th, his training camp and promotion should commence at the end of February or maybe even sooner. I think I'll be as surprised as when he announced hes fighting Ortiz. Didn't see that one coming!

Can you think of any other unlikely names that could end up in the mix?

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Feb 7 2013, 01:02 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 23 2013, 02:37 PM) *
He just posted it on his Facebook page saying him fighting Roberto is just a rumor....thank god, I have been waiting for some words from him for the longest! I am never paying any attention to who is he going to fight unless he himself announces it.

However I believe we will know the name soon as January closes down and if he is to fight on May 4th, his training camp and promotion should commence at the end of February or maybe even sooner. I think I'll be as surprised as when he announced hes fighting Ortiz. Didn't see that one coming!

who is a better more worthy opponent than guerrero?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

here the short list of worthy opponents in my mind....

bradley
guerrero
trout
marquez

+Quote Post
emd01
post Jan 23 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Really is a horrible list of potential opponents but Guerrero would probably be the best fight, unfortunately. Dirtiest fight would be a tie between Guerrero and Bradley. He'd school Marquez again and I see a boring UD for Floyd in a Trout fight. Sucks but Guerrero will probably get the fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 23 2013, 01:37 PM) *

Didn't he look Ben straight in the face and say that he wasn't fighting Victor Ortiz?

We all know how that turned out...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

floyd is running out of options. i don't believe he can beat trout. canelo isn't going to be an easy fight. guerrero was his best option. i think bradley is probably the most deserving though. anything other than the names i just mentioned really don't interest me. i'll focus on the up and comers and spare myself the let down if he fights someone else.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 23 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2013, 01:52 PM) *
who is a better more worthy opponent than guerrero?

Trout
Bradley
Malinaggi
Alexander

Guerrero/Canelo are the most exciting fights for floyd but he's done nothing impressive at 147. As an interim with only 2 fights in the weight class youd expect him to keep on fighting and calling EVERYone in the division out instead of waiting for the cash cow. Why not fight Maidana? Why not call out Marquez? Cano? Malinaggi? Lopez/Ortiz now that they are ready to go? Why not move down to 140? He beat an inactive Berto and only one top 10 mandatory challenger. Not to mention he skipped the entire 140 pound division. Even though Bradley/Alexander arent exciting fighters their resume's are far more impressive. Trout's win against Cotto is greater than all of Guerrero's wins combined. He doesnt merit a Floyd fight more than Alexander/Trout/Bradley/Malinaggi.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2013, 03:02 PM) *
floyd is running out of options. i don't believe he can beat trout. canelo isn't going to be an easy fight. guerrero was his best option. i think bradley is probably the most deserving though. anything other than the names i just mentioned really don't interest me. i'll focus on the up and comers and spare myself the let down if he fights someone else.

My only Question is if Floyd fights Canelo in May who will he fight 9/14........ will we see Mayweather Martinez in September? O.O

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jan 23 2013, 03:59 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 23 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 03:46 PM) *
Trout
Bradley
Alexander

Guerrero is a good fight for floyd but he's done nothing impressive at 147. He beat an inactive Berto and only one top 10 mandatory challenger. Not to mention he skipped the entire 140 pound division. Even though Bradley/Alexander arent exciting fighters their resume's are far more impressive. Trout's win against Cotto is greater than all of Guerrero's wins combined.

My only Question is if Floyd fights Canelo in May who will he fight 9/14........ will we see Mayweather Martinez in September? O.O

If he beats Martinez, convincingly, he will be the best hands down of this generation.

And I think you hit it on the head with guerrero. He beat two very beatable guys in a dirty fashion and still had trouble.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 23 2013, 03:59 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 23 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2013, 03:55 PM) *
If he beats Martinez, convincingly, he will be the best hands down of this generation.

And I think you hit it on the head with guerrero. He beat two very beatable guys in a dirty fashion and still had trouble.

Mayweather Martinez is the ONLY fight that makes sense legacy wise especially if its at 160(Not a chance in hell). Mayweather/Torut is high risk low reward. And the rest are just money makers and belts ready to collect dust at the big boy mansion.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jan 23 2013, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 23 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Well Bradley is out of the equation.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-oppo...t-coming--61673

I doubt its Canelo.
It can only be Guerreo. Floyd is BSing us lol

What if floyd fight Trout and Canelo fights the winner of Smith/Bundrage? Then Floyd and Canelo meet in september to settle the score considering everything goes smoothly?

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jan 23 2013, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:43 PM