JonnyBlaze
post Apr 29 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #31

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 29 2010, 03:02 PM) *
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...boxing_everlast

Cool article about Everlast gloves and their plan to take back market share, redesign of their gloves, etc...

Good find..Can't wait to see how the new gloves turn out..Sounds like they are trying to copy Grant and Reyes a bit though..We'll see..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rosalind
post May 16 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #32

Amateur

Member No.: 10,903

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 25 2010, 09:13 PM) *
Hi guys,

I need some help here, I was looking at the everlast gloves and they have some cheap training gloves ($40-$60), but I am not sure what the quality is like.
So any help as far as sparring boxing gloves would be greatly appreciated. I thought about the Canadian Tire ones that are priced like 20 something bucks, but I am not sure if they would be good for sparring.
Has anybody sparred with the Canadian Tire gloves, the laceless ones?

I don't know much about everlast gloves but may be the other members can help you. I have a pair of red cheap boxing gloves that I like too. Don't know if you have buy the right boxing gloves, you also can refer the following link
http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-equipmen...ing-gloves.html

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post May 17 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 27 2010, 02:09 AM) *
Isn't it your birthday?

Just seen this!

Nah, the 27th was my brothers birthday - blackbelt.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Aug 10 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #34

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I purchased a new pair of the Everlast training gloves about a month back. Everlast Gloves These are some pretty good gloves to train with. I'm going to be looking to purchase some new sparring gloves as well in the near future. I've been using some cross training shoe and a pair of Jordan basketball shoes to train in so far but looking to purchase a pair of boxing shoes. I'll probably just end up getting a descent pair of wrestling shoes but want to know do any of you guys have any recommendations and what do you guys use?

This post has been edited by King Eugene: Aug 10 2010, 04:20 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 10 2010, 04:39 AM
Post #35

Guests

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 10 2010, 07:18 PM) *
I purchased a new pair of the Everlast training gloves about a month back. Everlast Gloves These are some pretty good gloves to train with. I'm going to be looking to purchase some new sparring gloves as well in the near future. I've been using some cross training shoe and a pair of Jordan basketball shoes to train in so far but looking to purchase a pair of boxing shoes. I'll probably just end up getting a descent pair of wrestling shoes but want to know do any of you guys have any recommendations and what do you guys use?

They aren't leather. I always use leather gloves.

Though using them for boxercise after your pilates class will probably be fine.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Aug 10 2010, 05:05 AM
Post #36

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 10 2010, 05:39 AM) *
They aren't leather. I always use leather gloves.

Though using them for boxercise after your pilates class will probably be fine.

Um....I dont do pilates. I train at an actual boxing gym. My actual sparring gloves will be leather but as far as just hitting the bag and mitts the everlast will be fine. Thanks though.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 10 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #37

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

grant if you got the $$$, title are decent for cheap ones though! I have a set of each! Good luck!

This post has been edited by caneman: Aug 10 2010, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 10 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #38

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 29 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Good find..Can't wait to see how the new gloves turn out..Sounds like they are trying to copy Grant and Reyes a bit though..We'll see..

Actually if they are a split between the 2, they could be a very good glove! I heard their new stuff with the side ways E are junk though! They fall apart & ain't worth the $$$ cause of it! Anyone hear the same thing?

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 10 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #39

Guests

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 10 2010, 08:05 PM) *
Um....I dont do pilates. I train at an actual boxing gym. My actual sparring gloves will be leather but as far as just hitting the bag and mitts the everlast will be fine. Thanks though.

lol. Trolled, or trolled?

But seriously, I would ALWAYS go with leather gloves. I have never used that synthetic crap, plus if they are bag gloves, they will probably go through a lot quicker than sparring gloves.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 11 2010, 02:31 AM
Post #40

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 10 2010, 05:18 AM) *

Definitely go with wrestling shoes. I have the same pair of adidas wrestling shoes for quite some time. My nephew(15 yrs.) actually used them a few times at wrestling tourneys and camps this summer.

I would love to see some footage of you training. I bet 99% of the time you just shadow box just so you can keep checking yourself out in the mirror. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:13 AM