Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto vs Bradley at 154? Maybe?
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alright guys, Im reaching here...I gotta talk boxing. This boxing drought is getting the best of me. We're all about 0-5 against these cancelled/postponed fights. I was thinking about what Bradley should pursue after his upcoming fight against whoever tha fuck this guy is. I've seen him a fight a couple of times, but the name never stuck with me.

What if Arum decided to give Tim a consolation fight, for not making the Pac rematch happen? What if he can pull Miguel into this, and make it worth it? Obviously, they'd have to fight in NY, because those NY fans dont care if Miguel fights a damn kangaroo, they'll be there to see. What if this fight leads to a Manny rematch for both of these guys?

I'm sure Bradley hasn't gotten that delusional with his newly-acquired, controversial, fame, so I don't thin he'd argue about making the 154 lb limit. A rough and rugged (part-time slick boxer) Bradley, vs a fight 'til the end Cotto. If Miguel fought Trout, with no regards to how tickets sales would pan out, then why not Bradley? A guy who "beat" Manny?..a guy that Cotto lost to?

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Feb 16 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

Sheesh.. lets not all reply at once folks!.. geze..

I think this fight has merits in more than one category, and its verrryyy marketable..

You would think that with Arum as a promoter he would have jumped on this from the get. Maybe it has been talked about with them? Maybe Cotto is just reaaallyy salty with Arum? Idk..

I fight with Bradley would be one hell of a scrap. Im giving the size and power advantage to Cotto, but Im giving the durability and rougedness to Bradley. Speed relatively the same here I think..

Technical advantage is Cotto, .. but as good as he has looked (even with the losses). I cant see a knockout against Bradley..

All in all Im in for a long, rough fight.. Bradley wins but walks away knowing he fought a future HOF fighter..

Id love to put my money on my man Cotto, but just too many wars....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 19 2013, 01:26 AM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

My heart says Cotto but my mind says Bradley wins this one. But Cotto would make it tough on Bradley and I'm interested to see how he handles someone who applies smart pressure like Cotto does.

The likelihood of this matchup happening is a long shot though, as Cotto has been working closely with GB and he and Schaefer have spoken on record recently about a June 8th fight in NY. I think for these last few fights in Cotto's career that he'll probably be fighting with the assistance of GB. But who knows, stuff happens and Cotto always says how he loves his independence now, he can technically do what ever the hell he pleases

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 19 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Idk about this. Bradley is muscular but he is very light, with cottos wide core I cant help but think he would have a easier time bullying him around then mayweather. But Bradley has very underratted ring iq and does move well so it could be a good one.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Alright guys, Im reaching here...I gotta talk boxing. This boxing drought is getting the best of me. We're all about 0-5 against these cancelled/postponed fights. I was thinking about what Bradley should pursue after his upcoming fight against whoever tha fuck this guy is. I've seen him a fight a couple of times, but the name never stuck with me.

What if Arum decided to give Tim a consolation fight, for not making the Pac rematch happen? What if he can pull Miguel into this, and make it worth it? Obviously, they'd have to fight in NY, because those NY fans dont care if Miguel fights a damn kangaroo, they'll be there to see. What if this fight leads to a Manny rematch for both of these guys?

I'm sure Bradley hasn't gotten that delusional with his newly-acquired, controversial, fame, so I don't thin he'd argue about making the 154 lb limit. A rough and rugged (part-time slick boxer) Bradley, vs a fight 'til the end Cotto. If Miguel fought Trout, with no regards to how tickets sales would pan out, then why not Bradley? A guy who "beat" Manny?..a guy that Cotto lost to?

Thoughts?

bradley by ud. he'll out work cotto...maybe even get in his shit once in a while.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Yeah I know, right? Let's not all answer at once. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyway, As you guys have mentioned, Bradley simply outworks Cotto in this one. The thing is, Cotto makes guys work for their money too, and on top of that, both guys are known to be bullies, so this is an interesting scarp to say the least.

If Miguel took that little bit of money to fight Trout (who's more unknown than Bradley), then I dont see why he wont take this fight. As I mentioned earlier, Bob may give this to Miguel as an "I'm a bit apologetic for the Pacquiao rematch nonsense, but here, you can have Bradley" gift.

Besides, what else does Bradley have to work towards while under the TR banner? Not a damn thing.

People will overlook Bradley's underrated hand speed and spurts of ring generalship, but I think Miguel makes it tough for him. Miguel's about two losses away from being an opponent (dispute this if you will), so this would be somewhat of a last stand for him.

PS: Somebody help me out on Cotto's purse for the Trout fight. I'd hate to put bad info out there.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 21 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 05:54 PM) *

Thoughts?

First of all, Bradley isn't moving to 154 anytime soon--sure he walks around at 165ish but when he trains he carries very little bodyfat so he is 147lbs pure muscle so those guys like Trout is too big/tall for him and I think he'll be slower at that weight. Arum is not thinking about marketing Tim (this current fight is proof of that) and a consolation fight isn't happening nor will there be a rematch vs Pac, they (Arum/Roach) are trying to keep Pac as far away as possible from technical fighters like Tim.

The only match up Pac is allowed is someone who walks right in with no defense or they'd rather fight and lose to JMM in a 5th fight but only if that is in Manila/somewhere in the Philippines. Manny should be the one begging Tim for a rematch after Brad's next fight because at least it would be a safe fight for Pac (meaning he won't get put to sleep) but I can guarantee that Manny isn't going to be calling out anyone named Floyd or Bradley.

As far as Cotto (who promotes himself now), he'd be unwilling to fight Manny under Arum because Bob wants Miguel to drain himself to fight Pac, that isn't happening again because Cotto is no longer Bob's slave. I don't think that Tim has been delusional about anything, he wants the best fights out there but Bob Arum isn't willing to have anyone excel ahead of his devalued Cashcow (Manny) which is why he waited so long to try and get Bradley a fight and offered him no rematch with Pac even though they have a rematch clause in their contract.

Forget about 154 with Bradley vs Cotto or anyone else for that matter, it isn't happening and Arum isn't willing to do business with GBP or Floyd.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 21 2013, 11:03 AM) *
First of all, Bradley isn't moving to 154 anytime soon--sure he walks around at 165ish but when he trains he carries very little bodyfat so he is 147lbs pure muscle so those guys like Trout is too big/tall for him and I think he'll be slower at that weight. Arum is not thinking about marketing Tim (this current fight is proof of that) and a consolation fight isn't happening nor will there be a rematch vs Pac, they (Arum/Roach) are trying to keep Pac as far away as possible from technical fighters like Tim.

The only match up Pac is allowed is someone who walks right in with no defense or they'd rather fight and lose to JMM in a 5th fight but only if that is in Manila/somewhere in the Philippines. Manny should be the one begging Tim for a rematch after Brad's next fight because at least it would be a safe fight for Pac (meaning he won't get put to sleep) but I can guarantee that Manny isn't going to be calling out anyone named Floyd or Bradley.

As far as Cotto (who promotes himself now), he'd be unwilling to fight Manny under Arum because Bob wants Miguel to drain himself to fight Pac, that isn't happening again because Cotto is no longer Bob's slave. I don't think that Tim has been delusional about anything, he wants the best fights out there but Bob Arum isn't willing to have anyone excel ahead of his devalued Cashcow (Manny) which is why he waited so long to try and get Bradley a fight and offered him no rematch with Pac even though they have a rematch clause in their contract.

Forget about 154 with Bradley vs Cotto or anyone else for that matter, it isn't happening and Arum isn't willing to do business with GBP or Floyd.

C'mon Brut, you make it seem as if Bradley is at the "cherry picking" stage of his career, not even close. He could barely capitalize off the robbery win over Manny. Don't get me wrong, he won more rounds than he was given credit for in that fight, but he didn't win that fight.

I agree, Bob has intentions on really promoting Bradley, but there are still some fights out there for Bradley. Cotto IS a free agent, so if the money sounds about right, then I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking the fight. Besides, Cotto sort of shit on his free-agency by taking the Trout fight, which did nothing for his career, other than get him another 'L' and get people started again with the whole "Cotto's" on the downslide.

If he was "smart" enough to take a Trout fight (sarcastically speaking of course, lol), then why not a Bradley fight? Bradley needs names right now, he can pick up where he left off when he at least accomplishes that much. No one said that Tim had to stay at 154, but I'm sure a Cotto fight would pad his pockets more than any possible (in terms of promotional rivalry) fight at WW. Who does have out there? Rios? A never-gonna-happen Manny rematch? JMM who's already looking the other way?

Let's just consider the fact that a Peterson rematch was almost shoved down his throat, and look who he's about to fight now. That should let us know everything that we need to know about his possibilities, so he'd a bigger fool for not moving up at least a few pounds (3 lbs) to face Miguel.

Again, Miguel pretty much stuck a fork in his free agency and his right to cherry pick, so to speak. Not many get a chance to look good while losing to Mayweather, get a big payday because of free agency, still be looked at as top competition after a loss, JUST to take an Austin Trout fight and lose decisively.

Thanks to Miguel trying to "challenge himself", translation: "please the fans", he gotta sit back and wait to see if GBP will pick him to fight Canelo, which should've been the other way around. Career-wise, you don't score a high ace straight flush, just to sit back down at the table and bet it all against guys who clearly have everything to gain and nothing lose. You either sit down and bet less, or take your ass home for the evening. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: Miguel's not even champ anymore, so if Bradley were to beat him, he can go right back a few pounds and keep his money in the bank at 154, until he's good and ready to take certain challenges.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 22 2013, 07:35 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

No. >_>

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't know what's up with Cotto but he did say in a recent interview that there is a possibility that Diaz will no longer be working his corner... And boxingscene has reported that he's looking to return in the fall, and that he's waiting on the outcome of the May 4th PPV fights involving Floyd and Canelo before making a decision on an opponent

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:22 AM