Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jun 21 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Just a nice card of fights overall on the TUF9 finale. I didn't agree with the split decision though. I thought it was a very clear 2-1 for Sanchez. The Lytle-Burns fight was a good one as well.

Impressive stuff.

Is it too much to hope for a Gina Carano vs. Kyra Gracie dream match?

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jun 21 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Guida is a pretty awesome fighter himself he looks like a fuckin caveman lol. I enjoyed the card myself.

Sanchez is my favorite at Lightweight.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 22 2009, 05:22 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

That was a good fight. Guida's a hero for taking a beating like that. He should be the poster boy for everlast after the elbows, uppercuts, and flying knees he took in that fight.

Diego performed well, but I still don't like him at 155lbs. He looks all different and shit, like he's weight drained. His face is totally different now. He looks like a fucking skeleton. You can tell that's not his natural weight class. I like the guy and shit, but fuck man, dudes killing themselves to drop down in weight and whip little guys is getting old.

I think taking two L's fucked with Diego's mind. He don't wanna hang around and fight the GSPs of the world, I guess. He just wants to go and try to fuck up some little guys like Kenny Florian. Whatever. I'll still root for him until he gets in with BJ Penn, and then he can catch another L on his record and move on from there.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 22 2009, 05:26 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

P.S. I heard Takanori Gomi's looking to come to the U.S., and Dana White's blowing him hard to try and get him in the UFC. He'll probably end up with Affliction, but...

IF he came to the UFC, he'd turn Diego into a shit stain, along with nearly every other 155lber on the roster right now. Hopefully that shit happens, and we see Gomi and Penn do it all over again.

We'll see though. Dana's gonna have to lay off the slavery-type contracts if he wants guys like Gomi and Fedor to sign.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jun 23 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

I was rooting for guida, though i figured he'd lose as he is a bit of a gatekeeper in the division.

I felt the decision could of gone either way, depending on how you score a fight. Sanchez dominated the first round, maybe even a 10-8 round. The second and third i think you can make an argument guida controlled with his wrestling, though he inflicted little damage. Where it got blurry was the second round, guida controlled with his wrestling, but sanchez inflicted much more damage off his back with those elbows, and threatened with submissions. Based on effective damage, i scored it for sanchez, but dont have a problem with a split decision for guida. Guida is a great fighter to watch. Always giving 100%.

But man, guida needs to do something about the hair. Its a serious disadvantage in the octagon, vision-wise, and submission wise. Maybe some faber corn rows or something

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 26 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 23 2009, 11:24 PM) *
I was rooting for guida, though i figured he'd lose as he is a bit of a gatekeeper in the division.

I felt the decision could of gone either way, depending on how you score a fight. Sanchez dominated the first round, maybe even a 10-8 round. The second and third i think you can make an argument guida controlled with his wrestling, though he inflicted little damage. Where it got blurry was the second round, guida controlled with his wrestling, but sanchez inflicted much more damage off his back with those elbows, and threatened with submissions. Based on effective damage, i scored it for sanchez, but dont have a problem with a split decision for guida.

I hear you about the scoring. That's why I HATE the way fights are scored in the UFC. First off, most judges are too ready to award fights for the lay-and-pray bullshit that guys like Sean Sherk give us. Rich Franklin getting a decision over Wanderlei Silva was a TRAGEDY. Getting 2 takedowns in the course of a fight is NOT grounds for victory, especially when the fighter on top is doing NOTHING. The 10-point must system ws a retard move as well. Maybe it works in boxing, but not in MMA.

I preferred Pride's scoring system, where the fight was scored as a whole, instead of round-by-round. RINGS was the shit too, as they awarded 0 points for a fighter who got a takedown but did nothing to improve his position. (I'm looking squarely at you Ricardo Arona, and you're "fight" with Fedor.)

In a logical world, Clay Guida lost that fight. Diego initiated the contact, did hellacious damage (even from the bottom), and made every effort to finish the fight. Clay Guida made every effort to get the takedown and ride things out to the decision, hoping he scored enough along the way to get the decision win. I admire the guy for taking a serious beating and still coming back, butg in no way feel as if though he earned anything but a moral victory.

But man, guida needs to do something about the hair. Its a serious disadvantage in the octagon, vision-wise, and submission wise. Maybe some faber corn rows or something.

Haha, his hair is cool. He'll lose a fight directly because of it and then he'll do something about it, the same way Edgerrin James and Troy Polamalu did in the NFL.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jun 26 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #8

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 26 2009, 01:36 AM) *
Haha, his hair is cool. He'll lose a fight directly because of it and then he'll do something about it, the same way Edgerrin James and Troy Polamalu did in the NFL.

Paul Malignaggi.

Enough said.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jun 26 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

So sad to see Wand lose again. I miss the beast from Pride...

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 26 2009, 01:39 PM) *
So sad to see Wand lose again. I miss the beast from Pride...

I bet he misses the ROIDS from PRIDE. LOL

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:06 AM