Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Berto, When will he fight someone worth fighting
Hittman25
post Oct 5 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,662

It might not be his fault why he cant get a big name in the ring with him but enuff is enuff im tired of seeing berto fighting B fighters.....miguel cotto or some one needs to step up to the plate already........what do you guys think.......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 5 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

How is it Berto's fault? Mayweather and Pacquiao aren't going to fight him, Mosley wont fight him because the "money isn't right", and I really don't know who else he can fight to prove himself.

+Quote Post
Hodge
post Oct 5 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 3,610

I think he should Paulie Malinaggi.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Oct 5 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

I'm looking forward to this fight as well as the whole card. I'm thinking about heading to you know where for this one.

I think Berto will beat up Hernandez but Freddy could land something early that makes it a good fight.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 5 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #5

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 5 2010, 05:03 PM) *
How is it Berto's fault? Mayweather and Pacquiao aren't going to fight him, Mosley wont fight him because the "money isn't right", and I really don't know who else he can fight to prove himself.

The money WAS right with Mosley until Berto demanded a 50/50 split of the purse the second time around.

Seeing as how Paul Williams was intent on coming back down to 147 prior to signing to fight with Martinez, I think he could have fought him...especially since they both have the same advisor.

He also could have fought Collazo again since so many people thought that fight was close and deserving of a rematch.

I believe Devon Alexander was also willing to fight him, but that's a whole other story.

There have DEFINITELY been opportunities for Berto to showcase his talents against more well-known competition...the problem, however, is that the money was never right for Berto, who's already accustomed to making 600K to 1 million per fight, despite the fact that he's never really beaten anyone of note within the division...well, except Quintana.

But hey, I don't want to make it sound like I'm getting down on Berto. If you guys are cool with the career choices he's making, then so am I.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Oct 5 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

paulie mallinagi get the fuck outta here...that dude is trash....i want cotto or a paul williams would be ku.....who else would be good for berto...

This post has been edited by Hittman25: Oct 5 2010, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Oct 5 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #7

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

Miguel Cotto would be a great fight for him to get his ass busted in.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 5 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 5 2010, 07:44 PM) *
The money WAS right with Mosley until Berto demanded a 50/50 split of the purse the second time around.

Seeing as how Paul Williams was intent on coming back down to 147 prior to signing to fight with Martinez, I think he could have fought him...especially since they both have the same advisor.

He also could have fought Collazo again since so many people thought that fight was close and deserving of a rematch.

I believe Devon Alexander was also willing to fight him, but that's a whole other story.

There have DEFINITELY been opportunities for Berto to showcase his talents against more well-known competition...the problem, however, is that the money was never right for Berto, who's already accustomed to making 600K to 1 million per fight, despite the fact that he's never really beaten anyone of note within the division...well, except Quintana.

But hey, I don't want to make it sound like I'm getting down on Berto. If you guys are cool with the career choices he's making, then so am I.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Berto has a more legitimate claim to a 50/50 split then Mosley has against it. I would like to see him go against Williams if possible, despite the Collazo fight being close I don't really see him winning by a wider margin really gaining him accolade, and when it comes down to signing the contract I really don't believe Alexander would have fought him.

Sure, Berto has had chances, it's not as if he's ducking the better fighters though. Not in my opinion anyway. Then again it's pretty hard to know what's really going on these days with all the politics and bullshit lol.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 5 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 5 2010, 08:31 PM) *
You maybe read my post or the original post wrong. I don't think it's his fault either.

It was just directed towards the original post. And I was personally just questioning how it could be all on him, not so much wondering how anyone could possibly question the skills of young Andre lol.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Oct 5 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #10

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

I'd like to see Hernandez to do Berto when John Molina did to Hank Lundy.

50/50 split with Mosley.

Get outta here with that bullshit, Andre.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:56 PM