IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Chavez vs. Martinez@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) SPOILERS (Topics Merged), (Rematch?)
daprofessor
post Sep 18 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #181

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

let's not forget...one of dibella's other fighters (malignaggi) got the shaft in texas...so they're very familiar with texas' bullshit. good for them...but i get the feeling they're just trying to find more leverage($) but the fight will be made. i wouldn't be shocked if it happens in texas...with some guarantees from the bob father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 18 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #182

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2012, 09:58 AM) *
An interview in boxing scene. He basically said chavez seems to get away with way too much shit in Texas and he would rather pursue a cotto fight. I think cotto could give him a lot of trouble, sergio has problems with boxers with good jabs

I think it would be a tough fight for Sergio as well, he won't take many rounds off like JCC jr did, he'll start banging those hooks to the body and that's what makes me think Cotto has a chance to win this fight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 18 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #183

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2012, 11:04 AM) *
1. I agree. At the time, I couldn't agree with the Chavez/Taylor comparison...I couldn't even tell you what was going through my head when that shit happened live. Seriously, I couldn't. LOL. When I went back and watched it, I peeped the comparison, and the commentators called it earlier in the fight.

Was I the only one that laughed like shit, at RJJ's reaction in the 12th round when Sergio went down??? "Ohhhhh!!! Goodness! There it go!"

2. I think a rematch may be looking at bit slim. That would mean that Arum would STILL want his fighter to make the larger of the purse, hence why he's already bringing up this Texas bullshit. Sounds like Sergio doesn't want to do it in Texas, but the fact that he even considered a rematch, could possibly mean that he can get talked into fighting somewhere else. DiBella may actually bend to Bob's will, in order to be involved in another huge fight...besides, who else is there at MW, that will bring Sergio money? Chavez can make some decent fights at MW, cant say the same for good ol' Sergio.

Man, it was those damn 24oz Tecate's that were $7. I think it's nasty beer, but shit, the price couldn't be argued with. At the same time, when Sergio hit the canvas the second time (which looked like a knockdown), Mexicans were going CRAZY, so it was possible that a phantom 10-count was in progress. LOL

That's probably what Roy says to himself when he gets KTFO lmao

True, Chavez jr's name will keep him relevant and in big fights, he could fight a Pirog Golovkin (i think they'll stay away from him), even Quillin if Quillin wins the WBO belt next month, Martinez looks like he got the career defining win without reaping the benefits

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 18 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #184

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2012, 01:02 PM) *
i guess what i meant to say was that in boxing (as we all know) 1 punch can end it all. that's what makes it different from most sports.

i'm thinking gbp is going to protect their investment so martinez isn't getting canelo anytime soon. i agree...lara and molina deserved rematches.

They won't serve Canelo up like that, GB knows what will happen, I think Martinez beats him at 154 a catch weight or MW

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 18 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #185

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2012, 12:04 PM) *
1. I agree. At the time, I couldn't agree with the Chavez/Taylor comparison...I couldn't even tell you what was going through my head when that shit happened live. Seriously, I couldn't. LOL. When I went back and watched it, I peeped the comparison, and the commentators called it earlier in the fight.

Was I the only one that laughed like shit, at RJJ's reaction in the 12th round when Sergio went down??? "Ohhhhh!!! Goodness! There it go!"

2. I think a rematch may be looking at bit slim. That would mean that Arum would STILL want his fighter to make the larger of the purse, hence why he's already bringing up this Texas bullshit. Sounds like Sergio doesn't want to do it in Texas, but the fact that he even considered a rematch, could possibly mean that he can get talked into fighting somewhere else. DiBella may actually bend to Bob's will, in order to be involved in another huge fight...besides, who else is there at MW, that will bring Sergio money? Chavez can make some decent fights at MW, cant say the same for good ol' Sergio.

Man, it was those damn 24oz Tecate's that were $7. I think it's nasty beer, but shit, the price couldn't be argued with. At the same time, when Sergio hit the canvas the second time (which looked like a knockdown), Mexicans were going CRAZY, so it was possible that a phantom 10-count was in progress. LOL

That photo of JCC Jr.'s a bit old. I can send you a new one if you'd like.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 19 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #186

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Just saw pictures of his hands, i don't think hes bullshitting lol those things are redddd

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #187

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 19 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Just saw pictures of his hands, i don't think hes bullshitting lol those things are redddd

Whered you see them at?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #188

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Chicago Boxing News 3,285 likethis 12 minutes ago @maravillabox, @jcchavezjr1 , The medical tests have revealed Julio Chavez Jr. suffering "malar bone fracture (cheekbone) and orbit" , which is going to prevent the coming months to continue training and will likely need surgery in the coming days.

Quote: The malar bone is located at the level of the cheek and that makes it prominent cheekbone. Also part of the floor and lateral wallof theorbit, which is the cavity that holds and protects the eyeball. At fracture, can cause a flattening of the cheek, limited mouth opening, and if they commit the orbital walls can produce drop eyeball double vision and commitment of the muscles that move the eye. Sometimes these symptoms are masked by post-traumatic inflammation and only become apparent a few days later when the swelling down. These symptoms should be treated surgically to avoid leaving important functional and aesthetic sequelae.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 19 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #189

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

both guys are going to have surgery

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #190

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

chavez was blocking punches with his face! fucked sergios hands all up!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:54 PM