IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO will no longer do Business with Golden Boy!?
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Yup, and HBO will have to sit there and deal with it, TBH, HBO just cut themselves out of a few key and exciting weight divisions. Things over there will look different. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Now HBO has to kiss a wrinkly old man's ass just to keep fights on their network hahaha

I always thought that Dibella, Shaw, and Goosen had some decent fighters but it's like you said. After they get them TV dates they just fall back and expect us fans to channel surf and find it when it's on.

I was on about 5 different sites and I saw a huge amount of people commenting saying how their switching networks. Then I went on my facebook and saw more of the same comments there. You'd think these people had shares in these companies lol

the way i see it...for what i pay for the service, i have some say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 01:43 PM) *
I agree, my cable bill is a bit under $200. And I have the big 4, if you can call the other two big lol. I like the shows for HBO but Showtime is coming up. As far as movies I'll watch Starz or Encore, hell..even Cinemax before Showtime. It's messed up but they get everybody else's left overs. Maybe that's why their so invested in boxing now, it's no secret that they need subscribers

the only reason i got cable was for the boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 25 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

My cable bill is about $140/monthly...so I enjoy my shit to the fullest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just because HBO doesn't want to do business with GBP, that doesn't mean squat when it comes to my shows. I HAVE TO watch my True Blood during the summer. Shit, boxing is so fickle and unpredictable nowadays, so I dont lean on it too much, until the first bell rings.

Showtime has some pretty good shows, and I'm almost willing to say that they are nearly even in series competition, but everyone can judge for themselves.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 25 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #44

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 03:56 PM) *
refresh my memory.

I'm sure Mayweather had a hand in that...look how quickly his relationship with HBO soured after that, just thinking about it now I'm not all that shocked that he bolted for Showtime/CBS

Remember he would praise HBO when Greenburg was there and even Greenburg himself, as soon as Greenburg was shown the door, Floyd started complaining about the way he was portrayed on 24/7 and then the Merchant incident happened and he's been voicing his displeasure for HBO coincidentally or maybe not since Greenburg left..fast forward to present day and Greenburg is assisting Showtime in some capacity now. Funny how things work out I guess. But let's be real Hershman is definitely a boxing guy but he was always a second class citizen to Greenburg. He just doesn't have what Ross Greenburg has in temrs of compelling boxing content. If this Mayweahter/Greenburg/Showtime situation last long then their definitely going to be putting their feet on HBO's neck

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 25 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #45

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Unless I am mistaken 24/7 was floyd mayweather's idea.. does he get any royalties for his idea from HBO?

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 25 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #46

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Am I the only one who is super pissed Starz cancelled the series Boss?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 26 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #47

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 26 2013, 12:07 AM) *

Cancelled?! Really?! That was a pretty good show, for the few episodes that I actually sat down and watched. What a bummer

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 26 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 25 2013, 10:19 PM) *
I'm sure Mayweather had a hand in that...look how quickly his relationship with HBO soured after that, just thinking about it now I'm not all that shocked that he bolted for Showtime/CBS

Remember he would praise HBO when Greenburg was there and even Greenburg himself, as soon as Greenburg was shown the door, Floyd started complaining about the way he was portrayed on 24/7 and then the Merchant incident happened and he's been voicing his displeasure for HBO coincidentally or maybe not since Greenburg left..fast forward to present day and Greenburg is assisting Showtime in some capacity now. Funny how things work out I guess. But let's be real Hershman is definitely a boxing guy but he was always a second class citizen to Greenburg. He just doesn't have what Ross Greenburg has in temrs of compelling boxing content. If this Mayweahter/Greenburg/Showtime situation last long then their definitely going to be putting their feet on HBO's neck

very good points. the only thing missing from hbo was quality match ups and great commentary. they have both at showtime now. greenburg is pretty good at packaging it all. the reason they let him go was because he passed up on pac/mosley. that turned out to be the right decision. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 26 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #49

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 25 2013, 09:19 PM) *

Well, for certain we know it will atleast last 2 years. RM hinted that FMJr would be out of the ring in 2 years so I speculate that should that be true that Jr will still stand by SHO by giving them numerous fights with his up & coming boxers on the TMT roster.
Plus it is looking more like Broner will be coming over to SHO as well should his date with JLC Jr clash with HBO's schedule and they wind up putting JLC Jr ahead of Adrien.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 26 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #50

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 25 2013, 10:07 PM) *

What? Where did you see hear this?! FML, that was my show....Everything is turning into reality tv and quality shows are hard to come by now

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:29 AM