Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGG and JCC jr., predictions?
ryustuh
post Jan 8 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

jus saw the articles on GGG. glad he's getting some real time interviews and exposure on the site. i think making the fight with JCC would be a wise move. it would further establish GGG's name in the division (even though JCC's performances have been lackluster as of late), set GGG up for bigger matches (serg, ward) in the future, and in my opinion, is an easier fight for him than some of his previous opponents like rosado.

bad news for JCC if he takes the bait and signs something. his conditioning/activity output looked piss poor against vera and serg. sure he has a great chin, but i don't think he's ever felt raw brute power like GGG's. i think gennady would go to the body early and actually end up stopping JCC within 7-8. given JCC's horrible work ethic recently, i don't have much faith that he'll be any better coming into this fight if he takes it. senior must be so pissed...

thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jan 8 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Chavez is a bull and can take the punishment...think refs stop this in the middle rounds tho.GGG winner by TKO

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jan 8 2014, 11:01 AM) *
Chavez is a bull and can take the punishment...think refs stop this in the middle rounds tho.GGG winner by TKO

GGG does not have the power to knock out that pot head. I actually like Jr. in this fight, he does have a punch and iron chin, but knowing Jr. he will disappoint.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 8 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 02:33 PM) *
GGG does not have the power to knock out that pot head. I actually like Jr. in this fight, he does have a punch and iron chin, but knowing Jr. he will disappoint.

I was thinking the same thing. wish he would of said fuck it and worked wit Garcia and ariza again, ariza at least kept him in top shape and on weight. would have made the fight a little more interesting.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 8 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 01:33 PM) *

maybe not enough to get a KO, but i could see him dropping and stopping JCC with a left hook to the liver. JCC has that high guard when he's pressed up against the ropes and leaves his sides open for the taking.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jan 8 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #6

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 02:33 PM) *

Well he might..def dont think he would KO him tho.Think his face is gonna look like road kill tho after 7/8 rounds

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2014, 02:31 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

GGG isn't as a big monster as you guys make him out to be. People around here were saying that Sergio would "decapitate" him...that didn't happen...he almost got stopped. GGG has yet to deal with the size and pressure that Chavez provides.

Had we placed a sig bet on the Broner/Maidana fight, a lot of yall would be rockin' a sig with some man in a rainbow-colored thong by now, lol. That fight SURELY didn't go the way most of yall planned for it to go.

Point is, Julio's not that same plodder who takes punches, just to give them back. He's actually using his head and feet more, throwing straight punches, and working behind his jab...as we saw in the Vera fight. Even if he was the old MW powerhouse that he used to be, GGG wouldn't just go in there and have his way with him.

Tired of these "monsters" being built up, just to get boxed to death and outlasted by somebody with less power and the actual wherewithal to outwork them.

By the way, at what weight would this take place...168, maybe?

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 8 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2014, 03:31 PM) *
Point is, Julio's not that same plodder who takes punches, just to give them back. He's actually using his head and feet more, throwing straight punches, and working behind his jab...as we saw in the Vera fight. Even if he was the old MW powerhouse that he used to be, GGG wouldn't just go in there and have his way with him.

i dont think rosado or mathew macklin qualify as plodders who take punches just to give them back. i think buddy mcgirt did wonders for macklin, and matt actually shows some good head movement as well as some slickness behind a solid jab. rosado too has some moderate-good defense and throws a variety of fast punches. not saying these are the best boxers in the world, but they are some very tough opposition that ggg virtually walked through. and given that brian vera (whose natural frame seems comparable to GGG) was able to bull-rush his way in to land some decent shots on JCC, i would think that ggg would have no problem doing the same. rumor has it that abel sanchez spars gennady with cruiserweights and light heavyweights so i dont think the bigger size in JCC would matter that much. if you were to throw gennady in with a better boxer like sergio or cotto then, there'd be more discussion as to what problems ggg would face.

would think that the fight would have to take place at 168 for JCC's sake.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Jan 8 2014, 02:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 8 2014, 02:48 PM) *
i dont think rosado or mathew macklin qualify as plodders who take punches just to give them back. i think buddy mcgirt did wonders for macklin, and matt actually shows some good head movement as well as some slickness behind a solid jab. rosado too has some moderate-good defense and throws a variety of fast punches. not saying these are the best boxers in the world, but they are some very tough opposition that ggg virtually walked through. and given that brian vera (whose natural frame seems comparable to GGG) was able to bull-rush his way in to land some decent shots on JCC, i would think that ggg would have no problem doing the same. rumor has it that abel sanchez spars gennady with cruiserweights and even light heavyweights so i dont think the bigger size in JCC would matter that much. if you were to throw gennady in with a better boxer like sergio or cotto then, there'd be more discussion as to what problems ggg would face.

would think that the fight would have to take place at 168 for JCC's sake.

I never said that THEY were plodders...I meant that Chavez isn't the same plodder that he used to be. Just because Vera was able to "bull rush" his way in to land shots, doesn't mean that GGG can. Besides, is GGG even the "bull rush" type? Vera did it because he didn't have the true strength to box his way in.

Sparring and an actual fight are different...regulation gloves, money, and the will to win have MUCH to do with that difference. You're not fighting for your life when you're sparring...big difference. These sparring rumors sound good, but how true are they? The whole thing about GGG dropping HWs in sparring...again, how true is that? Can anybody confirm it, or is it true just because HBO was pushing the story for their own agenda?

You're saying that COTTO of all people, would give GGG problems??? Who was the last big puncher that Cotto fought? Foreman? Mayorga? Trout? Mayweather? Rodriguez? Margarito? He hasn't faced a big puncher since Manny, and if you wanna go back further, we can say Shane.

Cotto would get worked against GGG, and that's not even me boosting GGG up. Cotto needs to fight the RIGHT middleweight...the same way Floyd has been fighting the RIGHT 154 lbers...just like Juan fought the RIGHT WW in Manny...you see what happened Juan fought Bradley...wrong WW for him.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 8 2014, 03:08 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2014, 03:59 PM) *
I never said that THEY were plodders...I meant that Chavez isn't the same plodder that he used to be. Just because Vera was able to "bull rush" his way in to land shots, doesn't mean that GGG can. Besides, is GGG even the "bull rush" type? Vera did it because he didn't have the true strength to box his way in.

Sparring and an actual fight are different...regulation gloves, money, and the will to win have MUCH to do with that difference. You're not fighting for your life when you're sparring...big difference. These sparring rumors sound good, but how true are they? The whole thing about GGG dropping HWs in sparring...again, how true is that? Can anybody confirm it, or is it true just because HBO was pushing the story for their own agenda?

You're saying that COTTO of all people, would give GGG problems??? Who was the last big puncher that Cotto fought? Foreman? Mayorga? Trout? Mayweather? Rodriguez? Margarito? He hasn't faced a big puncher since Manny, and if you wanna go back further, we can say Shane.

Cotto would get worked against GGG, and that's not even me boosting GGG up. Cotto needs to fight the RIGHT middleweight...the same way Floyd has been fighting the RIGHT 154 lbers...just like Juan fought the RIGHT WW in Manny...you see what happened Juan fought Bradley...wrong WW for him.

i agree sparring and fighting aren't nearly compatible so i'll give you that. and for the sparring rumors - i'm going by interviews with abel sanchez and youtube clips showing GGG sparring much bigger opponents (can't say that they're HWs). so i'll give you that as well - maybe abel's just doing his part to hype up GGG fair enough.

you mention the will to win and how it has a huge impact in a real fight. has jcc shown that will as of late? sure he caught serg in the last round and got amped, but the first 11 rounds he was a lazy ineffective bum. and i hardly saw any will in his fight against a lesser opponent in vera. i mostly saw a gassed, fatigued, and out of shape JCC who was trying to last through the rounds.

i'm not saying ggg wouldn't work cotto. i agree with you i'm sure he would too. i'm saying better BOXERS like cotto, serg, and andre ward would give gennady more problems than someone who would just go in and try to impose their size and will against him.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:46 AM