IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Morales-Garcia II: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, New Spoilers, or Public Streams
BigFightFan
post Oct 20 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #221

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:22 AM) *
Yeah, Zab would've been a great addition, but he's with Main Events. I can imagine them wanting an arm and a leg to co-promote with GBP because Zab's their boxer.

Ha!! I didn't think that Alexander/Bailey was that bad. Styles make fights, shorter guy vs. taller guy who wasn't active etc.

Bailey put forth a piss poor effort, like he only wanted to cash out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 20 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #222

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:24 AM) *
Agreed. Traver was good, but something about his voice, along with that annoying ass laugh of his, often made me forget how corny Al Bernstein's jokes/punch lines were for him (Traver) to even laugh at.

But that's just me I suppose lol.

Agreed, Tarver seemed a bit too "Hollywood" at times, but the substance of his comments were mostly good to go.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 20 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #223

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Bailey put forth a piss poor effort, like he only wanted to cash out

I hear you. Although he isn't the most active guy and that was his whole plan, land the big punch etc.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 20 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #224

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:20 AM) *
Ha! We'll see...

Fantastic night of boxing by GBP. I enjoyed every bout, even Alexander/Bailey.

Agreed

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 21 2012, 12:23 AM) *
video will be up soon

Make it fast sir!

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Agreed, Tarver seemed a bit too "Hollywood" at times, but the substance of his comments were mostly good to go.

Man, yall leave my uncle Tarver alone. He belongs on Showtime!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 20 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #225

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 12:04 AM) *
Leonard Ellerbe is in the crowd, so we might see Garcia Mayweather in May.

I doubt it, but it sounds good. Out of all the potential money out there, why settle for a guy with whom NO ONE would give a shot at winning. That spells NO MONEY.

Assuming the fight happens, it would most likely be at Floyd's comfort zone 147, but how does Garcia jump over all the top ranked contenders and champions in the division? By knocking out Khan? Cause it damn shore can't be for knocking out Morales.

I don't see the potential draw, and I don't even believe Garcia's fathers mouth is big enough to sell the fight.

But that's just my simpl opinion, let's see what Floyd does.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 20 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #226

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:29 AM) *
Man, yall leave my uncle Tarver alone. He belongs on Showtime!

More than my uncle Roy belongs on HBO???

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 20 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #227

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:43 AM) *
I don't see the potential draw, and I don't even believe Garcia's fathers mouth is big enough to sell the fight.

I want to agree with you, but it all depends on what Danny does from now to Jan. If he's able to make another decent account for himself. then I dont see why not. I do agree with you though, but of you think about it, Danny did beat the guy (Khan) that the media (even HBO) was building up to face him. They could play off of that.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 21 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #228

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:49 AM) *
I want to agree with you, but it all depends on what Danny does from now to Jan. If he's able to make another decent account for himself.

The Khan fight was a start, but he's gonna have to do a whole lot better than Morales. It was a great knock out to end a legends career, but it ain't making much noise if ask me. He has to prove that he is at an Elite/More deserving level to get a shot at any cash cow. Ortiz even had more credentials than this guy before he even got to Berto. Yup, I said it lol.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #229

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 21 2012, 01:02 AM) *
The Khan fight was a start, but he's gonna have to do a whole lot better than Morales. It was a great knock out to end a legends career, but it ain't making much noise if ask me. He has to prove that he is at an Elite/More deserving level to get a shot at any cash cow. Ortiz even had more credentials than this guy before he even got to Berto. Yup, I said it lol.

You gotta think about it, he took Khan's place as the runner-up when he beat him in that convincing fashion. You're telling me that beating Matthysse, Rios, or anybody else at 140, will warrant a Mayweather fight?

I cant agree that Ortiz had a better resume, but let's be real, had he not beat Berto, nobody would've thought about him fighting Floyd. Ortiz was built up by Oscar, but Danny is the unified champ, so it's even in that aspect.

I cant say that Ortiz had a better resume prior Berto. He got wacked against Maidana, but other than that....an old Vivian Harris, E. Clottey, A. Diaz, an old Nate Campbell, and a formidable Lamont Peterson who he fought to a draw with.

I can actually see this fight happening, if Danny has a fight in Jan. and looks good. I was about to say something else, but it left my mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 21 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #230

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 01:10 AM) *
You gotta think about it, he took Khan's place as the runner-up when he beat him in that convincing fashion. You're telling me that beating Matthysse, Rios, or anybody else at 140, will warrant a Mayweather fight?

I cant agree that Ortiz had a better resume, but let's be real, had he not beat Berto, nobody would've thought about him fighting Floyd. Ortiz was built up by Oscar, but Danny is the unified champ, so it's even in that aspect.

I cant say that Ortiz had a better resume prior Berto. He got wacked against Maidana, but other than that....an old Vivian Harris, E. Clottey, A. Diaz, an old Nate Campbell, and a formidable Lamont Peterson who he fought to a draw with.

I can actually see this fight happening, if Danny has a fight in Jan. and looks good. I was about to say something else, but it left my mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

To be continued till tommorew Cshels, for now, I'll leave u with "if his next scrap isent up against a 147lbs. Credited Welterweight, then let us agree to disagree on this topic.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:21 PM