IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Bradley (then & now), Who would win and why?
Khan vs Bradley
How does it play it play out? How would it have played out?
Bradley (then), Bradley (now) [ 2 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan (then), Khan (now) [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Bradley (then), Khan (now) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Khan (then), Bradley (now) [ 7 ] ** [70.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Just had to know everybody's opinion of this fight.

I say "then" and "now", because of their experience level at that point in time (2011), and where they are now (2014).

Since then, Khan has fought:
1. Judah
2. Peterson
3. Garcia
4. Molina
5. Diaz
6. Collazo (scheduled for May 3rd)

Since then, Bradley has fought:
1. Casamayor
2. Pacquiao
3. Provodnikov
4. Marquez
5. Pacquiao (scheduled for April 12th)

Who had the better competition BEFORE the fight was being entertained back in 2011, and who has the experience edge...if they were to fight at the end of this year?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Apr 8 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

voted bradley then and now. now is easy...tim's more seasoned, he's more comfortable in big name fights, and he's starting to listen to his corner more. back then is a little trickier, but i still think bradley's tenacity would get him the W.

misread the question tho lol thought poll was asking who would win then and now. if we are talking competition level, bradley is still more seasoned now and has the edge over khan. amir had the bigger fights earlier in his career.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Apr 8 2014, 11:22 AM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 8 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

bradley had the stlye to give khan problems then ...now might be more of the same but i really wanna see what happens with collazo ...as hunter stated his name is on the line with this fight and im curious to see how amir conducts himself throughout the fight.

bradley then undecided right now

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Interesting answers here...

I voted for Khan back in 2011, and Bradley in 2014. Reason is, and I believed this back then, Khan's height, movement, and handspeed would've seriously disturbed Tim. I don't remember Tim fighting anybody with that many advantages back then, even though he never has the height advantage.

However, nowadays, Bradley's fought a faster fighter in Pac, and Khan doesn't fight the way he used to...he's a little more relaxed than he used to be. Bradley would surely have learned from the previous fight, though he gets emotionally wrapped in fights and wants to hurt guys so bad, that he usually gets caught coming inside.

Does anybody believe that Khan's height advantage would serve as an issue for Bradley?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Apr 8 2014, 12:19 PM) *
voted bradley then and now. now is easy...tim's more seasoned, he's more comfortable in big name fights, and he's starting to listen to his corner more. back then is a little trickier, but i still think bradley's tenacity would get him the W.

misread the question tho lol thought poll was asking who would win then and now. if we are talking competition level, bradley is still more seasoned now and has the edge over khan. amir had the bigger fights earlier in his career.

Nah you read it right sir, lol. Since the fight never happened, I was asking for a hypothetical prediction, but then I thought..."hell, how would this fight play out nowadays?"

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 8 2014, 12:31 PM) *
bradley had the stlye to give khan problems then ...now might be more of the same but i really wanna see what happens with collazo ...as hunter stated his name is on the line with this fight and im curious to see how amir conducts himself throughout the fight.

bradley then undecided right now

Define "style", as far as Bradley being able to give Khan problems. He's a bully, but really, how good is Bradley at cutting off the ring? He'd need to do it against Khan (back then), who moved a lot.

Lmao at "undecided"...you would make it complicated, but I would like to know why it's undecided. Trust me, it doesn't have to make too much sense...hence why it's "undecided". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Apr 8 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Khan is a much better come forward fighter it plays to his advantages and he'd have to take the fight to bradley the whole night so it plays to his strengths. I think Khan still beats Bradley. The more I watch Khan's loses and close fights the more respect i'm gaining for the kid, in his loses he showed lots of heart and the two times he's been stoppped he ate some monster punches to lose. Get Khan to stop going wild when he gets tagged and he'd be a credible threat to anyone...just my opinion tho.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 8 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I believe Amir would've win back then because of his speed and activity. I don't think Bradley would've had the answers for that kind of activity back then but I say Bradley now and I say slightly he would win. He's faced the better opposition as of late and Amir even with one of my favorite trainers, isn't the same guy he used to be mentally. Still he could win this fight because Tim can't hit. I could see Khan dropping him with a body shot. Tim Bradley today is different form the time period in which they were going to fight. If he can control the distance and pace of the fight then I can see him winning a UD against Khan

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 9 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Bradley then (SD, great fight), Bradley now (UD).

Very close fight the first time around for reasons stated by most of you guys, Khan has some advantages but, idk, Bradley overall was the better boxer.

Now it's a different story.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 10 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Define "style", as far as Bradley being able to give Khan problems. He's a bully, but really, how good is Bradley at cutting off the ring? He'd need to do it against Khan (back then), who moved a lot.

Lmao at "undecided"...you would make it complicated, but I would like to know why it's undecided. Trust me, it doesn't have to make too much sense...hence why it's "undecided". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

tim would have took the same aproach he did in the devon fight boxing would have gotten him an l that night and with khan back then ...we know what happens to khan when he gets baited into brawls..either a ko or no room to work his footwork n boxing tactics. as far as cutting off the ring thats not really his foretee' lol. khan did move alot and i by no means would say itd be easy but tims intangibles at the time trumped khans ....jmo.....i wanna see if hunter has turned around khan. in my eyes khan is one of the better talents in the sport even though i cant stand dude his only real weakness is his ego and willingness to engage if Virgil has erased this engage king Kong mentality then i think he boxes his way to alot of easy victorys ...i mean the kid has heart lets be real he goes down and gets back up you gotta like that about him ...and tim ive always liked hes proved alot over the years and dosent get the credit or rep deserved(even with pac1 loss) for his pedigree. i just feel a more relaxed khan would have his way..but like i said ill wait till may 3rd to give my official stamp so im undecided till i see if amir is really "re-programmed"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 02:34 AM