IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
emd01
post Apr 21 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

Floyd is going to retire undefeated and thats if he fights Canelo or not. In a few years Canelo might actually be able to pull it off against Floyd when he gets his grown man strength and his balls drop but atm he's still learning on the job and making improvements. Floyd would pick him apart no matter how much he weighed fight night. Iinm Ortiz was close to 170 fight night wasnt he?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Apr 21 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

okay folks, lets not get ahead of ourselves..

i see that canelo has the tools to beat may ( power, speed ect).

but hes gonna have increase his work rate to more than a few hard right hands and uppercuts to find floyed.

plus lets not forget the fact that canelo is an all natural jr middle, size would play a factor hear.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

I know this thread says Mayweather vs Alvarez but the weight difference immediately makes me think of another living legend called Sergio Martinez.

THATS the fight that needs to be made. Canelo vs Martinez. The winner of this can call out Floyd.

And they can come down to 154 for the fight.

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Apr 21 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

I think y'all are getting ahead of yourselves. While Canelo did look very strong and fast...and his head movement has improved dramatically, I still saw a lot of things that would hurt him against Floyd. Trout was inaccurate and slow and I still feel like he boxed Canelo up a bit. If Floyd has any legs left he can potshot Canelo all night. It'd be his toughest fight though.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 21 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Mayweather's accuracy and ring IQ is key here. If and when he fights Canelo, he has many tools in his toolbelt that he can use. But I am of the opinion that the longer this fight is put off the tougher it'll be for Floyd to get a win.

Canelo showed some improvements, his head movement was impressive, I expected to see him throw combos but he didn't do it but he landed the more telling blows. He has some serious stamina issues and Mayweather can use that to his advantage....Mayweather-Alvarez is one of the best fights to be made in boxing, hopefully it comes to fruition, I definitely don't want to go through another Mayweather-Pacquiao like situation

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 21 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 21 2013, 01:39 AM) *
You know undoubtedly this will be the talk for the next few weeks. it will get ramped up even more should Mayweather beat Guerrero. What will Mayweather's excuses be?? Alvarez doesnt fight for Arum---check! He is available---check!! he wants the fight---check!! He's a big draw---check!!

I think Alvarez size and youth would prevail should this fight come off. Thats why it aint gonna come off, but i'll wait and see what the excuses are...

LOL, Alvarez showed so many holes in his game last night with his wild, wide swinging and missing and he gets too tired out taking shots to the body; Floyd will exploit all of that if he mans up and faces Mayweather. When Saul was asked if he wanted Floyd next, he stuttered and was nervous as a hooker in church.

Floyd will destroy that boy, he has too many weaknesses that he discovered last night vs Trout which is why he didn't call out Floyd and balked when asked about facing him.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Apr 21 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (un01 @ Apr 21 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Everyone wants to see Mayweather fight Martinez and Alvarez, but the size advantage is just too much. We might see those fights down the road but we're definitely not gonna see them now, especially this early in Floyd's Showtime contract. Most likely, we're gonna see Mayweather vs Danny Garcia in September, the back and forth with Angel Garcia and Floyd Sr. Should be hilarious lol, then we'll probably see him fight Alexander.

Mayweather-Canelo=$$$$$$. This fight is definitely being made down the line. Currently thats the most lucrative fight in boxing. I'm just waiting to hear the views for last nights bout.

Mayweather-Martinez would be a legendary fight and i know Im REACHING but id like to see Floyd test himself at 160 for another title in another weight class. Both fighters are gettin ready to leave the game soon. Why not give the fans a legendary fight? But as i said Mayweather-Martinez at 160 is a push althouhg i wouldn't complain if it happened.

I think DSG fights 2 fights at welter before figthing Floyd. 2013 is to soon for that fight to materialize. Fighting either Alexander, Brook, or Purdy in december depending on how things go. Alexander Purdy winner is expected to fight Brook in August when hes healed up and ready to go.

Also those wretched WBC rankings have Amir Khan ranked #2 at welterweight i think. So i Feel theyre trying to make that Mayweather Khan fight happen behind closed doors.

But really theres no one for Floyd to fight besides Canelo, MAYBE martinez, and Alexander/Brook/Purdy winner. So whether the weight differences are to big or not these are really the only viable opponents.

I wouldnt be able to take a mayweather Garcia fight or mayweather kahn figth seriously. Only thing special about mayweather amir kahn is that amir khan would bring money to the table and people would credit him as a threat because virgil hunter in his corner. Virgil cant take away his chin.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Apr 21 2013, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
ROME
post Apr 21 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 1,535

QUOTE (un01 @ Apr 21 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Everyone wants to see Mayweather fight Martinez and Alvarez, but the size advantage is just too much. We might see those fights down the road but we're definitely not gonna see them now, especially this early in Floyd's Showtime contract. Most likely, we're gonna see Mayweather vs Danny Garcia in September, the back and forth with Angel Garcia and Floyd Sr. Should be hilarious lol, then we'll probably see him fight Alexander.

Good points by everyone in here. Glad to see people thinking logically. Canelo was a light heavyweight last night. If they were actually the same size, at this point Floyd would likely dominate Canelo just based on pace and endurance alone. One thing that Trout did from time to time is not let Canelo rest. That seemed to work, somewhat. The difference here is the Floyd is so much more accurate than Trout that he would have been able to better exploit Canelo's periods of inactivity.

That said, Canelo may have a near 30lb advantage on Floyd. If Floyd opted not to fight him, I wouldn't be inclined to call that ducking. Canelo, who may actually be a natural middle/super middle weight, might just be squeezing himself down to Jr. Middle, and should really be looking for Chavez, Martinez or even Golovkin (who says he would come down to Jr. Middle for a fight of that caliber).

If I were Floyd, Canelo would have to fight me at welterweight. I took a chance with DLH and Cotto and was outsized and uncomfortable in both. Canelo is bigger than both of them. Too much of a weight advantage here. At this point in his career, Floyd can do want he wants. He shouldn't be seeking the young up and comer Canelo. Canelo should be seeking him; IF he wants to prove himself. And seeing as how he is apparently looking for that fight, no catch weights; find me at welter.

+Quote Post
ROME
post Apr 21 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #19

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 1,535

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Well this is where I give Manny Pacquiao credit, Floyd if he fights Saul should ask for a hydration clause limit. Now he will catch so much hell for it but it would make the fight fair. I would say Saul could not rehydrate more than 7 pounds maybe even 5. That is the only way that I would fight Saul.

I completely agree. The issue is, YES, he would definitely catch heat for it. Honestly, I don't see Floyd doing that. I don't even think he'll require Canelo to come to welterweight to fight him, though that would make the most sense. I just think that if Floyd fights him and scrapes by and even loses at Jr. middle, people will completely ignore the fact that he would have been at such a disadvantage in terms of size. It's a bit of an unfair advantage IMHO. Floyd does not squeeze down to welterweight. His fight night weights are likely not much more than the welterweight limit. This would almost be like asking Canelo to fight Andre Ward, considering his in-ring weight. I'm not even sure Ward would outweigh Canelo by as much as Canelo would outweigh Floyd by, come fight night.
That said, that would clearly be an unfair fight for Canelo so I wouldn't consider it ducking if he chose not to fight a fighter who outweighed him by 25-30lbs come fight night. I apply the same principle with respect to Floyd fighting Canelo.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #20

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

QUOTE (un01 @ Apr 21 2013, 07:11 PM) *
Khan is completely off the radar. I don't think He'll be an option for another 1 or 2 years. Whether its Alexander, Purdy or Brook, those are all fights that don't bring in much dollar wise, but will be a fight he'll have to take since the well is dry. I think he'll end up fighting Garcia first. Since he has a little buzz going on, it will be a more profitable fight. Yeah, Floyd will get a lot of flak for fighting someone coming up in weight, but I'm sure Floyd will rather be criticized than kill himself with fighting these middle weights or take less money fighting guys like Alexander or Brook. Floyd will just give the old damned if I do, damned if I don't speech, lol

The Canelo fight will definitely happen, though. That's too much money to ignore. I think Golden Boy is gonna sit on it for a while and have him fight Cotto to build up more hype.

Canelo is there as an option and if he's there and De La Hoya is offering him up. He could take Alexander, Brook, Khan or another low draw at welterweight instead but Mayweather always goes for a BIG draw after a low one. So I think Canelo MIGHT get it but it could be talk. We shall see.

Another option is for him to head to the UK this fall to take on Khan or Brook. Either would be a big draw.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:39 PM