IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Agbeko-Mares II-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Public Streams, or Discussion of PPV Card
Cheesey1
post Dec 4 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 4 2011, 12:05 AM) *
BTW... Agbeko cant fight inside to save his life. EVERYTHING is a jab or straight. His hooks looked horrible. He had no uppercut to speak of. The uppercut is there all night. Donaire will stope Mares on an uppercut, IMO. Agbeko was too slow and didnt have the diversity in his aresenal. Didnt the guy who fought Darchinyan look just like Agbeko?? He fights like him too. They should fight each other. I hope they wear the same color trunks that night too.

From what I saw, the fight was mostly an outside fight. Mares did land some shots to the body, but I thought that he also fought from the outside and overall, Agbeko's outside game did more damage. I agree though, Agbeko didn't show me that his inside game is where it should be if he wants to clearly beat boxers like Mares.

I missed the undercard, so I didn't see Agbeko's twin.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Dec 4 2011, 09:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 4 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #12

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Lol did i not call it? EASY WORK for Mares. Lol it was obvious the first fight, mares had more tools and more ring iq. He took agbeko to school fighting a completely different style! Counter punching the majority of the fight and rocking agbekos at times. Left joseph crying, dazed and confused after that brilliant onslaught. Way to go Mares!

This post has been edited by Seek: Dec 4 2011, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 5 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

am i the only one who saw mares foul blatantly in the opening rounds and the ref get in agbeko and his corners shit for complaining about it!? mares was kidney punching him, pulling his head down and hit him low a few times. mares is a dirty fighter and doesn't have to be. he has skills. i think the dirty tactics are a weakness or lack of confidence. the ref sucked and i thought this fight was decided when it was made. agbeko was a fool to think he would get a fair shake in cali. his statement at the end was just him not wanting to sound like he was complaining. mares did outwork him and landed the better shots. agbeko was killing him with the jab but didn't follow it up with anything significant. disappointing fight to watch.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 5 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

moreno is the slickest fighter in the division...i'd love to see him fight mares, agbeko, donaire, arce...or anyone. dude can box!!!

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 6 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 5 2011, 04:00 PM) *
am i the only one who saw mares foul blatantly in the opening rounds and the ref get in agbeko and his corners shit for complaining about it!? mares was kidney punching him, pulling his head down and hit him low a few times. mares is a dirty fighter and doesn't have to be. he has skills. i think the dirty tactics are a weakness or lack of confidence. the ref sucked and i thought this fight was decided when it was made. agbeko was a fool to think he would get a fair shake in cali. his statement at the end was just him not wanting to sound like he was complaining. mares did outwork him and landed the better shots. agbeko was killing him with the jab but didn't follow it up with anything significant. disappointing fight to watch.

I wasn't able to pay attention to the initial rounds, so I missed that. The rounds that I did see where by no means a steal for Mares and I gave the fight to Agbeko because his jabs were definitely catching and hurting Mares( plus he definitely threw enough to make the damage count), but as was mentioned earlier you've got to have a good inside game too when fighting top boxers.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:39 PM