IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo vs Mayweather almost finalized for Cinco de Mayo weekend?
sduck
post Dec 17 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #51

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

The only fighters right now that I can think of that deserves a fight with Floyd is Bradley, Marquez, Pacquiao, and Martinez. You can throw out Bradley and Pacquiao; not happening. Marquez? Yeah the same fight we already seen. So Sergio it is, or you guys can stop bitching and give NAMES a chance. "Oh he didn't do anything", yeah but he has a name, you know he'd be a challenge anyway, give somebody a chance, otherwise he can't fight no body.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 18 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #52

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 17 2012, 10:56 PM) *
The only fighters right now that I can think of that deserves a fight with Floyd is Bradley, Marquez, Pacquiao, and Martinez. You can throw out Bradley and Pacquiao; not happening. Marquez? Yeah the same fight we already seen. So Sergio it is, or you guys can stop bitching and give NAMES a chance. "Oh he didn't do anything", yeah but he has a name, you know he'd be a challenge anyway, give somebody a chance, otherwise he can't fight no body.

I believe Martinez has a fight scheduled for April & rumor has it that he may give Chavez a rematch in Septmeber, so the Martinez fight won't happen in 2013. It would be an excellent finale for Mayweather in 2014 though (assuming Martinez don't lose in 2013) to face and beat the legit middleweight Champion of the world.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Dec 18 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #53

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 17 2012, 08:58 PM) *
it makes no sense for floyd to fight canelo on cinco de mayo and then fight guerrero in september on mexican independence day. i think the reverse will happen.

why you say that?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 18 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 18 2012, 05:43 PM) *
why you say that?

canelo is supposed to be the next big star. floyd says it's 2 more fights then he's done. why take on the next big star first? u save him for last...and go out with a bang. unless he feels that guerrero is the bigger threat...which may be the case.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 18 2012, 05:43 PM) *
why you say that?

As mentioned, it makes no sense for Floyd to fight Canelo in May, then go back and fight Guerrero in September...the big bang should done last, not first. It's almost as backwards as sliding your meat in first, then doing foreplay at the end. Waaay out of order.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 19 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #56

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Any new news on the actual validity of Canelo's comments?

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 19 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #57

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 19 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Any new news on the actual validity of Canelo's comments?

I think Schaefer confirmed talks were ongoing but the date for the fight wasn't set and although they will both be fighting on May 4th it may not be against eachother.

The again he said that he's confident that the May 4th card will smash PPV records and i don't see how that could be done if Mayweather is fighting Guerrero

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 19 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #58

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 19 2012, 12:48 PM) *
I think Schaefer confirmed talks were ongoing but the date for the fight wasn't set and although they will both be fighting on May 4th it may not be against eachother.

The again he said that he's confident that the May 4th card will smash PPV records and i don't see how that could be done if Mayweather is fighting Guerrero

That's what I read. And they haven't mentioned guerrero but their is speculation that it will be him with Canelo on the undercard. Makes sense

Wonder if Martinez or marquez have been thought of for mayweather. And I wonder who canelo would fight

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 19 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #59

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 19 2012, 08:24 PM) *
That's what I read. And they haven't mentioned guerrero but their is speculation that it will be him with Canelo on the undercard. Makes sense

Wonder if Martinez or marquez have been thought of for mayweather. And I wonder who canelo would fight

Maybe but i don't think Floyd will fight either of them and i honestly don't have a clue who could fight Canelo except Trout at the moment

+Quote Post
BoxingThrone
post Dec 19 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #60

Amateur

Member No.: 13,783

I still don't know how Mosley weathered 12 rounds against Canelo. That kid had mean intentions behind his punches. Canelo is the one fighter that I've seen come along recently where I'd be concerned about Floyd getting the "W". Floyd couldn't stand in front of him like he did Cotto because I think Canelo would punish his body. Floyd would have to be patient, counter-punch him and then step away. This would be no time to prove a point. Use Canelo's own aggression against him. Give him a boxing lesson.

The unknown is what happens to Canelo when HE gets fed a healthly dose of gloves to his face. Does he become unraveled? Lose it in the ring like V. Ortiz?

The other unknown is "when is Floyd going to get old before our very eyes"? It happens to most of the greats ... and they never see it coming.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:42 PM