IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's Next For Tim Bradley? (Topics Merged)
daprofessor
post Nov 19 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 19 2012, 12:38 AM) *
I unno, I haven't see any slick in-game from Bradley, which I think is perfect for shutting down Rios if you fight him in the pocket. Bradley is okay at range, but typically likes to get in, wild, and sloppy. So WHO KNOWS?

alvarado was having his way with rios when he was doing his best impression of a boxer staying behind his jab. bradley can do that and then some.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 19 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 17 2012, 06:17 PM) *
the thing is, can he really keep Rios away?

Now, that sir, is the $20 question.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 26 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think Bradley is sitting on his ass waiting for another big fight. But he needs to get busy and fight somebody! In this article, published in September BEFORE the recent Berto-Guerrero fight-(note that Berto is mentioned) Bradley's manager looks at opponents. Instread of Berto, how about a Bradley-Guerrero fight?

Here is the article:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/9/20/33626...hbo-boxing-news

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 26 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I don't think he is sitting on his ass at all, if anything arum put him on his ass because he isn't complying with him. He said he wants rios not alvarado, and he's right. He beat pac he shouldn't be fighting the losers of a fight. I have a feeling he's gonna stay on the shelf for a while

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 26 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #15

The Consultant

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 26 2012, 02:00 PM) *
I don't think he is sitting on his ass at all, if anything arum put him on his ass because he isn't complying with him. He said he wants rios not alvarado, and he's right. He beat pac he shouldn't be fighting the losers of a fight. I have a feeling he's gonna stay on the shelf for a while

I agree that Tim should be fighting Rios, not Alverado!

Jack

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 26 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 26 2012, 10:55 AM) *
I think Bradley is sitting on his ass waiting for another big fight. But he needs to get busy and fight somebody! In this article, published in September BEFORE the recent Berto-Guerrero fight-(note that Berto is mentioned) Bradley's manager looks at opponents. Instread of Berto, how about a Bradley-Guerrero fight?

Here is the article:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/9/20/33626...hbo-boxing-news

Jack

The only way this fight happens is if GBP rents Bradleys services for the night. And thats only if Bob Arum allows that to happen. Neither outfit is interested in doing a co-promotion. With that said, im in, sign me up. But it wont happen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 26 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I heard this last week, but maybe Arum squeezes in a Bradley/Rios fight in the next couple of months with the scorecards fixed for Rios. He could push Manny's fight date to June...it's not like he hasn't changed Manny's date before.

That way, the loser of Bradley/Rios (which will be Bradley by Robbery), can go on to face JMM, while the winner faces Manny in June...which will be Rios. At the end of the year (Nov or Dec), the winner of Bradley/JMM (which will be Bradley), can face a "revived" Pacquiao, after he beats the shit out of Rios in June.

In the meantime, Bradley is stuck until Arum figures out how he's going to shuffle the cards. Pac/Rios sounds like it's set in stone for April, but that could be a smoke screen to build Rios up a bit. What in the hell is up with Bradley thinking that he was gonna get a $10M guarantee in a Pac rematch, when Manny's opponents usually cap off at $5M?

Being that the fight didn't sell much, there's no way that THAT much money was gonna be available for Tim and Manny to split in a rematch. Oh no...no, no, no. NOW, if Tim beats the man that WILL beat Manny in Dec (JMM), I'm sure something could be worked out...maybe not $10M for Tim, but something close.

Too bad he turned down that $2M+ "stay busy" rematch against Lamont, now he's lost in the sauce...until Bob extends the olive branch. Too bad Arum's got a wild hair up his when it comes to Timmy....we see though.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 26 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Tim Bradleys career is the epitome of "be careful what you wish for"! He sold his sold to the devil (Arum lol). He shitted on more than worthy opponents. He not only got his dream fight but won. Ultimately, it may end up being the biggest roadblock in his career.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 26 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #19

The Consultant

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 26 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Tim Bradleys career is the epitome of "be careful what you wish for"! He sold his sold to the devil (Arum lol). He shitted on more than worthy opponents. He not only got his dream fight but won. Ultimately, it may end up being the biggest roadblock in his career.

Very possible,

It's all up to how Arum shuffles the cards to the strong money-making Mexican/Latino population. If fact, Oscar does the same thing with Golden Boy Promotions, probably the ONLY thing on which he and Bob do, and do well together.

Case in point, it does leave Tim sitting on his ass. Bradley won't put asses in the seats unless its a big name fighter in the other corner. Problem for Tim is that he is forced to wish for big paydays that may come too late, even if they come at all, and they may not come at all.

A Bradley-Rios fight from an unbiased view is contingent on Tim being able to keep Brandon away. If he can, look for a Rios-Abril II type of fight. Only this time, it's Bradley who will likely get shafted on the scorecards like Abril was against Rios, and like Manny was against Bradley. If Bradley can't keep Rios away, than Rios may actually get a fair verdict. But, Rios needs an Alverado type fighter to make him even better than he will ever be against an elusive mover. Despite the terrible scorecards, if you can't handle Richard Abril movement, how do you handle Tim Bradley movement? A better fighter than Abril with more experience.

Bob Arum is looking to build up Rios. Potential gifts may be coming his way. Can't say the same for Tim Bradley.

Jack

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 27 2012, 05:23 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 19 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Now, that sir, is the $20 question.

I think he can make Rios miss, but not discourage him coming forward because he has no pop in his punches.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:13 AM