> FNF: Barthelemy-Usmanee (SPOILERS), Stream and Results Within
Jack 1000
post Jan 6 2013, 02:14 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Shocked no comments about it!

For starters, I only saw the last round, and Teddy Atlas' rant. The local Cuban out of Miami (Barthelemy) got what appeared to be a horrible hometown unanimous decision over the Canadian Usnamee. Most observers, based on what I have read, had Usmanee between 116-112 to 115-113. Atlas had it 117-111 for Usmanee:

Starts about 1:08.

What do you think about Teddy's demand for a federal boxing commission? I would support a national commission, but don't trust the feds to run it:

http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-watch-o...-fullbroadcast/

Jack

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 6 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

I loved Atlas' list for 2013 for boxing. He rubs some people the wrong way but IMO he's rest for the sport because he wants to see it thrive and at it's best.

I watched the whole card and overall it was a solid night of boxing. But the decision was terrible. Barthelemy could've made things easier for himself. His opponent was there to be hit and he landed the left hook seemingly every time he threw it

His problem was he kept squaring up against Usmanee and giving him no angles. That was some clear cut hometown cooking and it kinda sucks that boxing had to start off the new year that way

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Jan 6 2013, 03:56 AM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

I had it 115-113 Usmanee. Some press and fans tweeted after the fight, most scoring 116-112 Usmanee

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 9 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Interesting article on the Fight-Credit: Fightnews Canada.

http://www.fightnews.ca/usmaneebart.cfm

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 9 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

And here Barthelmy's manager and others say that he deserved the win: (From Proboxing-fans.com) This is almost like a "FUCK YOU" TEDDY ATLAS response:

Some suggest that watching the fight without commentary will produce a more accurate result:

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/margules-bar...usmanee_010813/

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 9 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Box Rec has many people who saw a closer fight with Teddy's biased commentary off:

http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=161050

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 9 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 6 2013, 02:14 AM) *
Shocked no comments about it!

I forgot to mention that we usually cover FNFs and ShoBox bouts in Cheesey's "Weekend In Boxing" threads. I have to go back and watch this one thoroughly, because I seemed to be on autopilot Friday night when it aired. I definitely cant forget Teddy's rant at the end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Priceless!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 9 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2013, 12:31 PM) *
I forgot to mention that we usually cover FNFs and ShoBox bouts in Cheesey's "Weekend In Boxing" threads. I have to go back and watch this one thoroughly, because I seemed to be on autopilot Friday night when it aired. I definitely cant forget Teddy's rant at the end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Priceless!

Thanks CShel,

We should just put a SPOILER note in Cheesy's "Weekend in Boxing." when the bouts are about to go on. (Edit the Title and/or Subtitle as needed) I will note that for the next card, but you can remind me too! All the big deal fights for HBO, Showtime, and PPV will still have Spoiler Threads and on-going results pinned.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 9 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

I think some reasons for the outrage could be:

1.) Not one official judge gave Usamnee the fight, in a match that it seemed 75% had him winning from 115-113 to 117-111. At least Bradley-Pacquiao, which I thought was a lot closer than HBO had, (scored 116-113 for Manny) had a split decision.

2.) If those cards would have had one card for Usmnee, it would have reflected a closer fight from the officials.

3.) I don't think there was corruption here, but the two judges Doresett and Green simply gave all close rounds to the hometown fighter, (Barthelmy) and there were close rounds according to many people.

Jack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:46 AM