Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thurman vs. Broner or Broner vs. Figueroa
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Which one would you rather see and why? Who do you have winning each fight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

thurman beats broner.

broner demolishes figueroa.

neither fight will happen anytime soon.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 02:07 PM) *
thurman beats broner.

I think the fight can happen next year with Broner and Thurman. Maybe on a major undercard as the co-event. I don't think Golden Boy would be willing to put Omar in a ring with Broner. Omar has star written all over him, so they will build him up step by step. I doubt if Broner stays at 135 much longer.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 29 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Im still not sold on Thurman. He can be beat to the punch. And I believe Chaves was on the way to stopping Thurman if he doesnt gas out. Broner is really small, compact, and hard to hit clean. Thurman can punch but he's not going to give Broner angles or doesnt have the hand speed Paulie had. Im just not all that impressed with Thurman.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 29 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 05:07 PM) *
thurman beats broner.

haha said exactly what i thought but with less words.

I wasn't sure about Thurman until i saw him against Chavez, he proved he has the skills to pay the bills. Chavez was fast and strong with a defense, right when it looked like he was gonna take Thurman out, homeboy went into sage mode. Got used to Chavez's speed and was able to avoid his power and adjust his movements to get into the right spot and land the precise shots, put chavez down with 1 body shot. Broner has a solid defense but Thurman would end up imposing his will on Broner. If Broner shells up, he will either get his guard broken through or Thurman will feint him, keep moving and select his openings. Thurman has the speed to match broner, the power to hurt broner, and the IQ to beat Broner. This would be no Mismatch, the broner i saw against Paulie would've got hurt against the Thurman i saw against chavez. But anything could happen, Thurman has my vote though.

I like Figueroa but he would get picked apart by Broner, he needs to work on his defense.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 29 2013, 09:09 PM) *

I wasn't sure about Thurman until i saw him against Chavez, he proved he has the skills to pay the bills. Chavez was fast and strong with a defense, right when it looked like he was gonna take Thurman out, homeboy went into sage mode. Got used to Chavez's speed and was able to avoid his power and adjust his movements to get into the right spot and land the precise shots, put chavez down with 1 body shot. Broner has a solid defense but Thurman would end up imposing his will on Broner. If Broner shells up, he will either get his guard broken through or Thurman will feint him, keep moving and select his openings. Thurman has the speed to match broner, the power to hurt broner, and the IQ to beat Broner. This would be no Mismatch, the broner i saw against Paulie would've got hurt against the Thurman i saw against chavez. But anything could happen, Thurman has my vote though.

I like Figueroa but he would get picked apart by Broner, he needs to work on his defense.

i might catch heat for saying this...but thurman is the real deal. he has a lot of tools and showed some serious depth in that match up. he was doing stuff that the commentary team missed. i thought the first four rounds were closer than they made them out to be...and he was definitely landing some very good shots. after the four rounds...chaves was breathing hard from missing so much...and thurman was looking like he was just getting started. that right hand of chaves was no joke! thurman would let him throw it....roll with it last second....and counter with the check left hook.it takes some seriously high level skill to do that. the kid has the goods and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. i can't see too many guys that can beat him at 147. with a little more development...hopefully he gets a shot at floyd before he retires.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jul 29 2013, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Jul 29 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 08:33 PM) *
i might catch heat for saying this...but thurman is the real deal. he has a lot of tools and showed some serious depth in that match up. he was doing stuff that the commentary team missed. i thought the first four rounds were closer than they made them out to be...and he was definitely landing some very good shots. after the four rounds...chaves was breathing hard from missing so much...and thurman was looking like he was just getting started. that right hand of chaves was no joke! thurman would let him throw it....roll with it last second....and counter with the check left hook.it takes some seriously high level skill to do that. the kid has the goods and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. i can't see too many guys that can beat him at 147. with a little more development...hopefully he gets a shot at floyd before he retires.

Thurman was not about to be stopped. Thurman made adjustments...brain is key...conditioning and mental toughness brought em through....I don't care what anybody says....THAT'S MY DUDE!!!!!!

DON'T WORRY BOUT THE HEAT...ONE TIME...ONE TIME!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jul 29 2013, 09:58 PM) *
Thurman was not about to be stopped. Thurman made adjustments...brain is key...conditioning and mental toughness brought em through....I don't care what anybody says....THAT'S MY DUDE!!!!!!

DON'T WORRY BOUT THE HEAT...ONE TIME...ONE TIME!

totally agree. he was never seriously hurt. he took chaves' best shots clean and didn't even blink!!! one time is a threat for everyone at 147.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 29 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

id like to see the maidana thurman or broner thurman. thurman vs cotto would be nice too

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 29 2013, 08:09 PM) *

I think he got Thurman a few times, maybe not visibly hurt but Thurman was gassing but not as bad as Chaves. But they were both definitely gassed

True, the Broner that showed up against Malinaggi would lose to Thurman, but I want to see how he grows into the weight class with a few more fights. Then maybe it would be a different fight

I don't think he has Broner's speed, I just don't see that. If they were to fight this year I'd side with Thurman to beat Broner bt if we're talking this time next year give me MR. Band Camp by decision, his upside is way more then Thurman's

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 06:53 AM