IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #211

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Am actually glad it wasn't stopped. Bradley deserved a chance to come back and thats what he did

They all deserve a chance to fight on, according to the fighters themselves...Bradley was just smart and strong-willed enough to follow through. Alvarado should take a page from Bradley's book before he gets stopped again next weekend. LOL

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 06:03 PM) *
i didn't think bradley was ever hurt enough for them to stop the fight. he was reacting well...even when he was hurt. it reminds me of cotto. cotto has been rocked like that more than once and each time he was totally aware and took away the follow up shots that didn't allow his opponent to finish him.

I've NEVER seen Cotto with his legs looking like noodles. If anything, Cotto used his legs to survive, it just so happened that the guy across the ring from him was fast enough to catch up with him.

You're right, Bradley was doing all of the right things to keep the fight going, JUST when you'd think the ref would step in and stop it. I remember that one rally, when he was against the ropes, in the "oh shit, the ref's about to stop it position", but instead, he decided to match Ruslan punch for punch til the bell sounded.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 20 2013, 08:10 AM
Post #212

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Why in the world is ruslans team filing a protest??? I think were underestimating bradleys power because he punched this motherfucker silly! Yea it was a close fight but i still think it was pretty clear Bradley won the fight. No need for this, ruslan had a great showing, there's no shame in that loss.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 20 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #213

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Protest for what? Freddie Roach admitted he was behind on points prior to starting the 11th and was threatening to stop the fight if he didnt prove he could hurt Tim because he knew they needed a knockout. They knew he had given away too many rounds.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 20 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #214

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Supposedly Bradley had to cut massive weight just to make the 147lb limit. He was supposedly up to 187lbs, which is uncharacteristic from him....I believe he said at one time that his walk around weight was in the 150s or 160s

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #215

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Supposedly Bradley had to cut massive weight just to make the 147lb limit. He was supposedly up to 187lbs, which is uncharacteristic from him....I believe he said at one time that his walk around weight was in the 150s or 160s

I remember them mentioning his weight when he walked to the ring, but did it happen before THIS fight? I wasn't sure I heard them correctly. As much as I want to say that the weight could've been an issue for him in this fight, I'd be wrong.

Any Tom, Dick, and Jane that was swinging as wildly as he was, without ANY head movement, would've had the Bambi legs if one of those Ruslan rockhouse hooks landed.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 20 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #216

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2013, 02:55 AM) *
They all deserve a chance to fight on, according to the fighters themselves...Bradley was just smart and strong-willed enough to follow through. Alvarado should take a page from Bradley's book before he gets stopped again next weekend. LOL

Maybe they should take a knee, but I think the decision should be left to either the fighter, or his corner.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #217

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Maybe they should take a knee, but I think the decision should be left to either the fighter, or his corner.

MG, you already how I feel about professional fighters taking a knee. LOL

That pisses me OFF when they refuse to take a knee. I could've killed Alvarado for not taking a knee in the Rios fight! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 20 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #218

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 12:39 PM) *

I do remember seeing some pictures of him looking rather tubby. And he did have a long layoff, let's not forget he also fought at like Jr middleweight in the amateurs

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 20 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #219

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Protest?! Are you serious? Even if you thought you won the fight, no way can you protest. Your trainer was about to stop the fight. His face looked like the cold cut salami I got from the deli in the grocery store the other day lol

I had Bradly winning the fight. Would it have been a travesty if he lost on the cards... probably not but c'mon. Ruslan was getting beat to a pulp all night. If you protest, it should be for fights like Campillo vs Cloud or Malinaggi vs Diaz 1. You protest blatant robberies. Not close fights. Provodnikov looked like prune face from the Dick Tracy cartoon by round 3 or 4

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 20 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #220

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 20 2013, 03:14 PM) *
I do remember seeing some pictures of him looking rather tubby. And he did have a long layoff, let's not forget he also fought at like Jr middleweight in the amateurs

It was reported that he gained weight due to depression form not getting the respect he deserved for beating Manny. Glad he doesn't do drugs. We could have saw an Oliver McCall situation in there.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:49 AM