IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Berto vs. Guerrero-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Hatton Comeback
Jack 1000
post Nov 24 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all comments on the Berto-Guerrero fight.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Nov 24 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Dear God, please give us that good'ol Berto with mean uppercut and speed. Make him move, use footwork and jab effectivelly so we don't have to deal with Guerrero begging for the undeserved Mayweather fight ever again. Amen

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Totally agree with Mit, on his hopes for this evening's fight. "Hopes" being the operative word here...LOL

Still...I'm not sure which Berto shows up tonight. Berto looked a bit drained at the weigh-in yesterday and Guerrero looked a bit soft around the waist...let's see how that plays out. I know one thing for sure, Berto may take it a bit easy in the early rounds, just to be sure that it doesn't kick him in the ass if the fight happens to go to the later rounds.

It will of course happen that way, if Berto happens to respect Robert, if he doesn't, then we'll see the same old counterproductive Berto that starts fast, and ends up in some shit in the mid and late rounds. That inactivity and injury is definitely going to play a part, but it depends on Berto's conditioning and mental stamina.

Guerrero on the other hand, better pull a Victor Ortiz (in his own way), and be sure to finish in style...Im talking a TKO here. He has quick hands (not as quick as they were at the lower weights), and knows how to make it work. Head movement will be Guerrero's best bet tonight, if not, then he'll be another scrub on Berto's highlight reel.

Im just happy about this matchup, and for the first time in a while, I don't have a prediction. I will make my prediction based off of the first round...watching Berto's post inactivity pace and also the possibility of one of them landing something big to gain respect.

Who knows

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Nov 24 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Super Featherweight

Totally agree, C'.

I might be home to actually see this fight - it starts at about 4 am in Czech republic and knowing me, I think thats about that time I will be coming back home buzzed enough to power through seeing Guerrero winning, which I think will actually and unfortunantelly happen.

Guerrero is on the way up and he is determined as he wants that fight with Floyd. This leads me into thinking he will not take loss for an answer tonight. Berto has too many questions above his head - will he "show up" , is all that PED scandal behind him, is he focused ? I guess we have to wait and see. I don't have a prediction either but I got a hunch that Berto will lose this one - TKO. Can't believe I said it...need to get some liquor ASAP.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 24 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

'll take Guerrero by SD. But it only takes one big power shot from Berto to throw that out the window. The downside is how Berto will react to the inactivity and PED controversy by being in the ring with the busier fighter. "The Ghost" can do more and throw more, but Berto throws fewer and harder. I think Berto's quickness may be over-rated. He seems sloppy at times. "The Ghost's" ability to win will be if he can stand up to Berto's punching power, as well as the issues of Berto's inactivity outside the ring. Berto has shown that he has been able to come back in a great to sided fight like against Ortiz. Guerrero has struggled sometimes in fights that were supposed to be easy. Too hard to call.

Jack

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 24 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

I say Guerrero 7 rounds to Berto's 5.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 24 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Totally agree, C'.

I might be home to actually see this fight - it starts at about 4 am in Czech republic and knowing me, I think thats about that time I will be coming back home buzzed enough to power through seeing Guerrero winning, which I think will actually and unfortunantelly happen.

Guerrero is on the way up and he is determined as he wants that fight with Floyd. This leads me into thinking he will not take loss for an answer tonight. Berto has too many questions above his head - will he "show up" , is all that PED scandal behind him, is he focused ? I guess we have to wait and see. I don't have a prediction either but I got a hunch that Berto will lose this one - TKO. Can't believe I said it...need to get some liquor ASAP.

You have Guerrero by TKO?! How many pints have you chugged Mit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Really though, I wouldn't rule it out though. If you're getting home at 4am after a long night of drinking, you're proooobably gonna be a but more than buzzed. Lol. I guess I catch ya when you drop back in.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 24 2012, 03:53 PM) *
'll take Guerrero by SD. But it only takes one big power shot from Berto to throw that out the window. The downside is how Berto will react to the inactivity and PED controversy by being in the ring with the busier fighter. "The Ghost" can do more and throw more, but Berto throws fewer and harder. I think Berto's quickness may be over-rated. He seems sloppy at times. "The Ghost's" ability to win will be if he can stand up to Berto's punching power, as well as the issues of Berto's inactivity outside the ring. Berto has shown that he has been able to come back in a great to sided fight like against Ortiz. Guerrero has struggled sometimes in fights that were supposed to be easy. Too hard to call.

I agree with the above...Berto's strength will be the factor here.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

As for the Quintana/Thurman fight...I like Thurman, but its obvious that still has a liiiitle bit of work to do. Im all for a fighter taking their time in fights, getting in rounds, and so on...but he should've gotten Lora out of there quicker than he did. Lora has a helluva chin, so HOPEFULLY that was the reason he took all of Thurman's big shots.

I think I saw Thurman get a bit tired in the Lora fight, who knows. Quintana just doesn't give a fuck at this point of his career. He KNOWS that he can upset a guy, so he'll take punches to land his own. He isn't the worst that I've seen from fighters who fight like this, and it's obvious that he's made a few changes after watching the Latimore fight.

I actually have Quintana giving Thurman a hard fight...maybe even upsetting him. That would TRULY suck for Thurman, but shit happens in boxing. If Quintana gets past Thurman, then we could see him in the ring with either Carlos Molina, or if he stops Thurman, he could be in line for a Canelo fight, cause we ALL know that Canelo AINT gonna fight an able-bodied 154lber any time soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Nov 24 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

Ok, im pretty sure i will survive an upset now, so bring it on Guerrero.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 24 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Should be very competitive. Picking Berto. Thurman over Quintana.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Nov 24 2012, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:18 AM