IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chavez Jr. vs Golovkin OFF..., ...wait...was it ever, on?
Cshel86
post May 11 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #81

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

All of this probably would've been different...had he finished Sergio off
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 12 2014, 01:54 AM
Post #82

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2014, 09:11 AM) *
All of this probably would've been different...had he finished Sergio off

I'd love to think that but if that was the case Mikey wouldn't be having trouble. Top rank is living in the past with the way these guys are being treated. The mob tactics have got to stop!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 12 2014, 02:48 AM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 10 2014, 10:03 AM) *
bob arum is such a piece of shit forcing people to make contract extensions or not giving them the fight they want. but thats boxing for you. i would have taken the deal for julio for 7 million, and the 1 fight extension, 5 if he loses, 10 if he win s. thats a pretty good fuckin deal for julio at this point. he copuld have fought ward afterwards. after that just leave top rank. if they try to not give you the ward fight, then just fight a mathew maclin type guy and move on. this manager is stupid in my opinion, you dont ever let bob arum know your leaving. just take the 2million guarantee with no extension and move on, it comes down to what do you want:

do you want to leave bob?

or do you want to make the most money?

take the pick that is most important to you and cut your losses and move the fuck on. not to mention where is there for julio to even go? Golden boy has 175ers that would eat julio alive, and then they have 3 middleweights who are sub par. all the 168 big name guys are at hbo/top rank. i dont see what the big deal is, yeah bobs a piece of shit, but theres just no dance partners on the other siude of the street.

bika, dirrells little bro, Kessler are all very beatable. And I believe bika or Dirrell have a belt

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 12 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 12 2014, 02:54 AM) *
I'd love to think that but if that was the case Mikey wouldn't be having trouble. Top rank is living in the past with the way these guys are being treated. The mob tactics have got to stop!

Actually, I think it would've helped him a bit. I'm not sure how much it would've helped, but it would've shaken some things up, especially in the division, had he beaten Sergio. That would've been another rematch (and a possible rubber match) in Bob's pockets, and I would go as far as saying that Julio would've earned those bigger paydays, rather than opting out of an extension that had big paydays attached to it.

At the end of the day, it's just a bad situation. Just before the Andy Lee fight (or shortly after), Julio and Bob were going at it about an extension, but I guessed things worked out. I don't agree with the extensions/strong arm tactics from Bob, but if Juio dealt with it two years ago, then he should've seen it coming this time.

Cant' he sit out of fighting in the US and fight in Mexico until his contract is up? Maybe? Maybe not?

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 12 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #85

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2014, 08:03 AM) *
Actually, I think it would've helped him a bit. I'm not sure how much it would've helped, but it would've shaken some things up, especially in the division, had he beaten Sergio. That would've been another rematch (and a possible rubber match) in Bob's pockets, and I would go as far as saying that Julio would've earned those bigger paydays, rather than opting out of an extension that had big paydays attached to it.

At the end of the day, it's just a bad situation. Just before the Andy Lee fight (or shortly after), Julio and Bob were going at it about an extension, but I guessed things worked out. I don't agree with the extensions/strong arm tactics from Bob, but if Juio dealt with it two years ago, then he should've seen it coming this time.

Cant' he sit out of fighting in the US and fight in Mexico until his contract is up? Maybe? Maybe not?

That would be in his best intrest if he could...not sure though

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:08 AM