> Floyd Back With His Dad
Franchize
post Feb 15 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 15 2013, 07:38 AM) *
Your being a little bit too cynical. Sr has been waiting in the wings for a decade. Plus Floyds not a kid anymore. Do you really think Srs gonna waltz up in the gym and boom, " hate this, hate that, change this, change that?" They only have 8 weeks or so. How much could he change Floyd really?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) LMAO @ "hate this, hate that, change this, change that" Like some sort of interior decorator.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 15 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (truth @ Feb 14 2013, 05:19 PM) *
I agree the type of boxer mayweather is going to be with sr. Is defensive and that combined with accurate punches makes a long night for whoever he fights. Also with him going to jail he will be stronger making him punch harder

"If that's what you say bruh" lmao
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 14 2013, 06:54 PM) *
All i see is prolly the best Mayweather 24/7 yet..

Same Mayweather in the ring tho

yea, hearing Floyd was gonna train Jr actually made me want the Alexander fight just so him and Cunningham could go at it. Cause honestly Floyd is gonna emberrass guerrero on 24/7. Robert just tries so hard and just comes off as corny and a hypocrite. He preaches all this Christianity stuff but he hangs out with nothing but cholos yet he's from gilroy lol..

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

could this possibly be because of floyd's poor performance against cotto?

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 15 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 04:12 PM) *

Great point! This could be exactly the reason he brought his dad in, but Roger should be apart of camp as well. Sick or not Roger should be apart of the camp

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 15 2013, 07:19 PM) *
Great point! This could be exactly the reason he brought his dad in, but Roger should be apart of camp as well. Sick or not Roger should be apart of the camp

floyd talked all that shit about loyalty to his uncle blah,blah,blah...and cotto not having loyalty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this shit happens all the time. i don't know rogers situation....but it's an easy excuse and roger doesn't seem like the type to rock the boat for floyd. there are a lot of of ways to look at this...but i honestly believe floyd sr is the reason for all that skill. i've seen them both put in work and watched them teach. it's clear to me, floyd sr is the best boxing mind in that family. there's no denying floyd jr or rogers accomplishments....but floyd sr knows his shit.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 15 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 04:25 PM) *
floyd talked all that shit about loyalty to his uncle blah,blah,blah...and cotto not having loyalty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this shit happens all the time. i don't know rogers situation....but it's an easy excuse and roger doesn't seem like the type to rock the boat for floyd. there are a lot of of ways to look at this...but i honestly believe floyd sr is the reason for all that skill. i've seen them both put in work and watched them teach. it's clear to me, floyd sr is the best boxing mind in that family. there's no denying floyd jr or rogers accomplishments....but floyd sr knows his shit.

If that were the case Jr. would have gotten rid of his uncle years ago. I honestly believe Roger is on the down slide plus it seems that he really has a close relationship with his dad, but who knows what happens behind closed doors. Do you really think Floyd had a bad performance against Cotto? Wow.
I thought it was a tough fight and Floyd knew that going in. Whoever he picks I am sure it will make for interesting television especially with his dad in the picture. I am sure 24/7 will open up its series with showing the clip of that infamous fight between father and son. Then they will go from there. The show will be around if father and son can get along. We shall see. THis shit really sales itself.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 15 2013, 07:32 PM) *
If that were the case Jr. would have gotten rid of his uncle years ago. I honestly believe Roger is on the down slide plus it seems that he really has a close relationship with his dad, but who knows what happens behind closed doors. Do you really think Floyd had a bad performance against Cotto? Wow.
I thought it was a tough fight and Floyd knew that going in. Whoever he picks I am sure it will make for interesting television especially with his dad in the picture. I am sure 24/7 will open up its series with showing the clip of that infamous fight between father and son. Then they will go from there. The show will be around if father and son can get along. We shall see. THis shit really sales itself.

before i comment...anyone else keep getting these annoying ass pop ups???

floyd is on the downside. anyone in their 30's and beyond usually is...

compared with floyds' usual standards...you hardly ever see him lose a round...yes...he had a bad performance in comparison to his others. that's not a knock on floyd by any means. cotto is no slouch.

if floyd pics guerrero...it's going to be a very tough night for him. i can't see him picking anyone else. especially not alexander.

i think canelo/trout should be the main event.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 15 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 05:05 PM) *
before i comment...anyone else keep getting these annoying ass pop ups???

floyd is on the downside. anyone in their 30's and beyond usually is...

compared with floyds' usual standards...you hardly ever see him lose a round...yes...he had a bad performance in comparison to his others. that's not a knock on floyd by any means. cotto is no slouch.

if floyd pics guerrero...it's going to be a very tough night for him. i can't see him picking anyone else. especially not alexander.

i think canelo/trout should be the main event.

Interesting, I think the bar is set high. Hell Floyd lost rounds against De La Hoya. I mean Cotto is still a dangerous fighter. I thought it was a very good scrap and it showed Floyd has heart and some fight in him. i enjoyed it!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 16 2013, 02:28 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 15 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Interesting, I think the bar is set high. Hell Floyd lost rounds against De La Hoya. I mean Cotto is still a dangerous fighter. I thought it was a very good scrap and it showed Floyd has heart and some fight in him. i enjoyed it!

Yea but dlh won rounds based mostly on activity. Cotto was (and always does) doing a good job of timing his jab and disrupting floyds rhythm. I honestly don't see guerrero doing that, has turned more into a phone booth type brawler since his long layoff. He used to box a bit but now he just lives in his opponents chest which I think maybe his downfall if he fights Floyd. He may rough mayweather up but he busts up real easy and I think floyds shots in the pocket will eventually be too much for him.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 16 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 05:12 PM) *

Poor performance ?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:09 AM