Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Antonio Margarito
The Original MrF...
post Oct 27 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I suspect Margarito had the same wraps in the Cotto fight that he was preparing for Mosley. The trouble is proving it a year and a half after the issue. Its really a dead issue. Margarito cant be prosecuted for something that hasnt been proven. Cotto's team(like Mosley's) had an opportunity to watch as they wrapped Margarito's hands. They declined to be there. There were Cali state officials there for the wrapping(supposedly). They saw no issue. Cotto cant cry if his trainers declined to be there. Mosley's guy was there and did his job. Also we are dealing with a situation where Margarito never used the wraps, so he's technically committed the equivalent of ATTEMPTED assault in the ring. He never made it to the ring with the felonious wraps.

I think he should box again. Illegal wraps in Boxing, could be equated with too much pine tar on a bat in baseball or using performance enhancers in track. Its cheating. The only trouble is in boxing, it could get someone killed. Margarito was lucky that he got caught BEFORE the fight and not after. In other sports, since cheating isnt really life threatening, they just strip the athlete or discount his stats or forfeit the game. In boxing, you could and should catch a charge because its a life and death issue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maelstrom
post Oct 27 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #22

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,577

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 26 2009, 05:35 PM) *
I've watched many of Cotto's fights and he has never been sliced up like that before. Not even close. Yes he does cut, but never to that extent. Cotto's defense is not top notched, but it's better than average and much better than Margaritos.

How can you say for sure that Margarito didn't cheat against Cotto? It sure looks like he did. You think all of a sudden Margarito and his team got a wild hair up their ass and decided to do it against Mosley. After he beat Cotto like he did there should of been no reason to cheat against Mosley. Especially considering Cotto had already beat Mosley.
Cotto's defense is below average..especially for the uppercut...Tony's favorite punch.

If Tony's gloves were loaded Cotto would be dead.

Vegas officials WATCHED as Margarito's hands were wrapped..get over it..there was no cheating.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Oct 27 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

Vegas officials WATCHED as Margarito's hands were wrapped? Big fucking deal, Joe Cortez likes to say he's 'firm but he's fair' before each fight and we all know that's a load of B.S

Although nothing can be proved it defies logic that Marg and his camp decided to load up against Shane Mosley who had looked decidedly laboured when beating Mayorga only the fight before but didn't bother to load his gloves against Cotto?

It doesn't take too much of a leap to go from A to B to C in this particular case.

How will Marg look when that cheating fucktard is allowed to return?

I'm with CEO, the guy's washed up finished. The only waepon Margs had was the mystique that he couldn't be hurt and that basically freaked out a lot of his opponents, now they've seen he's human that potency is gone. Think a much MUCH inferior version of the Tyson mystique after his losses to Douglas and Holyroids respectively.

I don't want to see him get another paycheck but I DO want to see him take another pounding.

+Quote Post
maelstrom
post Oct 27 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #24

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 27 2009, 05:41 AM) *
Vegas officials WATCHED as Margarito's hands were wrapped? Big fucking deal, Joe Cortez likes to say he's 'firm but he's fair' before each fight and we all know that's a load of B.S

Although nothing can be proved it defies logic that Marg and his camp decided to load up against Shane Mosley who had looked decidedly laboured when beating Mayorga only the fight before but didn't bother to load his gloves against Cotto?

It doesn't take too much of a leap to go from A to B to C in this particular case.

How will Marg look when that cheating fucktard is allowed to return?

I'm with CEO, the guy's washed up finished. The only waepon Margs had was the mystique that he couldn't be hurt and that basically freaked out a lot of his opponents, now they've seen he's human that potency is gone. Think a much MUCH inferior version of the Tyson mystique after his losses to Douglas and Holyroids respectively.

I don't want to see him get another paycheck but I DO want to see him take another pounding.
Tony never had any mystique...maybe online....but never in boxing.

Tony got busted in Cali because he already had his gloves on before the officials arrived.

That wasn't the case in Vegas..where the officials are ALWAYS there WATCHING as the taping is done.

He was forced to re-wrap for the SAME reason Tito was a few years earlier...ILLEGAL SHIT.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Oct 27 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 26 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Loaded gloves is worse mexican.

You forgot to mention known roider Vargas...I wonder why??.

RJJ never tested positive for steroids.

Shane did boxing a favor by stomping that cheating roach.

I'm not a Mexica, though I do happen to love the hell out of the way they tend to fight.

I think that most atheletes in most sports were roided up in the 90s, Vargas, Roy, Mosley, and probably Tyson.

The reason that Roids might be worse is because they give such a speed and power advantage. Loaded gloves are probably more dangerous than faster/harder punches, but roids have given so many atheletes (McGuire, Sosa, ect.) such huge advantages in their relative sports that it would make sense that the advantages would be similar in boxing - with the difference being that boxing is such a dangerous sport.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 27 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #26

BANNED IN THE USA

Member No.: 1,018

Then what happened to those sources close to Mosley who knew about his steroids and said that they thought steroids will do him good but no... that boxers don't benefit from steroids.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 27 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #27

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Maragrito's done at the top level IMO.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Oct 27 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 27 2009, 09:43 AM) *

He'll get another shot against a guy like Clottey or maybe even a rematch with Cotto if Cotto loses to Pac.

+Quote Post
maelstrom
post Oct 27 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #29

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 27 2009, 09:43 AM) *
Tony was at the top level??

I missed all of that.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Oct 27 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 26 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Loaded gloves is worse mexican.

You forgot to mention known roider Vargas...I wonder why??.

RJJ never tested positive for steroids.

Shane did boxing a favor by stomping that cheating roach.

Maelstrom I think what the Roy detractors who say that are referring to is when Roy fought Richard Hall. I can't remember what it was that he tested for after the fight but Roy said it was "Ripped fuel". What funny is Ripped Fuel is a fat burner which was probably used to make weight. I'll look it up but the ingredient found was a byproduct and consistent with whats in Ripped Fuel if I recall.

Tony never had any mystique...maybe online....but never in boxing.

Say it LOUD!!! Maxboxin was exactly the place. You would have thought those victories in over Manny someone and Kermit Cintron were the stuff legends were made of in 2006 six.

Here's my thoughts. I have a hard time believing Tony not only can make 147 but he does it and is effective. Since he'll have to move up, I have a great match for him that I KNOW he won't take and thats Daniel Santos.

I also believe his hands were loaded against Cotto. Judges nowadays can hardly judge a fight, your'e giving the officials credit to really monitor hands when the trainers that do this probably do it pretty slick in how they hide the layer?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:32 AM