> Broner/Maidana
mrchitown
post Jul 27 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 27 2013, 02:28 AM) *
I didnt think that was racial. It was more pointing out what a step n fecthit Mayweather Jr jr was. he might as well do press conferences in Black face. As Chris Rock says, Mayweather jr jr takes us back about 72 years. So much for progress. Just my 2cents.

As to the fight... I'm looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how Maidana approaches Mayweather Jr jr. Will it be Devon Alexander all over again(who I think Maidana does much better against in a rematch) or will it be the Maidana of the Ortiz/Khan fights. Is mayweather jr jr more like Alexander or Ortiz?? Who will be the bigger dude that night?? If Mayweather Jr jr comes in bigger then i think he gets Maidana by SD12. If Maidana comes in looking bigger, I think he stops Jr jr. its that simple. This is a fight between guys who may not be their best at 147 YET. I think Maidana is much more adjusted than Jr jr, so we'll see what happens. Great fight between two good fighters.

That could be viewed as being a racist remark. Just like your comment of step in fetchit. In my personal view if I was somewhere and somebody made a remark like that I'd feel the need to say something to them, that's just me though
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 27 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Interesting matchup and if Broner is the real deal then he can definitely make a case for himself with a win in this fight. Maidana has shown such improvement under Garcia and then longer this fight goes the more I expect to see the little wrinkles that Garcia is adding to his game. I expect Broner to win by UD though, his chin and resolve will be tested but I think he wins because Maidana seems to still be hit table and the skill and speed of Broner will carry him to victory in this one

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 27 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 27 2013, 01:50 AM) *
You look at their styles tendencies confidence sometimes. Styles make fights not past opponents, Alexander dominated a wide come forward slugger in maidana but struggled with a straighter puncher in Lucas. Also Lucas and Bradley did better jobs in cutting off the ring, maidana often resorts in literally chasing. Broner would be wise to move as he did in the litzau fight and pick his shots, if the ko comes let it come. If he fights flat footed as he did with demarco, paulie, and de Leon it could be disastrous.

Triangle theories are not very telling in boxing, its more complicated than that

you just used past opponents and triangle theories yourself to come to a conclusion, just as i did, and to say its a triangle theory would be incorrect, its "more cpmplicated than that."lol i was just comparing common opponents who have common styles, not jsut saying since this guy beat this guy then this guy is def winning. i was breaking down the fight itself and how i think its going to unfold. your slapping the term triangle theory on everything without even taking a true look at it. you misunderstood. What i said was we can use these things to make an assessment, and we can use those fights as a reference.

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 25 2013, 10:19 PM) *
This is a great point, but a point in favor of maidana, the fact that hes been dropped, hurt, stunned more than a handful, and never KOed. so what could broner possibly do to him? if broner lands his best punches, maidana will eat thgem and just start bombing. one thing about paulie, he cant get any respect with his power, so broner walked right thru him, maidana regularly pops speed bags, the guy is a freak, he will rock broners chin and broner will say, holy shit, and back down. Broner will realize he cant hurt maidana, and he bitch out. Hell pull a ponce de leon type of deal, and try to outbox and get a decision, but hes flat footed and doesnt possess the mindset to survive a natural stalker puncher like maidana.

If amir khan hurt maidana, yet maidana got up and proceeded to smaxk khans bitch ass all around the ring, and khan was able to stop paulie, then we can use this as some type of reference to what broner couldnt do with paulie, and we can make a small assessment that broner aint hurting maidana. maidana is a transformed fighter since hes fought khan, hes more well rounded.

josesito is no push over man. that guy can endure a shitload of punishment, and he gives it back at the same time, thats the perfect pre-fight for a fight with broner. on the other hand broner barely got a SD, and that hurt his confidence, i think hes second guessing himself. I cant wait for this shit.

That is not a triangle theory, that is just observing how both fighters react to different situations, in boxing. all im doing is comparing broners power with khans power, and maidanas ability to take a punch with paulies. thats called analyzing boxing. stop trying to discredit everything you see instead try to take something positive out of each post you read.

And there is no way to use a triangle theory in this situation because none of these guys have fought common opponents that were able to beat either fighter anyway. name one fighter who broner or maidana beat, that beat broner or maidana in return, for me to formulate a triangle theory? maidana never fought paulie, and khan never fought broner, so its impossible. if anything, its a quadrangle situation, becuz im comparing 4 fighters, but even then its not the same because i was just talking about power and chins and will, which is aspects of a fighter, not winning whole fights, so it is "more complicated than that," you just brushed over it without even reading what i really said.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 27 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Styles make fights not past opponents

so if you are trying to prove that triangle theory has no bearing because of alexanders win over maidana, then i say that styles do make fights, and past opponents play a big role in that. past opponents are what can change a fighters approach to that style the next time he sees it, making past opponents crucial, such as in maidanas case. Alexander is a pure boxer, with a decent ring IQ, an awkward southpaw style, and he has medium to little power at 47 just like broner. so lets do a ral triangle theory here, lets say alexander beat maidana, and so broner should be able to also, yet alexander used footwork, movement, and clinching to defeat maidana, he neutralized maidanas weapons, this is something adrian broner does not do, adrian does not clinch, ever, and alexander was clinching everytime maidana got set to throw, which was smart. the key word here is smart, something adrian doesnt like.

notice how Adrian was speaking like a brawler after the paulie fight by saying Paulie "got on his bicycle all night," implying that he was running like a bitch, not that he was "boxing on the move", something his idol is famous for? This shows me that broner has taken the mindset of a brawler or puncher. it makes me think he doesnt appreciate boxers anymore. so that makes me feel like he will probably not box like alexander did, and more or less try to please the fans by outpunching the puncher, after all this is a fight to please the fans, thats why hes going to fight marcos. and maidana can chase opponents sometimes, but thats absolutely irrelevant in this fight because broner be riding his bicycle aymore, so maidana wont have to at all, unless he does what i think hes going to do, and bitch out when he feels marocs power. but thehn hell be in survival mode so it wont even matter.

And boxing is all about triangle theories, thats what makes it so exciting, just because one guy beat another, doesnt mean that guy is beating the next guy. and yes they tell you alot, maybe you dont see it, but i do. what you can do is asses why a triangle theory exisist between 3 fighters, what aspects allowed each guy to beat the next, and how each fight unfolded, and how each fighter chose to fight in those circumstances, and what decisions were made from all angles by both men. its very telling, and very interesting, at least i think so. You see we cant really even discuss the fuckin fight whatsoever if you cut out what you consider "triangle theories."

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 28 2013, 02:35 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 27 2013, 11:34 PM) *
you just used past opponents and triangle theories yourself to come to a conclusion, just as i did, and to say its a triangle theory would be incorrect, its "more cpmplicated than that."lol i was just comparing common opponents who have common styles, not jsut saying since this guy beat this guy then this guy is def winning. i was breaking down the fight itself and how i think its going to unfold. your slapping the term triangle theory on everything without even taking a true look at it. you misunderstood. What i said was we can use these things to make an assessment, and we can use those fights as a reference.

That is not a triangle theory, that is just observing how both fighters react to different situations, in boxing. all im doing is comparing broners power with khans power, and maidanas ability to take a punch with paulies. thats called analyzing boxing. stop trying to discredit everything you see instead try to take something positive out of each post you read.

And there is no way to use a triangle theory in this situation because none of these guys have fought common opponents that were able to beat either fighter anyway. name one fighter who broner or maidana beat, that beat broner or maidana in return, for me to formulate a triangle theory? maidana never fought paulie, and khan never fought broner, so its impossible. if anything, its a quadrangle situation, becuz im comparing 4 fighters, but even then its not the same because i was just talking about power and chins and will, which is aspects of a fighter, not winning whole fights, so it is "more complicated than that," you just brushed over it without even reading what i really said.

so if you are trying to prove that triangle theory has no bearing because of alexanders win over maidana, then i say that styles do make fights, and past opponents play a big role in that. past opponents are what can change a fighters approach to that style the next time he sees it, making past opponents crucial, such as in maidanas case. Alexander is a pure boxer, with a decent ring IQ, an awkward southpaw style, and he has medium to little power at 47 just like broner. so lets do a ral triangle theory here, lets say alexander beat maidana, and so broner should be able to also, yet alexander used footwork, movement, and clinching to defeat maidana, he neutralized maidanas weapons, this is something adrian broner does not do, adrian does not clinch, ever, and alexander was clinching everytime maidana got set to throw, which was smart. the key word here is smart, something adrian doesnt like.

notice how Adrian was speaking like a brawler after the paulie fight by saying Paulie "got on his bicycle all night," implying that he was running like a bitch, not that he was "boxing on the move", something his idol is famous for? This shows me that broner has taken the mindset of a brawler or puncher. it makes me think he doesnt appreciate boxers anymore. so that makes me feel like he will probably not box like alexander did, and more or less try to please the fans by outpunching the puncher, after all this is a fight to please the fans, thats why hes going to fight marcos. and maidana can chase opponents sometimes, but thats absolutely irrelevant in this fight because broner be riding his bicycle aymore, so maidana wont have to at all, unless he does what i think hes going to do, and bitch out when he feels marocs power. but thehn hell be in survival mode so it wont even matter.

And boxing is all about triangle theories, thats what makes it so exciting, just because one guy beat another, doesnt mean that guy is beating the next guy. and yes they tell you alot, maybe you dont see it, but i do. what you can do is asses why a triangle theory exisist between 3 fighters, what aspects allowed each guy to beat the next, and how each fight unfolded, and how each fighter chose to fight in those circumstances, and what decisions were made from all angles by both men. its very telling, and very interesting, at least i think so. You see we cant really even discuss the fuckin fight whatsoever if you cut out what you consider "triangle theories."

Just by skimming through this it doesn't seem like you know what a triangle theory is but ok. Idk who you were expecting to read all that. It's common knowledge triangle theories are worthless in boxing (assuming the person knows what a triangle theory is).

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jul 28 2013, 02:37 AM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 28 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #35

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

[quote name='The Original MrFactor' date='Jul 27 2013, 03:28 AM' post='586331']
I didnt think that was racial. It was more pointing out what a step n fecthit Mayweather Jr jr was. he might as well do press conferences in Black face. As Chris Rock says, Mayweather jr jr takes us back about 72 years. So much for progress. Just my 2cents.

---Scholar WD Wright in his book, The " Crisis of the Black Intellectual" highlights how people in this country misunderstand race and racism... I would tell Broner what I said to his face and not because I am 6"7 and was trained by Detroit Fruit of Islam killers when I was a teen, but because of what you pointed out above.

If Broner and Maidana Fight we will find out what Broner really is made of... He will not be getting pitty patted by Malignaggi who Broner never even buckled with a punch. If he cannot hurt Maidana he is dead meat

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 28 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

I'd love to be there when you say it to his face, he has some real ignorant bastards around him. You got minstrel show like characters everywhere, I wonder who speaks up to them like they speak on Broner though.

It's black faces in everyday life and I'm willing to go out on a limb to say no one does shit about it, race and racism could be confused but if someone feels disrespected by it then it is what it is...you got so called step n fetchit black leaders and I don't see anyone really speaking up on that. Real talk Jesse, Sharpton and definitely not Farrahkhan, they pose no threat to the establishment. I don't care for the attention whoring of Jesse and Al. Farrahkhan is cool to me somewhat but my issue with him I could go in on all day

I don't think Broner sets us back anymore then reality tv does but the display of jealousy and crab in barrel mentality which I seem a lot of blacks still have does...reality tv showd like love and hip hop and bad girls Club sets us back farther then him, what do you do about that? Not a damn thing

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jul 28 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #37

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

This is a pick-em fight to me. It should flesh out any other strengths/weaknesses Broner has that we haven't seen. My gut tells me Broner will win by another close decision. Either way, I give him respect. Maidana should be a challenge.

As far as his promotion goes, I don't think its too bad. He comes across like an asshole but he's also a young guy and people understand that. He needs to turn the volume down from 11 to 10 maybe and he won't turn so many people off.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 28 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 27 2013, 03:28 AM) *

As to the fight... I'm looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how Maidana approaches Mayweather Jr jr. Will it be Devon Alexander all over again(who I think Maidana does much better against in a rematch) or will it be the Maidana of the Ortiz/Khan fights. Is mayweather jr jr more like Alexander or Ortiz?? Who will be the bigger dude that night?? If Mayweather Jr jr comes in bigger then i think he gets Maidana by SD12. If Maidana comes in looking bigger, I think he stops Jr jr. its that simple. This is a fight between guys who may not be their best at 147 YET. I think Maidana is much more adjusted than Jr jr, so we'll see what happens. Great fight between two good fighters.

Dont defend his ignorance, thanks.

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 28 2013, 12:15 PM) *
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 27 2013, 03:28 AM) *

---Scholar WD Wright in his book, The " Crisis of the Black Intellectual" highlights how people in this country misunderstand race and racism... I would tell Broner what I said to his face and not because I am 6"7 and was trained by Detroit Fruit of Islam killers when I was a teen, but because of what you pointed out above.

If Broner and Maidana Fight we will find out what Broner really is made of... He will not be getting pitty patted by Malignaggi who Broner never even buckled with a punch. If he cannot hurt Maidana he is dead meat

Look motherfucker, I meant what I said. When I see stupid shit like "minstrel show" coming from you, I dont even pretend to think you're using it in an intelligent manner. Spare me the horseshit of posting what author said what, I could give two shits.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 29 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 28 2013, 03:35 AM) *
Just by skimming through this it doesn't seem like you know what a triangle theory is but ok. Idk who you were expecting to read all that. It's common knowledge triangle theories are worthless in boxing (assuming the person knows what a triangle theory is).

actually i do, a triangle theory in boxing is when three fighers each beat one but lost to the next such as:

cotto>mosley>margarito>cotto. hence it forms a triangle between the three with the arrow of defeat moving in rotation and completing the circle.

or

ali>foreman>frazier>ali

There are a bunch of them in boxing. I honestly dont understand how that even comes into play here, i dont think you even know how to back up what you said so your just trying to brush it off by acting like i dont know what im talking about.

if we wanted to make a triangle theory we would need 2 fights we dont have, which is khan vs broner, and malignaggi vs maidana. then we could complete the triangle. we cant even do that because khan beat both of them, so there cannot be a triangle formed because their is nobody to defeat khan. therefore its impossible. if we could it would be something like this: khan >maidana >adrien>paulie>khan. but khan beat paulie so it doesnt work. plus i was just comparing their fights to each other. you obviously dont know what the fuck your even talking about but please feel free to clear things up if you have the courtesy to do so. pr ,aybe i just dont understand because im just stupid right?

yeah you sound like a noob who doesnt know wtf hes talking about and just repeats shit other people say because it sounds intelligent, your the equivalent to berto trying to imitate mayweathers defense and im guererro smashing through that bullshit.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 30 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 29 2013, 10:39 PM) *
actually i do, a triangle theory in boxing is when three fighers each beat one but lost to the next such as:

cotto>mosley>margarito>cotto. hence it forms a triangle between the three with the arrow of defeat moving in rotation and completing the circle.

or

ali>foreman>frazier>ali

There are a bunch of them in boxing. I honestly dont understand how that even comes into play here, i dont think you even know how to back up what you said so your just trying to brush it off by acting like i dont know what im talking about.

if we wanted to make a triangle theory we would need 2 fights we dont have, which is khan vs broner, and malignaggi vs maidana. then we could complete the triangle. we cant even do that because khan beat both of them, so there cannot be a triangle formed because their is nobody to defeat khan. therefore its impossible. if we could it would be something like this: khan >maidana >adrien>paulie>khan. but khan beat paulie so it doesnt work. plus i was just comparing their fights to each other. you obviously dont know what the fuck your even talking about but please feel free to clear things up if you have the courtesy to do so. pr ,aybe i just dont understand because im just stupid right?

yeah you sound like a noob who doesnt know wtf hes talking about and just repeats shit other people say because it sounds intelligent, your the equivalent to berto trying to imitate mayweathers defense and im guererro smashing through that bullshit.

I think you have your shapes confused pal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

A triangle theory would be as follows cotto beat Mosley right? Margarito beat cotto, so therefore margarito should be able to beat Mosley. Now Im glad you brought up those three because as we all know (not so sure about you) that cotto beat Mosley and margarito did beat cotto but did Mosley lose to margs??No Mosley obliterated margs and he was never the same again. That is the perfect example of why triangle theories do not work in boxing.

Next week I can explain the birds and the bees if you like

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jul 30 2013, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:08 PM