Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone ever see this?, Testimony to HBO's nuthuggery
Franchize
post Oct 21 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I know this fight is long gone now but I just was curious if anyone had seen this lol. For the record, I had Manny winning this fight but not nearly as "dominant" as others.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Must be those new glasses, Jim......Probably. Killed me !!

Good vid...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 21 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Yeah, someone posted this a few mths after the fight and it even made some websites. I had Manny winning the fight, but hey, wth do I know?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Seen this before lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 21 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This is from a while back. Still funny tho

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Worse case of jockriding I've ever had the displeasure of hearing, and to think there are people out there who still believe that Manny won this fight as well, I thought Pacquiao lost that fight and I agree with the judge who awarded him the fight even though she got it clearly wrong in the last fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 21 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Worse case of jockriding I've ever had the displeasure of hearing, and to think there are people out there who still believe that Manny won this fight as well, I thought Pacquiao lost that fight and I agree with the judge who awarded him the fight even though she got it clearly wrong in the last fight.

I thought Manny won but I didn't think he looked good at all. I only think he won because, while Bradley made him miss a bunch of times, he didn't make him pay. If you dodge a bunch of punches and get hit by one, but then not return fire, I can't give you the nod. Manny Pacquiao on the other hand got WAY too much credit for his performance. "Excellent Footwork"? Ha! His footwork was atrocious. He lunged with his left hand to the point where his back foot left the ground. He, and every other Freddie Roach fighter for that matter, couldn't cut off the ring to save his life. He threw away some rounds because he was chasing Bradley. It was a poor tactical bout from both fighters in my opinion.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 08:46 PM) *
I thought Manny won but I didn't think he looked good at all. I only think he won because, while Bradley made him miss a bunch of times, he didn't make him pay. If you dodge a bunch of punches and get hit by one, but then not return fire, I can't give you the nod. Manny Pacquiao on the other hand got WAY too much credit for his performance. "Excellent Footwork"? Ha! His footwork was atrocious. He lunged with his left hand to the point where his back foot left the ground. He, and every other Freddie Roach fighter for that matter, couldn't cut off the ring to save his life. He threw away some rounds because he was chasing Bradley. It was a poor tactical bout from both fighters in my opinion.

Well you focused on only one element of the scoring in regards to why you thought Tim lost it whereas I focused on all the other elements that seemingly gets overlooked nowadays in this action-junkie generation of scoring "boxing" matches these days like:
Ring Generalship
Defense
Effective Aggression

And while we're at it, let's not forget that TB's jab basically controlled this fight and was never accounted for in the scoring, somehow all of those things were grossly overlooked and all anyone seemingly focused on is what they thought Manny Pac was landing or how much damage they ASSumed he was doing.

Regardless whether or not I made my point or you believe you made yours, I know we're just going to have to agree to disagree based on what I've stated above.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 21 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 08:23 PM) *

I remember the video from the first time it was posted about a week after the fight. I thought Manny won 116-113 or 116-112. No way the shutout that HBO had. Their Manny favoring bias was terrible. But for the life of me, I could not give Tim more than four rounds. Brutal, what did you see that Duanne Ford and CJ Ross saw who scored 115-113 for Bradley in giving him the fight? What was YOUR score?

Jack

PS. Brutal, sorry I missed your post above and read your reasoning now. I think Bradley did the things you described, However, I don't think he did them often enough to win the fight or even force a draw. There were times when Bradley's footwork was not good, And to his credit, he fought fairly well with bad feet. Maybe he could have won without controversy with good feet. In my view, Tim's jab was good, just not enough to win.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:59 PM) *
Well you focused on only one element of the scoring in regards to why you thought Tim lost it whereas I focused on all the other elements that seemingly gets overlooked nowadays in this action-junkie generation of scoring "boxing" matches these days like:
Ring Generalship
Defense
Effective Aggression

And while we're at it, let's not forget that TB's jab basically controlled this fight and was never accounted for in the scoring, somehow all of those things were grossly overlooked and all anyone seemingly focused on is what they thought Manny Pac was landing or how much damage they ASSumed he was doing.

Regardless whether or not I made my point or you believe you made yours, I know we're just going to have to agree to disagree based on what I've stated above.

Actually, you're incorrect. As others can attest to, I'm a HUGE fan of tactical boxing. I just didn't think either fighter fought a sound tactical fight. I thought Manny and Tim were sloppy. Tim's defense was good. Not great but good. I thought his ring generalship was poor because, while he was making Manny miss, he backed himself into corners allowing for the illusion of Manny hurting him and landing punches that really weren't landing at all. Tim was often off balance, as was Manny. Manny was more aggressive but it was far from effective. Tim started landing his jab solidly in the later rounds. I gave him 2 of the last 3 rounds and scored one even. I thought Tim's body work went under-appreciated in the later rounds as well. I've said repeatedly that there were a lot of punches Manny missed that HBO was raving about. After all, I am the one who posted the video for this thread. I didn't see much damage to either fighter. I just felt Tim didn't seize the opportunity to make Manny pay like he should have. I think the injury had a lot to do with it. That was a nasty twist. I thought it was messed up, also, that Lampley was trying to act like Diaz was making up some phantom injury for the entire fight. There was clear video evidence of Tim twisting his ankle.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 22 2013, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:56 AM