> WHY NOT???, Mosely vs Bradley
BrutUalBK
post Jan 24 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 24 2013, 02:19 PM) *
I have no problem with you dissagreeing with me, man. You made some valid points.

However I have to return this dissagreeing "favor" although I kind of agree with you. I am just stricktly against these kinds of fights where a guy retires, saying he doesn't have it anymore, then realizes hes broke and nobody cares about him post boxing-wise and to top it all of he then decides he still got it- knowing he aint got shit and begs for a TITLE match. No sir. Name should not get you what you want, results should imo. - I know that's utopia btw.

Hey Bro, it's cool to disagree (not just for the sake of disagreeing) but we all are entitled to our opinion which I believe you have expressed well but I vehemently disagree with it because this is the fight game and unfortunately "Name" does get you what you want in this sport.

Floyd has a big name, he can pretty much fight whoever he wants (as long as they sign the contract and take the tests) but Mosley has a big name still regardless of his so called "retiree" status, I mean, come on-how many fighters have retired and then unretired simply because they have a name and then get a big fight (Hatton comes to mind as of recently).

I don't think Shane is totally finished and I still believe that he can be competitive vs the likes of feather-fisted fighters like Paulie and the likes so I can't totally count him out especially since he still has power.

Shane may not be the once fan friendly fighter he used to be but he still has the power to draw people in because of his perceived "nice guy" demeanor and his big name still gives those up and coming a big name on their resume so this is a somewhat safe bout for Arum to entertain putting Tim in while still showing Bradley that he cares for him as his Promoter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 24 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2013, 07:35 PM) *
not sure i wanna see shane take the beating he would get from bradley. he's one of the sports good guys. i'd much rather see him against malignaggi because i think it's fair to say he won't be hurt too bad. on a different note...malignaggi wants maidana. that's an interesting bout.

It's the classic boxer vs the puncher fight (though Marcos has been adding more skill of late) but I think in the end that Maidana brings too much pressure for Paulie to run all night, eventually he catches him and hurts him badly and wins a dominating UD (after he wears him down chasing him for 5-6 rounds).

Maidana via UD or TKO

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 24 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 24 2013, 01:56 AM) *
Shane's name should not be mentioned in the same sentence with anyone with a belt. Period.

I just can't stand what he is crying about in the recent interview here on FH. "Paulie is afraid, I am old, I am his only chance"....Paulie is not affraid - Maidana is a much bigger threat, you ARE old, only chance? LOL and...you don't deserve shit. End of story.

Mosley is too far gone to be mentioned anymore. Even if he hurts guys now, it's like his goes through the motions, like "That wasn't supposed to happen." (i,e Mayweather-round 2) and stops trying (Mayweather, rounds 3-12.). Yes, I thought he beat Cotto, but even the Margarito win, how much was that due to "Cheato" no longer having his loaded gloves? A come-backing Shame, 70% says he just plays nice for a payday. 30% or less says he'll actually care. And he hasn't done anything to even deserve that 30% chance for several years.

Jack

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 25 2013, 06:30 AM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

At this point in Shane's career, I can't see him beating Malinaggi or Bradley. Both guys have speed, movement, and stamina which will be a nightmare for Shane.I would jump on this fight if I was Paulie since we all know he want be champ for long.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 25 2013, 06:30 AM) *
At this point in Shane's career, I can't see him beating Malinaggi or Bradley. Both guys have speed, movement, and stamina which will be a nightmare for Shane.I would jump on this fight if I was Paulie since we all know he want be champ for long.

Good points! People tend to forget how much speed Bradley really possesses, even I forget from time to time. I guess watching him lunge and/or load up on his punches, makes most forget about his speed.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 25 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think this would be as boring as Manny vs Shane...if not more. Shane is too skilled still to be outboxed but too washed up to do anything significant to hurt Bradley. I have ZERO desire to see this fight.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 25 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

If people didn't want to see Paulie M and Mosley mix it up what in heaven's name would people want to watch Bradley and Mosley fight? The guy is done and becoming annoying by the hour. Shane was a beast in his prime and he was good if not great in his prime but his time has come and gone. Unlike Juan Marquez who just knocked Pac into a sleep induced coma people still want to see him fight because he has gas left in the tank. Mosley has been on empty for sometime. Walk away Shane and save your good name. You will probably lose your lady to a rising baller but remember the good times. Get you a B plus chick they are just as fun.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jan 25 2013, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 25 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

I'm not saying that Shane would even be remotely competitive to the likes of Bradley but he does still possess the power to hurt any of them should he catch them with a shot (especially one that they don't see), sure it could be a one-sided bore-fest especially if Mosley does nothing (not pull the trigger) but I'm not talking against big punchers here.

PM and TB cannot bust a grape in Welch's backyard so you know Mosley doesn't have to fear getting put to sleep, he will get outworked and he will be at least 2 steps behind both but it'll be interesting should either of them decide to feel their oats and play the trading game going toe to toe with him.

This is the fight game and anything can happen, whoever in their right mind thought that Buster Douglas would do what he did to Mike Tyson??

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 25 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 25 2013, 04:17 PM) *
I'm not saying that Shane would even be remotely competitive to the likes of Bradley but he does still possess the power to hurt any of them should he catch them with a shot (especially one that they don't see), sure it could be a one-sided bore-fest especially if Mosley does nothing (not pull the trigger) but I'm not talking against big punchers here.

PM and TB cannot bust a grape in Welch's backyard so you know Mosley doesn't have to fear getting put to sleep, he will get outworked and he will be at least 2 steps behind both but it'll be interesting should either of them decide to feel their oats and play the trading game going toe to toe with him.

This is the fight game and anything can happen, whoever in their right mind thought that Buster Douglas would do what he did to Mike Tyson??

Mosley needs to be in that backyard with the grapes because he is done. He doesn't have it anymore. He is done. No pop just a soft jab! If that

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 26 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 25 2013, 06:54 PM) *
Mosley needs to be in that backyard with the grapes because he is done. He doesn't have it anymore. He is done. No pop just a soft jab! If that

Try telling that to Floyd or Margo. lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:43 AM