IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
Plah
post Jan 23 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Well Bradley is out of the equation.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-oppo...t-coming--61673

I doubt its Canelo.
It can only be Guerreo. Floyd is BSing us lol

What if floyd fight Trout and Canelo fights the winner of Smith/Bundrage? Then Floyd and Canelo meet in september to settle the score considering everything goes smoothly?

Floyd ain't fighting Trout imo, kinda big for him. I was hoping it would be Bradley, that for once GB and Top Wank would work together (or that TR wouldn't interfere with that matchup).
I don't mind Guerrero but I think he doesn't deserve that fight just yet. Canelo is reserved for September. I'll like to think Schaeffer is misleading us and it'll be indeed Bradley.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 23 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 23 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Floyd ain't fighting Trout imo, kinda big for him. I was hoping it would be Bradley, that for once GB and Top Wank would work together (or that TR wouldn't interfere with that matchup).
I don't mind Guerrero but I think he doesn't deserve that fight just yet. Canelo is reserved for September. I'll like to think Schaeffer is misleading us and it'll be indeed Bradley.

i hope its bradley too honestly

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 23 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Doubtful its Bradley too, they are saying he is fighting zaveck

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 03:46 PM) *
Trout
Bradley
Malinaggi
Alexander

Guerrero/Canelo are the most exciting fights for floyd but he's done nothing impressive at 147. As an interim with only 2 fights in the weight class youd expect him to keep on fighting and calling EVERYone in the division out instead of waiting for the cash cow. Why not fight Maidana? Why not call out Marquez? Cano? Malinaggi? Lopez/Ortiz now that they are ready to go? Why not move down to 140? He beat an inactive Berto and only one top 10 mandatory challenger. Not to mention he skipped the entire 140 pound division. Even though Bradley/Alexander arent exciting fighters their resume's are far more impressive. Trout's win against Cotto is greater than all of Guerrero's wins combined. He doesnt merit a Floyd fight more than Alexander/Trout/Bradley/Malinaggi.

My only Question is if Floyd fights Canelo in May who will he fight 9/14........ will we see Mayweather Martinez in September? O.O

u can scratch malignaggi and alexander off that list. i think bradley is the most worthy...then trout....then guerrero.

guerrero beat the number one guy in the wbc..then he beat the former title holder at 147. that imo trumps malignaggi's accomplishments at 147...not to mention paulie looked like shit in his last fight.

alexander has wins over maidana and bailey...both in unimpressive fashion.

i'd argue that guerrero has looked more impressive at welter than paulie and devon. but that's just me.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Jan 23 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 23 2013, 02:11 PM) *

Floyd is just an inch and a half shorter than Trout and they have the same reach. I'd say he'd definitely fight Trout and beat him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (emd01 @ Jan 23 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Floyd is just an inch and a half shorter than Trout and they have the same reach. I'd say he'd definitely fight Trout and beat him.

trout is a much bigger framed guy. u could see the huge size difference when he fought cotto. cotto was closer to floyds size.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 23 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2013, 08:55 PM) *
If he beats Martinez, convincingly, he will be the best hands down of this generation.

And I think you hit it on the head with guerrero. He beat two very beatable guys in a dirty fashion and still had trouble.

I think he's already the best of his generation, I mean realistically who can challenge him in any weight class for that title

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2013, 12:55 PM) *
If he beats Martinez, convincingly, he will be the best hands down of this generation.

And I think you hit it on the head with guerrero. He beat two very beatable guys in a dirty fashion and still had trouble.

Martinez has to rematch that pothead in September I believe so that ain't happening. I would hate to see him fight Guerrero. At the same time, I just want to see the dude fight. I think Mayweather would box Trout to death, it would look like Oscar De La Hoya all over again accept Trout does not have Oscar's jab. from 140 to 154 that those divisions are loaded he should try to find better competition that The Ghost.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2013, 11:13 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2013, 10:36 PM) *
I think Mayweather would box Trout to death, it would look like Oscar De La Hoya all over again accept Trout does not have Oscar's jab.

Here we go again...giving Floyd the W for fights that haven't even happened. Trout has the same arm length/reach as Floyd...something Floyd hasn't faced in a while (if ever). A Trout fight for Floyd would be somewhat of a nightmare.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 24 2013, 01:35 AM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Honestly i just wish Mayweather and Pacquiao would both make their comebacks together on may 5th! it would be the biggest boxing event now before it gets too late. Pacquiao better not bitch about taking the lower cut this time lol... Sorry i needed to be the one to request this, i just had another debate about it.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 03:40 PM