IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Every top contender/prospect should be looking to fight Berto right now.
leonthegee
post Sep 4 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Once upon a time Berto was on his way to getting his big fight that would change his life. But since Nov 2010 hes fought 2x for a total of 17 rounds. Not to mention coming off of a reaccuring injury. If I was Khan, Alexander, Ortiz, or any of those guys on the verge of a big fight with Floyd or Manny before the retire, I would be beating on Bertos door (like Ali did to Sonny Liston back in day). We all know boxing is about timing, in and out of the ring, and right now Berto seems prime an ready to be knocked off. And with the suspension too he has to lacking in confidence right now. According to Bertos twitter his teams working on a possible title shot in November. Could be Paulie, Guerrero, or Bradley.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 4 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Once upon a time Berto was on his way to getting his big fight that would change his life. But since Nov 2010 hes fought 2x for a total of 17 rounds. Not to mention coming off of a reaccuring injury. If I was Khan, Alexander, Ortiz, or any of those guys on the verge of a big fight with Floyd or Manny before the retire, I would be beating on Bertos door (like Ali did to Sonny Liston back in day). We all know boxing is about timing, in and out of the ring, and right now Berto seems prime an ready to be knocked off. And with the suspension too he has to lacking in confidence right now. According to Bertos twitter his teams working on a possible title shot in November. Could be Paulie, Guerrero, or Bradley.

i think all 3 beat berto. he was looking like pure doo doo before his suspension.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 4 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 04:08 PM) *
i think all 3 beat berto. he was looking like pure doo doo before his suspension.

If Berto improves his conditioning and defense he will be a problem from 147-154

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 4 2012, 06:33 PM) *
If Berto improves his conditioning and defense he will be a problem from 147-154

very tall tasks...i can't see him changing anytime soon. he seems set in his ways and also seems to be going backwards in those two areas.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

A Bradley fight would be a stretch, in regards to making it happen. Paulie or Guerrero are good choices. I believe Berto will gravitate towards Guerrero, since he has that useless belt that seems to make him think a Floyd fight is attached to it.

I see Berto having a lot of respect for Paulie, and that fight almost makes no sense. I see Berto having that fire in his eyes, with all intentions of knocking Guerrero down a couple of notches. Either way, beggars cant be choosers...and Berto and Guerrero are in the same boat.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2012, 09:12 PM) *
A Bradley fight would be a stretch, in regards to making it happen. Paulie or Guerrero are good choices. I believe Berto will gravitate towards Guerrero, since he has that useless belt that seems to make him think a Floyd fight is attached to it.

I see Berto having a lot of respect for Paulie, and that fight almost makes no sense. I see Berto having that fire in his eyes, with all intentions of knocking Guerrero down a couple of notches. Either way, beggars cant be choosers...and Berto and Guerrero are in the same boat.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the hate for guerrero is strong in u.

i think that's a good fight. if guerrero should beat berto...which i believe he will...would that be enough for him to get a shot at floyd? that green belt happens to be his ticket to a mandatory shot at floyd. we all know how the business goes...floyd is going to vacate before he defends...but i can't knock guerrero for trying.

which belt does paulie have?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 09:19 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the hate for guerrero is strong in u.

i think that's a good fight. if guerrero should beat berto...which i believe he will...would that be enough for him to get a shot at floyd? that green belt happens to be his ticket to a mandatory shot at floyd. we all know how the business goes...floyd is going to vacate before he defends...but i can't knock guerrero for trying.

which belt does paulie have?

Lol, I only hated him during his resting period in the sport, when he called out 50k fighters. Seriously though, he needs this Berto fight, and Berto just needs a fight, period. Lol

If Berto catches Guerrero early, then that may be it. He has to get that respect from Robert, because Robert's on a mission. Anyhow, you already explained the deal with Floyd vacating and so forth, we all know how that goes.

I believe Paulie has the WBA title.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Lol, I only hated him during his resting period in the sport, when he called out 50k fighters. Seriously though, he needs this Berto fight, and Berto just needs a fight, period. Lol

If Berto catches Guerrero early, then that may be it. He has to get that respect from Robert, because Robert's on a mission. Anyhow, you already explained the deal with Floyd vacating and so forth, we all know how that goes.

I believe Paulie has the WBA title.

i seem to recall something about guerrero balking at malignaggi. that's a little suspect. if thinks he can beat floyd...then he should have no problem getting past a guy like paulie.

i wouldn't mind seeing a fight in any combination of those three. guerrero/berto/malignaggi. hell...i'll throw in two other names for good measure....khan/guzman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 4 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Yes berto has a lot of holes in his game buy he also has 1 punch ko power. This is a very dangerous fight for any guy from 147-154 cause even though he can't really box or has bad defense he can shut the lights out..

I still believe that if any other fighter other than ortiz gets caught with that god Damn gorilla hook in the sixth they would not have gotten up let alone fought back.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 10:00 PM) *
hell...i'll throw in two other names for good measure....khan/guzman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Guzman?! Guzman is still alive? Oh it's career that died. My bad...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:13 PM