IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones, at 195...
FH's Opinion...
Old or New?
Silva [ 7 ] ** [50.00%]
Jones [ 5 ] ** [35.71%]
It's a pick 'em. [ 2 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
kidbazooka1
post Mar 27 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Mar 27 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Of course, who hasnt. Ive never missed a UFC.. but you Hardcore D- Ride Anderson Silva... Jones aint James Irvin or Forrest Griffin... Hes faster, stronger, and more athletic.. Dont know what the reach advantage would be like but 2" height advantage i believe in the favor of Jones as well as the reach.. cant think of anyone off the top of my head with similar size who Silvas already faced.. Dont think Silvas ever counted on fighter someone with a similar style but taller, longer, and more athletic...

Silvas almost been spoon fed victories tho... Jones' wrestling pedigree can prove to be problems for Silva.. i think if he does pull out a win itd be a Sonnenesque type of submission off his bacc. To be honest Silva isnt that unorthodox.. he may pull off some crazy shyt but its actually very technical and accurate.. The move itself maybe complex but it doesnt make it unorthodox (unless of course you throw and front kicc to the chops.lol)

But im convined no one can beat Jones.. if anyone could itd be Silva no doubt.. juss dont see it. Styles make fights and i think Jones' style is too much for Silva.. New School is in.(plus i like a good underdog) lol

You say Anderson isn't unorthodox thats why i had to ask have you ever seen him fight? Cause Anderson has stopped people with upward elbows to the chin and throws some crazy as strikes like jabs to the knees. Yes he is also very technical when he wants to be but he is also unorthox when he wants.

As a matter of fact alot of the unorthodox strikes that Jones throws he got them from Silva like the kick to the knee. Jones has even admitted to saying he's gotten alot of his strikes from Silva aswell as that crawling up the stairs thing Anderson does whne he enters the cage jones got that from him too.

Jones throws some crazy stuff but he doesn't excute them with the same speed and accuracy as Anderson.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Mar 27 2011, 10:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 27 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 26 2011, 09:48 PM) *
War am i hearing you right you picked master Anderson to take this. I like you a lil more now.lol

You are hearing me right. That doesn't change my opinions about him though. Anderson is still an over-hyped product of the UFC, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good fighter. I've said it numerous times, he is the #2 P4P fighter in the world, though I have no problem with anyone who ranks him 1st.

My only problem with Anderson, besides his shitty personality, is the way he has been over-hype by the UFC to the point that unsuspecting noobs actually believe he is somehow the greatest fighter that ever lived. Ludicrous.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 27 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

Jones would get brutally KO'd by Silva the minute he tried one of those retard spinning elbows or flying knees. No one please suggest otherwise. Jones's striking isn't 1/10th of Silva's.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Mar 27 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 27 2011, 09:02 PM) *
Jones would get brutally KO'd by Silva the minute he tried one of those retard spinning elbows or flying knees. No one please suggest otherwise. Jones's striking isn't 1/10th of Silva's.

Thats what im tryin to tell ppl but for some reason alot of these young MMA fans who don't know sh*t about the sport or the fighters think because there guy gets one great win all of a sudden he can beat everyone in the sport.

Jones can't strike with Silva cause he'll get flattened and when he takes him down he'll have to worry about not getting put to sleep. So no matter where the fight goes i see Anderson winning it eventually.

War I know you'll never be a huge Anderson supporter but i like your honesty towards this match up.

With that said i still feel Jones along with Jose Aldo and Barboza will be the future p4p leaders of the sport.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Mar 28 2011, 09:11 AM

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Mar 30 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #15

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 26 2011, 09:01 PM) *
Will never happen. Anderson is hell-bent on fighting welterweights at middleweight.

That being said, I'd still pick him to beat Jones. He's got a better chin than Shogun, and his striking is more technical. Jones would never catch him with the crazy shit he caught Shogun with. Silva's laser precision would too much for Bones on the feet, and Silva's got just enough ground game that I think over the course of 5 rounds he'd find a way to sub Jones if he ended up fighting off his back.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It probably killed you to click on Silva up there...

but I agree the most likely scenario is this fight never taking place...BECAUSE Silva don't want any of this kid.

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 26 2011, 10:48 PM) *
C Anderson's speed and power are hard to overcome on the feet but if the fight stays on the ground Silva will catch Jones no doubt in my mind.

Jondacon18 have you see Anderson fight? Anderson is the master of unorthodox striking he knocls people out cold with crazy sh*t and like mentioned above he carries KO power in his strikes something Jones just won't be able to pick up.

War am i hearing you right you picked master Anderson to take this. I like you a lil more now.lol

I like Jones but i don't see how anyone could say he is on par with Anderson in the strking department. Jones is not a striker by nature Silva is. Anderson knows how to move around the ring gracfully like a boxer with smooth feet movement ala a young Ali. Jone is more flat footedand doesn't have the foot and hand speed of Anderson.

Jones has a way to go to be an Anderson silva-like fighter and even then he may never be able to do the things Anderson has done.

Everyone thought, including myself, Shogun had the advantage in Striking and Experience...that was until we saw him get completely overwhelmed by Jones' striking arsenal...

Shogun tapping to strikes?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 27 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Jones's striking isn't 1/10th of Silva's.

Like you, I'm an Old Guard kinda guy....Shogun is my 2nd favorite MMA fighter of All Time...and no matter how off he was, he still got destroyed...and I have to respect that and evaluate Jones properly...

So when you say Silva is a 10 times better striker, I have to completely disagree...I'd say he's an 8 to Silva's 10...Silva getting the extra points for technique and accuracy...conversely, Jones is breaking dudes' faces with his elbows and crushing their bodies with his knees and fists...he's slapping crucifixes on thick ass Russians and ragdolling supposedly better wrestlers...

I'm tellin' y'all....this kid is younger, bigger, longer, and stronger than Silva...explosive as FUCK too...did you see him hit that Rock Bottom on Shogun?...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyway...in the end, I know some New Age fans out there may be overrating him, but I'm afraid a lot of Old School fans may be UNDERrating him at this point in time...

P.S.~ I like your analysis, JON...I see it ending up on the ground with Silva being helpless and getting manhandled...Silva's experience is all he will have if it goes down...

P.P.S.~ Jones may have some trouble with Evans due to the emotional nature of their situation...

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Mar 30 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 30 2011, 08:30 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It probably killed you to click on Silva up there...

but I agree the most likely scenario is this fight never taking place...BECAUSE Silva don't want any of this kid.

Everyone thought, including myself, Shogun had the advantage in Striking and Experience...that was until we saw him get completely overwhelmed by Jones' striking arsenal...

Shogun tapping to strikes?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

Like you, I'm an Old Guard kinda guy....Shogun is my 2nd favorite MMA fighter of All Time...and no matter how off he was, he still got destroyed...and I have to respect that and evaluate Jones properly...

So when you say Silva is a 10 times better striker, I have to completely disagree...I'd say he's an 8 to Silva's 10...Silva getting the extra points for technique and accuracy...conversely, Jones is breaking dudes' faces with his elbows and crushing their bodies with his knees and fists...he's slapping crucifixes on thick ass Russians and ragdolling supposedly better wrestlers...

I'm tellin' y'all....this kid is younger, bigger, longer, and stronger than Silva...explosive as FUCK too...did you see him hit that Rock Bottom on Shogun?...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyway...in the end, I know some New Age fans out there may be overrating him, but I'm afraid a lot of Old School fans may be UNDERrating him at this point in time...

P.S.~ I like your analysis, JON...I see it ending up on the ground with Silva being helpless and getting manhandled...Silva's experience is all he will have if it goes down...

P.P.S.~ Jones may have some trouble with Evans due to the emotional nature of their situation...

Check my prior post leading up to the fight i unlike most here said Jones was gonna beat Shogun i was rooting for Rua but I just had that feeling Jones was gonna take it.

Shgoun and Anderson are two different fighters Shgoun is slow and wide with his strikes has no feet movement and gets hit with almost everything that gets thrown at him and on top of that his conditioning looked horrible. Like i've stated in the past Anderson is a whole different kind of animal when taken down he'll work from the bottom and standing he will kill Jones no doubt in my mind.

What suprised me was how tired Jones was getting yet Shogun wasn't really putting up a fight if Jones gets tired liked that against Silva he'll get stretched out.

As for Evans i don't see Jones haveing a tough time with him at all.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Mar 30 2011, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Mar 30 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #17

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

Gotta go with Silva.

I could definitely see a rivalry/trilogy building off a fight between the two.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Mar 30 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #18

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

PRETTY SURE JONES IS UP FOR THE FIGHT... His confidence is sky high at this point, which it should be...

SILVA FANS, DO YOU THINK YOUR BOY IS UP TO THE CHALLENGE?...

either way itd be an orgasmic fight to watch.. deff have you on the edge of your seat the whole time...

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Mar 30 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #19

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 30 2011, 08:30 AM) *

Thanks.. i was beggining to think i was alone on this one!..lol

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Mar 30 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Mar 30 2011, 07:02 PM) *
PRETTY SURE JONES IS UP FOR THE FIGHT... His confidence is sky high at this point, which it should be...

SILVA FANS, DO YOU THINK YOUR BOY IS UP TO THE CHALLENGE?...

either way itd be an orgasmic fight to watch.. deff have you on the edge of your seat the whole time...

C'mon man Silva ducks no one he's one of those guys that likes to praise his opponents yet downplays himself as if he's no big deal(you guys get what im saying)but it's all part of his mental games kinda like a Pacqiuao but inside you know they know there badd asses if not they wouldn't have gotten as far as they have.

Silva will fight him because like most great fighters they believe they can beat anyone.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Mar 30 2011, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:02 PM