IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 17yr old girl gets punched in the face by cop for jaywalking, Justified or too far?
Snoop
post Jun 17 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Here's something that happened a couple days ago that's causing all this controversy here in Seattle. Some people think the cop took it too far, while others thought he was totally justified. I personally thought the punch wasn't necessary and that he punched her more out of anger and frustration rather than "having no other discourse", but at the same time it was stupid of her to put her hands on a cop (and jaywalk across one of Seattle's busiest streets for that matter).

Thoughts?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96353934.html

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Jun 17 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #2

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

LOL...If me and my buddies went at a cop like that, we would get a beating and rightfully so.

If you don't want to get hit with a night stick, tased, or worse - don't put your hands on a cop. I am fairly certain that if she or her friend hadn't touched him, things would have gone a lot better.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 17 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

QUOTE (JD @ Jun 17 2010, 11:12 PM) *
LOL...If me and my buddies went at a cop like that, we would get a beating and rightfully so.

If you don't want to get hit with a night stick, tased, or worse - don't put your hands on a cop. I am fairly certain that if she or her friend hadn't touched him, things would have gone a lot better.

There was a whole radio segment on this where one caller called in and said, "The police could have pepper sprayed her, tazed her, but they had to PUNCH her?", which was followed by another calling saying, "As a person who has been pepper sprayed, tazed and punched by the police, you'd much rather be punched."

+Quote Post
JD
post Jun 17 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #4

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

I mean...if he tazed the two girls would it have been better?

I don't know, to me, you put your hands up showing no aggression and you talk to them. You don't push them, wrestle with them and scream at them...they are police officers, and while they may not always be fair, that approach is the most counter productive possible.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Jun 17 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

I've been pepper sprayed and that shit fucking SUCKS .....I would rather take a punch any day.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 17 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Heavyweight

QUOTE (JD @ Jun 17 2010, 11:39 PM) *
I mean...if he tazed the two girls would it have been better?

I don't know, to me, you put your hands up showing no aggression and you talk to them. You don't push them, wrestle with them and scream at them...they are police officers, and while they may not always be fair, that approach is the most counter productive possible.

Though it sounds strange, tazing them might have looked better. (Of course definitely worse for the girls)

What I mean by that is it would have looked more professional. My only grip about the punch is that it looked more like decision-making based on emotion rather than on rationality, and while police officers are human, I didn't think the situation was "dangerous" beyond some obnoxious teenage girls.

Don't get me wrong, the girls were foolish to be acting that way in the first place, but it doesn't help the situation to punch one of them in the face (especially with no backup and surrounded by pissed off community members) when you could just as easily snatch them up and handcuff em like he did with the other girl.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Jun 17 2010, 06:52 PM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 17 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 17 2010, 11:50 PM) *
I've been pepper sprayed and that shit fucking SUCKS .....I would rather take a punch any day.

I've been maced before and that shit is excruciating. I'd rather be punched as well.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jun 17 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #8

Guests

http://www.break.com/fights/guy-smacks-gir...issing-him.html

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 17 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #9

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 18 2010, 12:04 AM) *

That's fucked up, but why is it relevant?

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jun 17 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #10

Guests

Girl getting hit in the face. Just like your thread title. I didn't even watch your video.

I don't know. We have two titles.

"17 year old gets punched in the face for jaywalking"

"girl gets punched in the face for not giving phone number"

You seem like a smart enough guy to get something in common from those vids, no?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:10 AM