IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The WORST Decision in Olympic Boxing Since Jones-Park!, Video: OMG!!!!! (Good article too!)
Jack 1000
post Aug 2 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Here you go guys:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/boxi...al-rulings.html

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 2 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

These Olympics have exposed everything that's wrong with amateur boxing

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 2 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 2 2012, 11:34 PM) *

It's also the fucked up computer scoring, a knockdown only counts no more than a punch! But the ref should have issued an automatic stoppage after the third KD.

Jac

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 2 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

They exposed what's wrong with boxing period, corruption and scoring flaws. I saw terrell fight today too and I thought he should have edged it too but he didn't get the nod either

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 3 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 2 2012, 11:36 PM) *
It's also the fucked up computer scoring, a knockdown only counts no more than a punch! But the ref should have issued an automatic stoppage after the third KD.

Jac

And to add on to that is the officiating in the bouts. Like you said, the fight should've been stopped but he didn't stop it. It's been so many fights I've watched during these Olympics and I just get sick to my stomach. Those boxers work all those hours, put in the necessary preparation to go out and try to make their families, countries proud and win a medal and to be robbed, cheated like that just sucks to watch. AIBA is in serious need of reform and some sort of regulation. Dare I say their more corrupt then the pro game

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 3 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 2 2012, 11:36 PM) *
They exposed what's wrong with boxing period, corruption and scoring flaws. I saw terrell fight today too and I thought he should have edged it too but he didn't get the nod either

Yep saw that to. You could make the case that Diaz and this other Team USA fighter were caught in the cross hairs of corruption too. But the Gaushea fight today was sickening also. The first round I'll give to his opponent who's name escapes me due to the spelling lol, but Terell dominated...absolutely DOMINATED him in rounds 2 and 3 and they gave it to dude by a point. I'm all for keeping your head high and controlling the things you can control as Atlas said but I'd be so crushed if that happened to me. Their over their victimizing these fighters

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Aug 3 2012, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 3 2012, 03:49 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I understand that everything is business but oh my god. Way too corrupt.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 3 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

aiba has voted to get rid of the current scoring system and it won't be in place for the next olympics. they're also doing away with headgears. i don't understand why that wasn't done for this one. why wait four more years?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 3 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 2 2012, 11:34 PM) *

the olympics aren't a reflection of amateur boxing in the U.S.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 3 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 3 2012, 01:17 PM) *
aiba has voted to get rid of the current scoring system and it won't be in place for the next olympics. they're also doing away with headgears. i don't understand why that wasn't done for this one. why wait four more years?

Thanks Professor,

I have not checked this out. But are they just going to go to a 10-point must scoring system like in the pros? They should, with a three-knockdown rule in effect, or three standing 8 counts ending the fight. No more headgear, that's surprising. This also may put a damper on the WBC looking to experiment with computer scoring, which is supposed to be introduced in November at their convention. Jose Suliman said that they would like to try something that is NOT number (Punch-Stat) based, but a system that more accurately reflects what happens in the ring. I still like the traditional 10 point must system, but believe that there should be more liberal use of the lesser points given to boxers who lose a round.

I sent a letter to the WBC about this, that there should be a wider use of the 10-point must system. Now if the Olympics would do that, it would help.

Jack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:26 PM