> Bowe accuses Golota of steroid use
thehype
post Jan 15 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #1

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I bet you thought this was some new information.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nope...just an old story from nearly 14 years ago....but it will be interesting to see if this plays a role in the defamation lawsuit that Pacquiao has going on right now. Check it out:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1996-10-1...s-golota-lathan

Bowe accuses Golota of steroid use, wants test N.J. official says testing would happen only if both fighters' camps agree
October 18, 1996|By Alan Goldstein,SUN STAFF

Former heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe, preparing for a rematch with Andrew Golota, has accused his rival of using steroids in their first riot-marred fight at Madison Square Garden last July.

"I definitely think he was on steroids," said Bowe, who was being soundly beaten before being declared the winner by disqualification in the seventh round when Golota was charged with a fourth low blow. The boxers will meet in Atlantic City, N.J., on Dec. 14.

"Look at Golota's record prior to fighting me," he said. "Mediocre guys were hurting him. When he fought me, he had a lot of energy and my punches didn't bother him.

"If he is not tested for steroids this time, there will be no fight. Mano a mano, I know he can't beat me. If he's clean, and he gives the same kind of performance, I'll tip my hat to him. Otherwise, we'll know his performance in July was enhanced by steroids."

Dr. Billy Lathan, chief medical officer for the New York State Athletic Commission, said yesterday that his commission does not test for steroids, adding, "I do not believe any state commission tests for it.

"Personally, I don't think it's that important relative to all the other tests we do for drugs, AIDS, hepatitis, and the condition of a fighter's heart and eyes," said Lathan. "I think, in the long run, steroids would prove more harmful."

Larry Hazzard, chairman of the New Jersey Athletic Commission, said, "If both camps -- Bowe and Golota -- mutually agree to being tested for steroids, we would oblige them.

"Currently, we do not require steroid testing, but there is latitude in our rules and regulations to ensure the integrity of an event."

Pub Date: 10/18/96
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jan 15 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

Great find.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 15 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

Haha... Did Golota ever test positive for something?

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jan 15 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #4

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Actually...I'm terrible...I shouldn't have started a new thread for this.

But it's just so funny to see how Mayweather is getting blasted for doing the same thing that others have done in the past. I mean, think about it...does anybody remember Riddick Bowe's request causing such a stir in boxing and mainstream media? It's hilarious...fvcking Bowe is like, "HELL YEAH I THINK THAT MUDDASUCKA IS USING STEROIDS. I WANT HIS ASS TESTED ASAP!"

That's fvcking great.

Upon further review, Andrew Golota should sue his ass. Who knows how much those accusations cost him in future earnings throughout his career. I mean seriously...Golota was beloved by his Polish fans, and then those accusations come out and bam...career down the toilet. Those accusations alone could have cost him MILLIONS when he fought Adamek. LOL.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 15 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Member No.: 14

LOL!!!!

Awesome shit Hype!!! I too throught this was new info! (And that Bowe and Golota would meet in a rubber match! hahaha)

Jack

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 15 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #6

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Golota had a bunch of back pimples too...Bowe was probably right on that one.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jan 15 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 15 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Golota had a bunch of back pimples too...Bowe was probably right on that one.

Yes he did. Also I remember that after he was inactive for a while until he fought Byrd and his body looked more muscular and ripped.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jan 15 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #8

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

Golota was for sure on steroids. I thought it back then and I think it now.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jan 15 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #9

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 15 2010, 03:53 PM) *
Golota was for sure on steroids. I thought it back then and I think it now.

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

WHERE ARE MY FELLOW GOLOTA FANS!!!!!!

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!!! I DEMAND THAT YOU SHOW US YOUR EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FVCK THAT...I'M TALKING TO A LAWYER....WE'RE GOING TO SUE GOLDEN BOY AND TEAM MAYWEATHER FOR THIS! SOMEHOW....SOME WAY....I KNOW THEY'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THESE ACCUSSATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Jan 15 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

Im so not with you on this hype. This fight falling apart was more floyd than manny although both could have bent more if they really wanted the fight. although to say manny diddnt bend quite a bit would be inacurate.

I know you your position is that for 40 mil take the test. but that argument is on both sides and manny is in a diff position than us financially. Hell Id fight any of these guys with a blood test on 20 minutes notice for 50,000 with one hand

This post has been edited by jlupi: Jan 15 2010, 05:42 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:07 PM