IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrian Broner Suspended by WBC for Racist Comments (Credit-Bleacher Report)
Jack 1000
post May 8 2014, 02:02 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Bleacher Report reports that Adrian Boner has faced suspension by the WBC for his remarks following the Molina fight:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2055274...sitive-comments

While I support free speech, racist remarks like the ones Mr. Broner made are not acceptable, and should face some consequences. I don't think any apology from Broner is going to mean shit. He is such a thug and a POS. You would think the loss to Maidana would have made him more mature, This guy is such an insensitive moronic clod!

Mayweather before his prison turn around and excellent behavior improvements. He was never as bad as Broner. I don't know where you draw the line with this guy? Is he an example of cold-conceited arrogence where he has to be a character, or just an idiot? He is sure making himself look like an idiot.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 8 2014, 02:25 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

While in extremely poor taste, he didn't say anything racist. He basically said, "I'll fight anyone and beat them", then went to list the different ethnicities...that is, of course, until Jim Gray had a Pete Rose flashback.....

Now, I'll cut some of you cowboys off at the pass....had he ONLY went at Mexicans and more importantly, called them a slur, I'd be all on board. Furthermore, if a white guy had said the same thing and went at his own culture/nationality, too, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's his schtick, no matter how juvenile it may have been, it wasn't racist. If anything, it was INCLUSIVE....as in "any and everyone can get that @$$ taxed."

This, IMO, is a preemptive suspension...meaning, they KNOW he's gonna say something uber Eff'd up in the VERY near future, they saw this as him testing the "boundaries". They can't outright suspended him from being a dickhead, so this was the best course of action.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: May 8 2014, 02:29 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2014, 05:52 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i couldnt see a massive issue with what he said, but then again in the UK we have an issue with a tv presenter called jeremy Clarkson to do with racism

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post May 8 2014, 07:36 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

The comments were similar to When Macho Camacho about 30 years ago after a fight said...he would fight so and so.. then he said, "All them niggers"... LMAO

Broner was not being racist

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 8 2014, 09:27 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

What he said was stupid, not racist

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2014, 09:48 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I can't necessarily deem his idiotic remarks, as racist remarks. Maybe his stupid face, annoying Kevin Hart voice, and his future intent to exhibit silly behaviors, is what drove them to suspend him.

As Bnoles mentioned, it seemed like Broner was testing to waters, just to see how much room he had to be ignorant. I can tell he was warming up, after the Desean Jackson and Michael Vick comments, which ended with, "Fuck the fight, we already had that won" (or something to that effect).

Slowly, but surely, that "humbleness" that he claimed, died a quick death. Let's not forget how much of a dick Jim Gray is though...he isn't completely off the hook, period. I mean, he's just about as much of a jerk as Merchant was. For f*ck's sake, he wouldn't even let Marcos advertise his Argentinian Moon Pie, or whatever tha hell that was.

Broner's just the prized prick of boxing, period...glad they're at least trying to get a handle on it. For a guy that royally got his ass kicked months ago, was made fun of across the net, and was put back in the ring with a bum...you'd think that he would at least act like somebody with two brain cells to rub together...at least for a little while.

Anyway, I can't expect anybody to act the way I want them to act...it's unrealistic and is usually a letdown. That's how he acts, that's how he draws attention, nothing I can do. However, to say that you "just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican", was right up Broner's alley...tasteless, but not racist.

My thing is, if you're gonna be as quiet as a church mouse after you get your ass kicked, then don't be a raging chatterbox-of-a-cunt after you beat a no hoper.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

That was in no sense of the word racist, it's funny that everybody is up and arms about this but where was the critics when he said it before. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Broner and he's said that 4 or 5 times. Going all the way back to when he was on HBO. Now he's racist, FOH!

I'd venture to call the WBC as an organization racis but I won't, I'll just say their baised, let's not act like they want the n****'s with their green belts around their waist. The WBC will do anyhting to keep their champions of hispanic decent. Should I lobby for them to be suspended in some form or fashion? I find this hypocritical from an organization who has a history of doing such. What he did was use it in the wrong setting, in the proper setting what he said may have had a different effect but the venue and the pplatform Broner chose to use it on was off. When he said it before I nor anyone else had a problem with it, now it's a problem? If I was him or advising him, I'd tell him don't apologize for shit because you ain't say nothing wrong. It's plenty of other sanctioning bodies out there he can fight for, f*ck the WBC

BandCamp!!!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 8 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 06:48 AM) *
I can't necessarily deem his idiotic remarks, as racist remarks. Maybe his stupid face, annoying Kevin Hart voice, and his future intent to exhibit silly behaviors, is what drove them to suspend him.

As Bnoles mentioned, it seemed like Broner was testing to waters, just to see how much room he had to be ignorant. I can tell he was warming up, after the Desean Jackson and Michael Vick comments, which ended with, "Fuck the fight, we already had that won" (or something to that effect).

Slowly, but surely, that "humbleness" that he claimed, died a quick death. Let's not forget how much of a dick Jim Gray is though...he isn't completely off the hook, period. I mean, he's just about as much of a jerk as Merchant was. For f*ck's sake, he wouldn't even let Marcos advertise his Argentinian Moon Pie, or whatever tha hell that was.

Broner's just the prized prick of boxing, period...glad they're at least trying to get a handle on it. For a guy that royally got his ass kicked months ago, was made fun of across the net, and was put back in the ring with a bum...you'd think that he would at least act like somebody with two brain cells to rub together...at least for a little while.

Anyway, I can't expect anybody to act the way I want them to act...it's unrealistic and is usually a letdown. That's how he acts, that's how he draws attention, nothing I can do. However, to say that you "just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican", was right up Broner's alley...tasteless, but not racist.

My thing is, if you're gonna be as quiet as a church mouse after you get your ass kicked, then don't be a raging chatterbox-of-a-cunt after you beat a no hoper.

First off, lay off D Jax and Vick! My two favorite players. Jax got railroad because the Eagles didn't want to pay em. So all of a sudden after 6 years Jax is an active Insane Crip gangsta?

More bad news for Broner. The chic he did the sex tape with is suing him... Broner isn't a racist just dumb. He doesn't know when to calm down. It wasn't like his performance was that great. I don't think he was ever humbled. Jim Gray's expression was funny. "Come on has some class" lol.

At first I thought Broner was acting but I honestly think this is how he is.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 8 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #9

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

racist no out of line YES....the boy needed some disapline anyway

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2014, 10:51 AM) *
That was in no sense of the word racist, it's funny that everybody is up and arms about this but where was the critics when he said it before. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Broner and he's said that 4 or 5 times. Going all the way back to when he was on HBO. Now he's racist, FOH!

I'd venture to call the WBC as an organization racis but I won't, I'll just say their baised, let's not act like they want the n****'s with their green belts around their waist. The WBC will do anyhting to keep their champions of hispanic decent. Should I lobby for them to be suspended in some form or fashion? I find this hypocritical from an organization who has a history of doing such. What he did was use it in the wrong setting, in the proper setting what he said may have had a different effect but the venue and the pplatform Broner chose to use it on was off. When he said it before I nor anyone else had a problem with it, now it's a problem? If I was him or advising him, I'd tell him don't apologize for shit because you ain't say nothing wrong. It's plenty of other sanctioning bodies out there he can fight for, f*ck the WBC

BandCamp!!!

He has said that at least 4 times, but I think the stinger was the, "I just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican". It just didn't look good...seemed real unsportsmanlike, but that's about it.

I just feel that the term "racist" has been thrown around waaaay too much, and used loosely. I believe it's one of those terms that people use, in place of admitting that "their feelings are hurt"...to avoid ridicule.

Just like the word "classic" has been used waaaay too loosely in the hip-hop community. At the end of the day, it's subjective (in most cases), and it's one of those things that not everybody is gonna be pleased with, regardless of the disciplinary outcome. Some people cry racism, when racist things aren't even said, it's usually a new policy or whatnot, that's being set in place. At that point, when some people feel that they can't advance (amidst of the new changes), they'll swear that it was designed to "hold them back", which also equates to "racism" in their eyes.

As most would agree, Broner is a jerk, but I can only commend him for not going as far as saying something about the gay/lesbian/TG community...nooooobody would wanna hear them pissing & moaning about the stuff they pick and choose to cry about.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 04:13 AM