IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just heard from a solid that PBF & King..., have signed a $100 million contract!
caneman
post Aug 7 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

PBF better watch what he signs though as I don't see him fighting pass Pacman. Not sure why I say that but for $100 million, King will need 3-5 fights to make his $$$ back! Does anyone see him fighting more than 2-3 fights...I am having a hard time picturing that myself! Bring on Pacman vs PBF & fuck Margacheato & his cheating ass & his bullshit belt! Thoughts y'all?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Aug 7 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2010, 11:43 AM) *
PBF better watch what he signs though as I don't see him fighting pass Pacman. Not sure why I say that but for $100 million, King will need 3-5 fights to make his $$$ back! Does anyone see him fighting more than 2-3 fights...I am having a hard time picturing that myself! Bring on Pacman vs PBF & fuck Margacheato & his cheating ass & his bullshit belt! Thoughts y'all?

a few fights i could see past a pacman fight is for sure a corey spinks fight if spinks is still champ and a possible alexander fight and there is always a rematch win or lose vs pac... but i agree i dont see him wanting to fight that many times.... lol...

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 7 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,253

Assuming it's TRUE, it will be VERY VERY interesting to see if Floyd feels like suddenly paying taxes again this year. That's what I'm most interested in...

King contracts fail to bamboozle me anymore. What he guarantees fighters' per fight, etc., does NOT mean that THAT is what they will receive. Period. I think a few, if not many of us, have been around the boards of maxboxing, b-talk and fighthype to understand that.

I definitely think King and Arum will work better together, because they are pure promoters and understand each other very well, and, despite having their differences, both share the same common goal.

Dont be surprised if this winds up a.) biting Floyd in the ass (although I tend to think not), or b.) NOT coming to fruition.

Part of me still wonders whether Floyd is dangling DK in front of Haymon/GBP to leverage more $$$$, but on the other hand, Don has already played the stable pony for Floyd already, and I doubt the high haired one would let himself be used again.

PS - Floyd doesn't NEED DK to make $100M

PPS - I've seen 20-lb lobsters, and THAT wasnt one.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 7 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 7 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Assuming it's TRUE, it will be VERY VERY interesting to see if Floyd feels like suddenly paying taxes again this year. That's what I'm most interested in...

King contracts fail to bamboozle me anymore. What he guarantees fighters' per fight, etc., does NOT mean that THAT is what they will receive. Period. I think a few, if not many of us, have been around the boards of maxboxing, b-talk and fighthype to understand that.

I definitely think King and Arum will work better together, because they are pure promoters and understand each other very well, and, despite having their differences, both share the same common goal.

Dont be surprised if this winds up a.) biting Floyd in the ass (although I tend to think not), or b.) NOT coming to fruition.

Part of me still wonders whether Floyd is dangling DK in front of Haymon/GBP to leverage more $$$$, but on the other hand, Don has already played the stable pony for Floyd already, and I doubt the high haired one would let himself be used again.

Indeed JB! On all counts! The one thing I will say though is that not sure PBF makes $100 mil unless he fights Pacman twice & he'll be gone & never fight in the ring again! Just my thought on it! It is gonna be interesting as hell though! I can't wait!

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Aug 7 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 7 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Co-sign!!!

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 7 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #6

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2010, 11:43 AM) *

Who's your solid? Twitter?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 7 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #7

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 7 2010, 12:45 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

You gotta wonder why someone would take a picture of a contract, conveniently showing the dollar amount, and then post it on Twitter.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 7 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,253

Ahhhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaaha.

Hype.

Bringing it.

Dude, what are your thoughts on this?

I actually (I cant believe Im about to type this) miss that old mother fucker Don King. I need him back in my life. If only to remind me there is someone who walks this earth that is more full of shit than myself.

Seriously, I would like to see the mix master back in the mix.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 7 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #9

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

On a side note, if he IS seriously entertaining a promotional contract (which should be doubtful considering how much he likes to call himself his own boss), methinks he should have a SERIOUS conversation with Roy Jones Jr. and ask him what it felt like to GIVE BACK $10 million to Don King after the Trinidad fight in order to fight Joe Calzaghe.

There's a reason why Roy Jones Jr. is trying to sue the UFC for a mere $10,000.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 7 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

That contract is about as real as Pacquiao being ALL Natural. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Just Kiddin...

I doubt this contract is legit. I saw a picture of it and it looked like someone was just bored and decided to type up some bullshit and take a picture of it. I think Floyd can make 100 million off of two Pacquiao fights alone. I still think that Floyd is sitting out the rest of the year for WHATEVER reasons. If Mayweather signs with Don King, this opens up a lot of fighters that Floyd can fight. After Pac, you have Berto, PWill, and Spinks. I still believe that in 2012 we may see Khan-Mayweather in a huge PPV fight.

This post has been edited by D-MARV: Aug 7 2010, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:52 PM